blue light from the monitor/screen: bad for you

polymoog

Superstar
an article (among many out there) talking about it:
https://www.activistpost.com/2018/08/artificial-blue-light-research-macular-degeneration-blindness.html

this video is a bit extreme (for serious conspiracy theorists):

so the screen displays are leading to macular degeneration in our eyes.

we have a few options:

1. get a new monitor (does not help if you stare at your phone all day)

2 get a monitor filter (software):

3. get a pair of blue-color blocking glasses:

https://www.amazon.com/Anti-Blue-Prescription-Eyeglasses-Eyestrain-Headaches/dp/B06XT4KSWX/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1534709780&sr=8-4&keywords=blue+blocking+glasses

4. get a monitor screen filter (physical):
https://www.amazon.com/Screen-Protector-Laptop-relieve-computer/dp/B01NBNLEE4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1534709867&sr=8-3&keywords=monitor+filter+for+blue+light

PS: i ordered the yellow glasses yesterday. when they arrive, ill type up a testimonial on the thread.

Last edited:
I've got these from UVEX- Less than 10 bucks on amazon. They're great but I don't use them nearly enough. Actually just put them on now after reading your post! They're good for reading and typing but not so much for graphic art or watching anything that you want to see the blue in it!

sim hae

Established
I'm a longtime user of f.lux but I've been getting a lot of floaters in my eyes for a couple of years now anyway, and I think my excessive screen time is probably the cause of that.
It's supposed to happen to people in their 70s or 50s, not 30s :(

polymoog

Superstar
I'm a longtime user of f.lux but I've been getting a lot of floaters in my eyes for a couple of years now anyway, and I think my excessive screen time is probably the cause of that.
It's supposed to happen to people in their 70s or 50s, not 30s :(
got em too. sometimes its like one of those christmas snow globes. well, not that bad, but its annoying when looking at things with squigglies floating by in the daylight. ive learned to ignore them. i was told that the floater phenomenon was the result of eye trauma, as the particles in the back of the eye (rods/cones?) broke off and are floating in the fluid. never put any pressure on your eyeballs.

saw the product on amazon: 2 sellers said it worked for floaters; 1 said no.

urine therapy is supposed to work.

the guy in the vid at the top (tony) says it is from chemtrail fallout.
good news is he has a natural recipe to clean it out:

Last edited:

sim hae

Established
got em too. sometimes its like one of those christmas snow globes. well, not that bad, but its annoying when looking at things with squigglies floating by in the daylight. ive learned to ignore them. i was told that the floater phenomenon was the result of eye trauma, as the particles in the back of the eye (rods/cones?) broke off and are floating in the fluid. never put any pressure on your eyeballs.

the guy in the vid at the top (tony) says is from chemtrail fallout.
I never knew that you shouldn't ever apply pressure, every time I'm in the shower I put quite a bit of pressure to squeeze the water out because I can't allow even one drop of water to get in my eyes since that will make me unable to see for at least half a day afterwards. Thanks for letting me know <3

I don't think I'll be trying urine anytime soon though XD, I need very good eyesight for my job, I'd rather be infested with floaters and work in a darker environment so they don't bother me, than risk not being able to work at all if my eyes get infected or sth.
Thank you for that recipe BTW, I'll run it by my ophthalmologist, but even if she doesn't approve, I think I will still try it on one eye and see how that goes.

@grateful servant : Thank you, I'll check that out too.
I've been told that there's nothing you can do about these annoying buggers, I'm happy to have found a bit of hope.

polymoog

Superstar
I never knew that you shouldn't ever apply pressure, every time I'm in the shower I put quite a bit of pressure to squeeze the water out because I can't allow even one drop of water to get in my eyes since that will make me unable to see for at least half a day afterwards. Thanks for letting me know <3

I don't think I'll be trying urine anytime soon though XD, I need very good eyesight for my job, I'd rather be infested with floaters and work in a darker environment so they don't bother me, than risk not being able to work at all if my eyes get infected or sth.
Thank you for that recipe BTW, I'll run it by my ophthalmologist, but even if she doesn't approve, I think I will still try it on one eye and see how that goes.

