Blood sacrifice. Are they divine or satanic?

Lisa

Superstar
??

Who created the tree of the knowledge of good and evil?
Who sets the standards for evil if not your god?

Regards
DL
Its not that God doesn’t know what evil is...the tree opens peoples eyes to the difference. You know what is evil and you know what is good after you eat the fruit. By eating the fruit and going against God that was evil because they wanted to be like God.

He only sets the standard for good because He is good.

Its not that God doesn’t know what evil is...the tree opens peoples eyes to the difference. You know what is evil and you know what is good after you eat the fruit. By eating the fruit and going against God that was evil because they wanted to be like God.

He only sets the standard for good because He is good.
Whose opinion on evil do you trust above your god's?

Regards
DL

Axl888

Established
Here is my take on good and evil.

So, being creations of God, angels and men are hardwired to do good and follow the will of God, this is because all of God's creation were good in the beginning. But God gave us free will, the freedom to do good or evil.

Good and evil are just consequences of free will operating under laws or commandments, so good and evil are inherent to free will.

But then, who ultimately determines which is good and evil? In Judeo-Christian world, only God, His will and commandments (laws) are absolute and universal. Therefore whoever follows and adheres to His will and commandments (laws) is doing "good", and whoever transgresses them is doing "bad or evil".

If there are no commandments (laws), how do we determine which is good or evil? We cannot! There is no good or evil if there are no commandments (laws).

So, if there is no God, then there are no commandments (laws), if there are no commandments (laws), then there is no good or evil, a version of the world which the author of this thread and the rest of the atheists in the world can be happy with.

But then, there is GOD! And the authority over the material and the spiritual world is all His, and to that I say Amen.

Lisa

Superstar
Here is my take on good and evil.

So, being creations of God, angels and men are hardwired to do good and follow the will of God, this is because all of God's creation were good in the beginning. But God gave us free will, the freedom to do good or evil.

Good and evil are just consequences of free will operating under laws or commandments, so good and evil are inherent to free will.

But then, who ultimately determines which is good and evil? In Judeo-Christian world, only God, His will and commandments (laws) are absolute and universal. Therefore whoever follows and adheres to His will and commandments (laws) is doing "good", and whoever transgresses them is doing "bad or evil".

If there are no commandments (laws), how do we determine which is good or evil? We cannot! There is no good or evil if there are no commandments (laws).

So, if there is no God, then there are no commandments (laws), if there are no commandments (laws), then there is no good or evil, a version of the world which the author of this thread and the rest of the atheists in the world can be happy with.

But then, there is GOD! And the authority over the material and the spiritual world is all His, and to that I say Amen.
If there is no God, then there is no world or people in it..so then no one to complain that life is bad or unfair or that God is. God sure does put up with a lot from people who don’t like the way He did/does things and are under the impression that they could do better somehow then God...the ultimate in pride? Is that like telling a shop owner that you could run his business better than he could? Lol!

Karlysymon

Superstar
Does Yin destroy Yang?

No. Yin completes Yang.

Strange that you do not see the perfection of creation.

Regards
DL
Why does Yin need to complete Yang?

Is good insufficient without the presence of evil? I can’t believe you espouse the outrageous thought that we need evil for creation to experience some sort of balance. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised because this is what the modern mythology of evolution teaches.

Let’s imagine the Fall hadn’t happened and the race of Men hadn’t known evil/rebellion. Would your philosophical position of “yin completes yang” still hold?

Come to think of it, if we need evil to balance out good, we should then dispense with the justice system: prisons, courts etc. Evil people shouldn’t be penalized for their efforts at balancing out good.

1572272287492.png

Last edited:
Well the Christian God required his own son as a sacrifice, to die in the most horrible way. I would say that Christianity reaches the markers of a Death cult for that reason.
And witchcraft is also a part of it, with the whole 'I am protected by the blood of Christ' thing. It sounds like black magic to me.

Yes I know this is very unpopular to say and I'll probably be discarded as an anti Christian troll for it, but it's genuinely amazing to me that people don't see how these aspects of Christianity come across to those who don't believe.
Christianity is about self-sacrifice (the giving up of one's own interests or wishes in order to help others or advance a cause), not about sacrificing others. It's this Christian teaching that relieved cults around the world to abandon any sacrificial rituals. It defeated the power of Satan.

