Blood moon. The moon as a whole.

Arjibarjoe

Rookie
I would like the hear peoples views, thoughts , opinions on the relevance of the blood moon, moon in general in Christianity or other religions.

This would personally help me a great deal in learning a few things and helpme with what I’m currently going through, experiencing and experienced with myself and my faith.

I’m going going in blind and do t know where to begin.
TIA

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Joel 2

30And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood, and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the LORD come.

32And it shall come to pass, thatwhosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Btw - the operative word is “before”. How long before is anyone’s guess but I think the eclipse today is a reminder.

Last edited:

clambot

Veteran
post hoc, ergo propter hoc

Not witchcraft ... plain ol' superstition and a whopper of logical fallacy.

Lalas

Star
Have you seen anywhere on the internet about this blood moon on October 16th to 17th over Moscow.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
A good analysis of the various Bible passages mentioning the sun and moon. Hint - They don’t all appear to be describing the same event…

Line

Established
It’s really funny that’s this topic came out since it somehow «concern me » directly this time around, because well, yesterday when I made YouTube search on anime, I got a suggestion from a DIRECT/LIVE of a YouTube channel, I presume a Tv channel that’s created a account in YouTube kinda like the medias do in France, and it showed an ellipse from…Japan! Ok, I could be wrong, this could be very well not Japanese but another Asian langage… (As soon as I find back the video I’m gonna post it)

Gateway pundit had an article on it, and said trump was also born during one.

The Gateway Pundit reported yesterday on the coincidence that, this morning, on Election Day, we experienced a Blood Moon, a rare total lunar eclipse in which the sun appears a reddish brown color for a couple hours. The Blood Moon began at 3:02am on the east coast (12:02am PST).

According to Newsweek, in ancient Mesopotamia, the Blood Moon was interpreted as an omen for the king.

In ancient Mesopotamia, a lunar eclipse was considered a direct assault on the king. Given their ability to predict an eclipse with reasonable accuracy, they would put in place a proxy king for its duration. Someone considered to be expendable (it was not a popular job,) would pose as the monarch, while the real king would go into hiding and wait for the eclipse to pass. The proxy king would then conveniently disappear, and the old king be reinstated.
The second “long shot” coincidence? President Donald J. Trump was born on June 14, 1946. Yup, you guess it: this day also experienced a Blood Moon!

So when is the next blood moon? March 14th, 2025 (3/14/25), Pi Day, potentially the second full month after President Trump is elected for his second term (if he does in fact announce another run on 11/15/2022).