BLM F&*#kery

Tidal

Star
There are cheaper more effective ways to secure the border then a wall which can be climbed, blows over in the wind, and can be cut through with a bargain basement sawzall.

Think "Delay"..:)
In the past, bad hombres could just waltz across the border like a sunday stroll, but now the wall delays them long enough for the border patrol to spot them on infra-red and move in to turn them back..:)

justjess

Superstar
In the past, bad hombres could just waltz across the border like a sunday stroll, but now the wall delays them long enough for the border patrol to spot them on infra-red and move in to turn them back..:)

Your delusional. THE MAJORITY of the drugs come through existing checkpoints.

Tidal

Star
THE MAJORITY of the drugs come through existing checkpoints.

Drugs are only part of the problem, because border-crossing illegals also do stuff like draining the US economy, doing crime and messing with American women, so the bottom line is that the US would be better off with a wall.
Anyway parts of the border have already been walled off for many years, so the wall idea is nothing new..:)

Tidal

Star
No one ever argued Floyd was innocent. But what he was guilty of wasn’t a capital offense and even if it was cops are not judge jury and executioner.

Here in Britain we don't know what all the fuss is about; Floyd was a career criminal resisting arrest and rocking and rolling under the influence of drugs and his heart simply gave out, accidental death.
Note the urine trail, a symptom of heart failure; hopefully it'll all come out at Chauvin's trial-

rainerann

Star

you’re missing how the open border benefits the us Too. Why don’t you google Cancun Mexico. The us waltzes across the border into Mexico all the time.

This is why many of the people in border states think the wall is stupid. This is demonstrated by a couple of them turning blue in a presidential election year like you have already pointed out.

it is a myth that illegal immigrants drain funds as well. The problem with the budget in most states along the border is a problem because of how the states manage money, not because of funding going towards services for illegal immigrants.

you are repeating propaganda used to create party divisions. You aren’t saying anything that is based on reality.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
Drugs are only part of the problem, because border-crossing illegals also do stuff like draining the US economy, doing crime and messing with American women, so the bottom line is that the US would be better off with a wall.
Anyway parts of the border have already been walled off for many years, so the wall idea is nothing new..:)

Those same people come here on vacation and overstay their trip. Or come through the same entrances the drugs do. No one objects to keeping drugs or illegals out. They object to the massive waste of money a scalable wall is since it won’t solve the issue.

justjess

Superstar
Here in Britain we don't know what all the fuss is about; Floyd was a career criminal resisting arrest and rocking and rolling under the influence of drugs and his heart simply gave out, accidental death.
Note the urine trail, a symptom of heart failure; hopefully it'll all come out at Chauvin's trial-

There in Britain You don’t have to worry about police violence all that much so quite frankly I don’t give a rats ass what someone in Britain who isn’t effected in the slightest has to think about it.

heart failure wouldn’t absolve the officer of wrong doing. Choking someone to death for over eight minutes can cause heart failure and is still murder even if his heart failed. Sorry.

justjess

Superstar
It’s incredible to me that all sides of the political spectrum refuse to even try to start on where we agree On issues to find some compromise That works for everyone.

Want to spend billions on a physical barrier at the border? Fine. Make a natural barrier with renewable energy plants and paint trumps name on it in gold letters. Want “law and order,” cool. Train the officers of that law to root out their own bad seeds and mandate the judicial system hold those bad seeds accountable. Throw Another bone and involve social services or medical services when the nature of the call indicates its need. Everyone wins.

At the end of the day most people want the same thing - a safe stable place to live, an opportunity to thrive, and a desirable world for their descendents to inherit. We disagree about how to get there. There’s nothing admirable about being so hard headed you will dig your heels in, refuse to listen or accommodate others to make a point and allow the country to go to absolute hell in a hand basket on principle or “owning” some group you think your better then.

Tidal

Star
..No one objects to keeping drugs or illegals out. They object to the massive waste of money a scalable wall is since it won’t solve the issue.

