Bob Dylan: Murder Most Foul

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Numbers 23

7 And he took up his parable, and said, Balak the king of Moab hath brought me from Aram, out of the mountains of the east, saying, Come, curse me Jacob, and come, defy Israel.

8 How shall I curse, whom God hath not cursed? or how shall I defy, whom the Lordhath not defied?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
What the hell are you talking about. 1. JFK was not a Jew. 2. This Jehoshaphat partner with Ahab Lennon screwed up big time. 3. This isn't a thread about Abrahamic promises. 4. The God of Abraham destroyed Jews at Shiloh and in Exodus for mixing in with the gods of the nations He hated. 5. JFK is none of his business and he should keep his filthy hands off of him
I’m honestly not quite sure what you are talking about @Stephania - perhaps we are talking at cross purposes?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
ah cool, i sent vc an email asking what they thought of this tune, glad to see a thread , unglad thread is wonky
What I found interesting was the long gap between musical output, and the 17 minutes of cryptic lyrics. I think there may be something in the names Dylan mentions, which may break down to a message he wants to get out “under the radar”, but who knows, it might just be a long song ;-)

Stephania

Star
Numbers 23

7 And he took up his parable, and said, Balak the king of Moab hath brought me from Aram, out of the mountains of the east, saying, Come, curse me Jacob, and come, defy Israel.

8 How shall I curse, whom God hath not cursed? or how shall I defy, whom the Lordhath not defied?
Balak and Baalam were not Jewish. Dylan is. And a religious one at that. That's why I like to refer to him as Jehoshaphat with all of this Lennon business. He should and does know better, even with the Hitler thing aside. Lennon even insulted him in his song 'Serve yourself' after Dylan also found Christ. But he still kisses his ass to this day. I mean the guy wrote a song for him that he is light and to keep rolling on in his album Tempest- like he is still alive. He didn't stop in his next album in Triplicate either. What's a religious Jew doing with a group of people who disdain religious ppl in their message, follow Crowley- and have a fake marriage bed and milk and honey with no God?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Balak and Baalam were not Jewish. Dylan is. And a religious one at that. That's why I like to refer to him as Jehoshaphat with all of this Lennon business. He should and does know better, even with the Hitler thing aside. Lennon even insulted him in his song 'Serve yourself' after Dylan also found Christ. But he still kisses his ass to this day. I mean the guy wrote a song for him that he is light and to keep rolling on in his album Tempest- like he is still alive. He didn't stop in his next album in Triplicate either. What's a religious Jew doing with a group of people who disdain religious ppl in their message, follow Crowley- and have a fake marriage bed and milk and honey with no God?
Please understand I don’t know where Bob is spiritually, he once professed Christianity but he has had a number of guises over the years. What interested me was that for all his flaws, his lyrics have always been interesting. If you like, I am interested in what an artist meant by a painting, nothing more...

Stephania

Star
Please understand I don’t know where Bob is spiritually, he once professed Christianity but he has had a number of guises over the years. What interested me was that for all his flaws, his lyrics have always been interesting. If you like, I am interested in what an artist meant by a painting, nothing more...
I understand. I guess the guy just annoys me because his 'paintings'- as you will- always conflict themselves somewhere between truth and falsehood, depending on which one you look at. He still jumps all over the place to all of his guises. He seems to go backwards and forwards constantly. Apparently- in his song 'Song for Bob Dylan'- this also annoyed Bowie at some point. But really- Bowie did the same thing so I can only take all of that with a grain of salt.
Have you ever seen the video of Lennon and Dylan talking in a car back in the day? It's on YouTube. It's quite.. interesting.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
-Lennon.

he isn’t wrong. I really like Dylan’s religious albums actually, and MMF and some of his recent material is very good. He’s been on a roll this year and don’t think we need to read to much into it.

In March 1977 Yoko traveled with John Green to Cartagena in Colombia to meet a witch who had been recommended to her as someone "who could do anything." Green had to accompany her to check out the witch's validity. Yoko paid the witch sixty thousand dollars to perform a series of rituals culminating in the sacrifice of a dove. When they returned to New York; Yoko insisted that they had to fly via Los Angeles and Alaska to avoid having to fly in a northeasterly direction because she believed this would bring her bad fortune.

Next came one of the most extraordinary turnabouts in John's life. A television addict for many years (it was his way of looking at the world since he could no longer walk around anonymously), he enjoyed watching some of America's best-known evangelists—Pat Robertson, Billy Graham, Jim Bakker, and Oral Roberts. In 1972 he had written a desperate letter to Roberts confessing his dependence on drugs and his fear of facing up to "the problems of life." He expressed regret that he had said that the Beatles were more popular than Jesus and enclosed a gift for the Oral Roberts University. After quoting the line "money can't buy me love" from "Can't Buy Me Love" he said, "It's true. The point is this, I want happiness. I don't want to keep on with drugs. Paul told me once, 'You made fun of me for taking drugs, but you will regret it in the end.'

John Lennon became a Christian after seeing the TV miniseries Jesus of Nazareth. He began a correspondence with Oral Roberts the televangelist, telling him he didn’t want to go to hell. Gradually his faith weakened and he was no longer a believer. It didn’t help that Yoko Ono didn’t approve of his conversion to Christianity.

I could be wrong but a lot of evidence suggests anybody who gets as famous as Dylan and Lennon were involved in unspeakably wicked things

Stephania

Star
I wonder if most of them think they are “too far gone to be saved”?
I put personally put Dylan on a different page than Lennon and the rest of the sell-outs.. but as far as The Beatles and sellouts.. I don't think it's a matter of thinking they are too far gone to be saved- they purposefully went far gone to try to pervert the right way knowing what it was and went against it to try to get God to accept it and confuse the hell out of ppl like Satan wanting their own way and perverting grace for willful sin and blasphemy. Like Peter said- it would have been better for them to not know the right way- than to know it and go against it.

Stephania

Star
On a completely different topic.. but since we are talking about Dylan.. this just popped up on my news feed. A musician that played with him died today. I guess he treats the musicians that play with him and famous ppl he knows differently- as this musician said before he died that they were never friends out of respect for his privacy- unlike Dylan and Lennon etc