Body and Soul or Body, Soul and Spirit?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar

Shuna

Star
We have a body, and a spirit that is above the head before integrating the pineal gland at the age of 6 or 10 years. And the soul, is what the spirit projects. The heart works by signals and draws back the blood, so without this source of energy the body dies, but the spirit remains or leaves, if the person wants. Emotions are a function of how the person's brain functions, their beliefs and upbringing, as well as life events, etc. For the will, the structure of the brain, its beliefs and education, as well as life events, etc.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
What is difference between a spirit and a soul? When we discuss spirituality, aren't those related to our soul?
Well, I had assays wondered what the difference was between a “soul” and a “spirit” as well. It occurred to me that it was worth talking about as it seems to be a topic over which there is some confusion and debate!

JoChris

Superstar
An interesting question came up in another thread -

Are we two part or three part beings? Do we have a body and a soul (mind, will and emotions) or is there another component to our nature, the “hidden man of the heart”?

What does the Bible teach?

It is an interesting question. There are actual terms for it.
Tripartite (theology)
Bipartite (theology)

It's funny that even in our colloquialisms we admit that the Soul and the Heart are not the same thing.
I remember Christian worship songs speaking of "my heart and my soul" as well.
Spirit is not Soul and Soul is not the Intellect and Intellect is not the Soul and Soul is not Heart.
But all of these are within Man (the Body).

Lol you had to remind me of:

YokeFellow

Established
Are we two part or three part beings?

All Life is Tripartite

soul (mind, will and emotions)

You stated a pre-conceived bias which is incorrect. Soul is not 'mind, will and emotions'.

Here is what the Bible teaches...
  • Body = The physical flesh part of a living being
  • Soul = A Lifeform's Genome
  • Spirit = Electromagnetism/Energy
As far as 'mind, will and emotions' is concerned, that would fall into the Spirit category.

When a Lifeform physically dies, it becomes Soul and Spirit and is ready to be placed into a new Body.

YokeFellow

Established
...Soul and the Heart are not the same thing.

They have more in common than you realize.
  • Soul = Genome
  • Tables of the Heart = Genome
2 Corinthians 3:3
"Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart."

I remember Christian worship songs speaking of "my heart and my soul" as well.

There was Wisdom being imparted to you. Did you receive it?