Ah, but the border patrol would watch every inch of the wall day and night with high-tech vision devices, and when they see people trying to climb it they'll simply go there and say "Naughty, naughty" and the illegals will skulk off home feeling stupid..:)

Tidal

Star
There in Britain You don’t have to worry about police violence all that much..

Right, over here the Brit police are terrified of blacks, for example I tipped them off about a black drug gang who were selling drugs to the kids at the school across the road but they did nothing.
Then the gang complained that I was "harassing" them by watching their activities so they complained to the police who swung smoothly into action and arrested ME and I got 3 months in jail in 2002, you couldn't make it up..:)

threepwood

Rookie
You misquoted me right at the outset: they want people enforcing the law to also be accountable to that same law. This shouldn’t be a contentious position to hold.
You are right.. Sorry. But I also said, this seems to be a juridical question, not an executive one. I heard people say, this "chokehold" is common practice in the US (or at least in some states). So it would have been reasonable to just wait for the outcome of the process.. if there even was even wrong doing or even racism.

No one ever argued Floyd was innocent. But what he was guilty of wasn’t a capital offense and even if it was cops are not judge jury and executioner. There none of those things..
You are right. And thats one of the things, I admire the most about the united states. In Germany, a cop can accuse you for almost anything, and any refusal to comply will give em more (juridical justifiable) reason to enforce their way.
But nonetheless... this special case doesnt seem to be a justifiable reason for protest against anything else! Like I mentioned before... in Germany some refugees protested (or, like the media put id "had a party") against discrimination. It really boggles my mind, how some people can see racism in everything we (western people) do, but arent able to put themselves to the same standards.
You say there is just "fraction" of protest, which became violent.. fine. But would you say, that these violent fractions are lawless radicals, who should be judged for there spark of unrest and put to the same standards, these "stupid mask deniers" are hold up to?

capitalism needs to be regulated or abandoned. Sorry if that offends you. The way our system is right now to few people benefit at the expense of way too many who suffer.
Well..nowadays this seems to be common ground. I'm used to it and dont know how real capitalism would be like. In fact, nobody from the last few decades knows what real capitalism means.
Every huge enterprise, every bank, every tech giant endorses these kinds of restrictions and "regulations". Because they are hurdles for potential competition. But that also makes me wonder... Werent the US a magnet for immigration, because of that? The american way? What happened? Whats the reason, that makes you abandon this way to success? There was a time, where these ideals were the primary export of the west. This idea, this cultural thing, called individualism. Do you really believe, that russia and china were right, all the way?

I don’t understand how you can attribute police brutality to a judicial problem. Please explain.
Well.. thats pretty straightforward, if the perpetrators dont have to fear consequences, they will behave like "apes in the jungle". It is pretty common, that official functionaries often get away with their crimes. You might take Trump as an example. But I guess, by the same standards, you would get Obama and the Clintons as much as likely.
I believe the last such incident was Rodney King in 1992, which sparked huge protest, just one year after the event occured and the judgement was made. This time, there is outrage without any investigation. Why is that?

Ipeople have been complaining about those structural issues for a very long time, way before trump got the idea to enter politics. No one is blaming him solely or is stupid enough to not realize these issues are long standing. He is being held to account for his contributions only, you’d know that if you turned off the talking heads on tv and actually asked someone.
For slavery? For racism? What did I miss?
I live in germany, and although we are very, very very progressive on such matters, the same narratives are being pressured through our press (and TV, supposably - I stopped watching TV a few years ago). And all of a sudden traffic lights are racist, and everything we believe is a lie... you know, if they said, we (the still white majority) held some prejudices here and there, which should be overcome.. i would be fine with it. But, as this gay writer Douglas Murray put it: They dont want to take part in our society anymore, they want to create a new one.