@grateful servant : Thank you, I'll check that out too.
I've been told that there's nothing you can do about these annoying buggers, I'm happy to have found a bit of hope.

if water getting into your eyes is causing them to get bloodshot, the pH is way off. perhaps you should look into adding on a small shower head filtration device with a carbon filter. that should help a great deal.
re: the eyeball pressure, that was said by an eye doctor. i go along with doctor recommendations/information until it comes to them prescribing drugs. at that point, they can bugger off while i find my own natural remedies. they can do the diagnoses. i handle the solutions.

Maes17

Superstar
I'm not seeing floaters or anything.
But the phone has been disturbing my sleep recently. I think I need to listen to the wife and put the phone completely away an hour before snooze time

Aero

Superstar
Blue light is everywhere. It's emitted from the Sun, and it's why the sky is the color it is.

Definitely try to protect your eyes from overexposure to blue light. But blue light plays an important function to keep us healthy. That's why I don't keep my glare reducing lenses on all the time.

polymoog

Superstar
so i am presently wearing my anti-blue blocking glasses as i type this. theyre chinese crap, but theyre working. the glasses are lightweight and fit over my regular glasses.
ive never looked more dorky, but i dont have to worry about my eyes getting wonky because of the blue light.

if theyre good enough for bono, theyre good enough for Moog.

1534980103083.png

i hate bono, by the way. : )

Last edited:

lovesoul

Established
My samsung has a button/option on the pull down quick access thing that says blue light filter. The day I got it, i turned it all the way down lol my best friend was like why do you do this to your phone?! So did the at&t guy at the store lol I'm like blue light is bad for you just research it. I also did that on my iPhones before, though it wasn't called blue light filter. I did it to my husbands phones as well :p

polymoog

Superstar
My samsung has a button/option on the pull down quick access thing that says blue light filter. The day I got it, i turned it all the way down lol my best friend was like why do you do this to your phone?! :p
i wouldve responded by saying, "why do you do that to your eyes?"

Helioform

Star
My phone has a blue light filter also. Kinda weird to look at a more brownish screen when it is turned on but it's all much better for the eyes.

Also just discovered that Windows 10 has a blue light filter option as well. Turned that on too.

Maes17

Superstar
so i am presently wearing my anti-blue blocking glasses as i type this. theyre chinese crap, but theyre working. the glasses are lightweight and fit over my regular glasses.
ive never looked more dorky, but i dont have to worry about my eyes getting wonky because of the blue light.

if theyre good enough for bono, theyre good enough for Moog.

View attachment 14834

i hate bono, by the way. : )
Bloody sunday and new years day were good songs though.

That's all I like from him really

Maes17

Superstar

the guy in the vid at the top (tony) says it is from chemtrail fallout.
I see them floaters a lot too. Too much phone time

Tidal

Star
Just to clarify, 'floaters' are quite normal in eyes of any age, they're just bits of harmless cellular debris and caused by nothing in particular.
But 'macular degeneration' is a different thing, it's the breaking down of the retina at the back of the eye the older we get, I don't know if modern lighting and TV/computer screens definitely have anything to do with it.
Another thing worth mentioning are cataracts which cloud up the lens, but again I don't know for sure if modern lights are responsible.

Maes17

Superstar
Just to clarify, 'floaters' are quite normal in eyes of any age, they're just bits of harmless cellular debris and caused by nothing in particular.
But 'macular degeneration' is a different thing, it's the breaking down of the retina at the back of the eye the older we get, I don't know if modern lighting and TV/computer screens definitely have anything to do with it.
Another thing worth mentioning are cataracts which cloud up the lens, but again I don't know for sure if modern lights are responsible.
I think macular degeneration is eye damage more from bright light like going outside and it’s too bright type of thing.

But yes. I believe you are correct there sir