Blackout Catastrophe - 11.59? - The Economist, Matrix, Simpsons and Others

My opinion is that, the reason these movies or series exist,is because people pay to watch them. The vast majority of humanity is stuck in front of a TV set to watch the latest Netflix torture-of -the-mind crap. One good step ahead is to throw your TV sets out of the window. Another one is to never spend money again in watching a movie on the big screen. Another step is to take some day offs from your smartphone during the week. Remember, you are smarter than your smartphone.
Not everyone has friends. Not everyone is that lucky. The environment you are in can be really hopeless. Even if it doesn't help, technology is filling your time.

Not everyone has friends. Not everyone is that lucky. The environment you are in can be really hopeless. Even if it doesn't help, technology is filling your time.
Agreed. Some of us are kinda lonely or just don't have many friends because it's hard pressed to find people who know what's going on in the world. I see posts like this alot, telling people not to do this or that. It's hard when we are brought up this way, and, just as you said, we don't have many friends so this tech is filling our time. If we are aware of what's going on, and keep to maybe some cleaner entertaiment if we can, that should be enough. Thanks for this!

Diogenes

Established
I'm afraid I have to disagree. If a person is like you have described,then their attachment and -almost- faithfulness to technology will only make them more lonelier ,more detached from reality. And I wrote mainly about all these stupid shows on Netflix or on other platforms. Pure loss of time. And they look so depressing, no-one smiles, everyone is mean, there's no hope...now, that's what I call mind control.

Diogenes

Established
Why throw your TV out the window when you can use it to listen to music and for a computer monitor and video games and watch good movies from a hard drive?
I meant this in a metaphorical way, like put TV watching out of your life. Nothing positive about manipulation through TV . And loss of precious personal time.

Diogenes

Established
Agreed. Some of us are kinda lonely or just don't have many friends because it's hard pressed to find people who know what's going on in the world. I see posts like this alot, telling people not to do this or that. It's hard when we are brought up this way, and, just as you said, we don't have many friends so this tech is filling our time. If we are aware of what's going on, and keep to maybe some cleaner entertaiment if we can, that should be enough. Thanks for this!
But I thought we are on VC, that's why I wrote this. I thought that the readers here could understand exactly what I mean. Mind you, loneliness is a state of mind. It can prove really creative in unexpected ways.

But I thought we are on VC, that's why I wrote this. I thought that the readers here could understand exactly what I mean. Mind you, loneliness is a state of mind. It can prove really creative in unexpected ways.
Whoever told you it was a state of mind was wrong. It depends on who's in your life and who isn't, and who listens and who doesn't. It goes farther than people think. As far as being on VC goes, yeah you can mention these things, but not everyone is gonna agree.

People can be manipulated by books too maybe even worse.
Yeah, makes sense, realizing alot of books being published can easily be manipulated and used as propaganda, as well. I feel any newer book store will always carry alot of brainwashing type books, especially the ones full out on display when walking in. A good example would be all the LGBT books.

Britons should stock up on torches and candles in case of power cuts, says Dowden
Analogue advice given by deputy PM alongside measures to better prepare UK for future pandemics, disasters and cyber-attacks