Best regrads,
Threepwood

justjess

Superstar
Right, over here the Brit police are terrified of blacks, for example I tipped them off about a black drug gang who were selling drugs to the kids at the school across the road but they did nothing.
Then the gang complained that I was "harassing" them by watching their activities so they complained to the police who swung smoothly into action and arrested ME and I got 3 months in jail in 2002, you couldn't make it up..:)
The cops do nothing when you provide them copious intel on drug dealers HERE too. They just also might kill you

justjess

Superstar
@justjess
Yeah~ what's up with that?!
I concur, seems to be a problem, for sure...
They are either paid off directly or indirectly to do nothing. I literally handed the 73rd precinct a database with dozens of drug dealers, addresses, aliases, license plates, phone numbers, drop spots... nothing. They are all still out there doing what they do and weren’t even jammed up for a second.

the 73rd precinct was just disbanded as a reaction to these protests btw, so silver lining. Though it says they are all just being reassigned to different units do not sure if it even is a silver lining at all.

justjess

Superstar
You are right.. Sorry. But I also said, this seems to be a juridical question, not an executive one. I heard people say, this "chokehold" is common practice in the US (or at least in some states). So it would have been reasonable to just wait for the outcome of the process.. if there even was even wrong doing or even racism.

You are right. And thats one of the things, I admire the most about the united states. In Germany, a cop can accuse you for almost anything, and any refusal to comply will give em more (juridical justifiable) reason to enforce their way.
But nonetheless... this special case doesnt seem to be a justifiable reason for protest against anything else! Like I mentioned before... in Germany some refugees protested (or, like the media put id "had a party") against discrimination. It really boggles my mind, how some people can see racism in everything we (western people) do, but arent able to put themselves to the same standards.
You say there is just "fraction" of protest, which became violent.. fine. But would you say, that these violent fractions are lawless radicals, who should be judged for there spark of unrest and put to the same standards, these "stupid mask deniers" are hold up to?

Well..nowadays this seems to be common ground. I'm used to it and dont know how real capitalism would be like. In fact, nobody from the last few decades knows what real capitalism means.
Every huge enterprise, every bank, every tech giant endorses these kinds of restrictions and "regulations". Because they are hurdles for potential competition. But that also makes me wonder... Werent the US a magnet for immigration, because of that? The american way? What happened? Whats the reason, that makes you abandon this way to success? There was a time, where these ideals were the primary export of the west. This idea, this cultural thing, called individualism. Do you really believe, that russia and china were right, all the way?

Well.. thats pretty straightforward, if the perpetrators dont have to fear consequences, they will behave like "apes in the jungle". It is pretty common, that official functionaries often get away with their crimes. You might take Trump as an example. But I guess, by the same standards, you would get Obama and the Clintons as much as likely.
I believe the last such incident was Rodney King in 1992, which sparked huge protest, just one year after the event occured and the judgement was made. This time, there is outrage without any investigation. Why is that?

For slavery? For racism? What did I miss?
I live in germany, and although we are very, very very progressive on such matters, the same narratives are being pressured through our press (and TV, supposably - I stopped watching TV a few years ago). And all of a sudden traffic lights are racist, and everything we believe is a lie... you know, if they said, we (the still white majority) held some prejudices here and there, which should be overcome.. i would be fine with it. But, as this gay writer Douglas Murray put it: They dont want to take part in our society anymore, they want to create a new one.

Best regrads,
Threepwood
There are lots of things that are technically legal or “common practice” that are just wrong. Laws change all the time as a reflection of this. Child marriage is technically legal in places, it is definately wrong. So is crushing someone’s neck for eight minutes while they are handcuffed and pose no physical threat. The fact that something so clearly wrong is common practice in some places is why you ended up with riots and protests.

this one case wasn’t the reason for the protests. It was just one more reason on a list of reasons. Focusing on this one case is a way to obscure from the bigger picture.