Satan demands man to shed the blood of others so he can have eternal life.

Christ shed his own blood to give man eternal life.

This couldn't be more opposite.

Lisa

Superstar
Christianity is about self-sacrifice (the giving up of one's own interests or wishes in order to help others or advance a cause), not about sacrificing others. It's this Christian teaching that relieved cults around the world to abandon any sacrificial rituals. It defeated the power of Satan.

Christ shed his own blood to give man eternal life.

This couldn't be more opposite.
I thought Christianity was about salvation and reconciliation to God?

I agree.

Christians never wants to admit to their pagan roots.

If it had a moral ideology, it would not have had to grow by inquisitions and murder.

It could have convinced by argument if it had a moral ideology.

Regards
DL
Christianity was a revelation. What pagan roots are you talking of?

Christianity is a moral ideology. It is the knowledge of good and evil.

That Christianity grew by inquisition or murder is historically false. If anything Christianity grew in spite of inquisition and murder that Christians suffered themselves.

Depending upon which English translation one uses, the Bible, Prophet Isaiah (45:7) in particular, does not say that. In fact, he says quite the opposite, thus proving, to me, that your spiritual instincts are accurate:

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things."

(KJV)​

Be wary of the Judaizers. That is Torah.

The Gospel says:

Luke 6:43-44

For there is no good tree that bringeth forth evil fruit; nor an evil tree that bringeth forth good fruit. For every tree is known by its fruit.

Luke 18:19

None is good but God alone.

1 John 1:15

This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.

Serveto

Star
Be wary of the Judaizers. That is Torah.

The Gospel says:

Luke 6:43-44

For there is no good tree that bringeth forth evil fruit; nor an evil tree that bringeth forth good fruit. For every tree is known by its fruit.

Luke 18:19

None is good but God alone.

1 John 1:15

This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
Welcome back. That is Torah, or more specifically one of the prophets, but it is also appended to the New Testament, however seemingly incongruously, at times, and is thus part of and helps comprise what is more universally called the "Bible." Keeping your warning in mind, and since the days of Marcion, he or she is a wise Christian indeed who knows just where the so called Judaizing ends and Christianity proper begins.:)

With the risk of re-appearing as the forum's veteran dead horse flogger, I feel this is a necessary emphasis to distinguish the new and old testamentary concepts of God. The Christian concept of the divine is more Greek than Hebrew. Christians need to think more Plato and Aristotle and less Moses and Isaiah to start seeing the distortion for what it is.

God's creation were good in the beginning.
That would include the talking serpent and Satan who already existed.

Have you created any offspring?

As children of god, we are to do exactly what we humans try to do.

Produce children that are better than their parents.

You would slave yourself to a god instead of taking that genocidal prick you adore and making the S O B more moral.

You are a disgrace to the human race.

Regards
DL

Why does Yin need to complete Yang?

Is good insufficient without the presence of evil? I can’t believe you espouse the outrageous thought that we need evil for creation to experience some sort of balance. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised because this is what the modern mythology of evolution teaches.

Let’s imagine the Fall hadn’t happened and the race of Men hadn’t known evil/rebellion. Would your philosophical position of “yin completes yang” still hold?

Come to think of it, if we need evil to balance out good, we should then dispense with the justice system: prisons, courts etc. Evil people shouldn’t be penalized for their efforts at balancing out good.

View attachment 26901
Good, as a description, is nothing and meaningless without knowing what it is being compared to.

Strange that you do not like that evolution teaches exactly what I do.
Do you not think evolution is working well?

Yes my position on Yin completing Yang holds even if A & E had not eaten of knowledge. If they had not, they would have remained as bright as bricks and too stupid to even reproduce.

That may be why Christians sing of Adam’s sin being a happy fault and necessary to god’s plan.

Would you have A & E not sin and derail god’s plan?

Regards
DL

Christianity was a revelation. What pagan roots are you talking of?

Christianity is a moral ideology. It is the knowledge of good and evil.

That Christianity grew by inquisition or murder is historically false. If anything Christianity grew in spite of inquisition and murder that Christians suffered themselves.

Moral ideologies do not get their morals from a genocidal garbage god.

Care to discuss the immoral ideology you follow, which includes homophobia and misogyny?

Regards
DL