Restrictions and regulations come in many many forms. Not all of them hurt small business.

there was a time when that worked, yes. The system has been completely and entirely rigged now and it isn’t because of mediocre no teeth regulations. It’s because there’s no taxes and tax loopholes and corporate bailouts.. and a legal system that treats corporations like people, but people like property.

trump is on video giving speeches encouraging police to rough up (aka brutalize) suspects way before the protests ever happened.

because the whole incident was videotaped and the footage widely disseminated. We didn’t have camera phones in 1992.

see the trumped thread. Not going to sit here all night and regurgitate. No ones blaming him for slavery or the existence of racism. He is being blamed for exploiting racism and fanning flames among a lot of other things based solely on his own words and actions. As are many many others.

you’re missing how the open border benefits the us Too. Why don’t you google Cancun Mexico. The us waltzes across the border into Mexico all the time.

This is why many of the people in border states think the wall is stupid. This is demonstrated by a couple of them turning blue in a presidential election year like you have already pointed out.

it is a myth that illegal immigrants drain funds as well. The problem with the budget in most states along the border is a problem because of how the states manage money, not because of funding going towards services for illegal immigrants.

you are repeating propaganda used to create party divisions. You aren’t saying anything that is based on reality.
Open borders undermine the social, cultural, economic and ethnic sovereignty of nations. They are a disaster.

Last edited:

rainerann

Star
Open borders undermine the social, cultural, economic and ethnic sovereignty of nations. They are a disaster.
My culture has been defined by open borders outside of the fact that there are several states with a lot of Mexican in them already. Ever hear of los Angelas. What language do you suppose that is?

I am American. I grew up going to class with first generation immigrants from many different countries my whole life. It has never seemed like that much of a disaster to me, but a lot of people do like to talk bad on American culture in general.

to me, American culture is something that is somewhat undefined. It is like being able to write a new story as a nation. This is what I think happens where there is freedom.

I know it might be hard to understand, but when you live together with people, you become a culture together and write a shared history regardless of where you come from? It is only difficult when people are unable to let go of things that don’t matter and won’t be lost if you stop fighting about them.

im thinking my culture is what you claim you reject for some reason. What do you suggest I do with it since it already is this way? It kind of feels like the ship has already sailed on the whole prevention of blended cultures. I’m almost 40 at this point.

Last edited:

rainerann

Star
Well why are they labelled "illegal"?.. ;)
in America, there are a lot of first generation immigrants who come here to work and send money back to their countries that they came from. considering this, it is not hard to imagine that many countries would also be trying to cross the border illegally if they were at our border.

I can’t fault the Mexicans for trying to take make the most of their geographic advantage. I have some understanding of what I should be grateful for as an American because of it and I would rather send money to Mexico to help their country considering this, than spend so much of it on military.

I do think food and clean water are more important things we should be spending money on anyway, and I have no real problem with people trying to come work here even if they are illegal.

You might understand why I feel this way even more if you could really understand how badly our tax dollars are managed. Illegal immigrants don’t hurt us financially. The politicians and their special interests are the ones who would run us into the ground if they could.

Maes17

Superstar
My biggest gripe is the "illegal" part.
I'm ok with helping humanity. I don't think people should starve and die because some Jillionaire needs another private jet.... :rolleyes:

ETA:
Any and ALL illegality applies to this....not specifying only immigrants.
Rulemakers can also afford to be rulebreakers?!
Not right. :mad:
I’m on the fence with this.

People who work and pay taxes get cheated some form or fashion. That’s where I feel the dislike for illegals come from. Some do come here to do the right thing. Some come and cheat the system.

Maes17

Superstar
@Maes17
I understand what you mean and have turned the other cheek, but between the top guys exploiting the lower class/working class to profit, and the already struggling citizens having to compete with others willing to work for less/yet have access to benefits that the welfare system provides it creates an extremely slippery slope...
As I said, I do not approve of suffering by any means but to establish residency somewhere without going the proper channels/process/naturalization it creates an open free for all mentality where laws are only deemed as symbolic ideas...
This is not only in the US, but would apply to any country that an individual was not a natural born citizen of.
Why are *some* allowed and not others?
Which is why I always abide by the live and let be.
If you’re not harming others and doing your thing. That’s all that’s needed to make the world go round.