BLACK MAN SHOT 20X BY POLICE - STEPHON CLARKE

SkepticCat

Veteran
Etagloc, I for one will not 'attack' you just for linking a video... :)

Without having checked the video I beforehand question the relevance of this video and thread, however. They're faking everything so this may not be real and on top of that thousands of people get brutally murdered and molested every day so how is this case particularly relevant? Millions of children allegedly going missing every year ending up in SRA. This is the truth: the world is such a mess now even something horrible like this can't raise any eyebrows. We need to clean up... I focus my efforts on waking people up instead - without that nothing will change (it will presumably only get worse).

Truth or Consequences...

Violette

Star
Given the context of America’s history with racism, race does matter. However, I don’t think people are as racist as the media would lead us to believe though. They just want to cause more divide. Police officers kill citizens at an alarming rate in general. They protect and serve the law, not us. They have zero obligation to protect people.

Etagloc

Superstar
I don't understand the impulse to minimize this sort of thing. If you're not someone who has experienced being targeted by the police, if you are not concerned I guess that is up to you. But I am concerned by this sort of thing and I don't get why people try to minimize this sort of thing.

Etagloc

Superstar
Given the context of America’s history with racism, race does matter. However, I don’t think people are as racist as the media would lead us to believe though. They just want to cause more divide. Police officers kill citizens at an alarming rate in general. They protect and serve the law, not us. They have zero obligation to protect people.
Honestly, I don't really care if people are racist. To me, racist is someone thinking negatively about a race of people. If someone thinks negatively about x race of people, I don't really care.

My problem is the police terrorizing people. My problem is stuff like... I remember walking with this 8-year-old kid. I think he was someone's nephew or something. I remember me and a friend had to take him to a school function. I forget where his mom was. Anyways, I'm friends with the family and we take him to his school function. We walk back and we happen to see the police and this little boy gets scared. This little 8 year old boy looks up at me and I can see he's scared half to death of these police and he's telling me how scared he is.

I could go on and on with examples. But I knew the kid, I'm friends with the family and that's something that really bothers me. The kid happened to be black but that's not particularly important to me. Race is not a big deal to me. Whether he was white or whatever it would be a problem.

The thing is... if an 8-year-old boy, regardless of whatever color or whatever- if he sees the police, he should feel protected and safe- knowing they're there to protect him. A little 8 year old kid shouldn't have to see them and feel scared.

I mean that's just one example. I could go on and on. I could talk about when I myself got targeted when I was walking down the street minding my business.

My thing is... I should be able to walk down the street, see the police and not have to feel concerned.

The whole paranoia of the police that exists with certain neighborhoods and communities... it's not just people hallucinating. There's reasons why people are paranoid of them. You probably know.

And my thing is... the United States is becoming more and more of a police state. It's only getting worse.

And as it becomes more of a police state- I think black men will be the most targeted group. But... it's not like only black men will have to worry about the police. They'll go after all races and genders.

So to me... I have an issue with police going around and terrorizing people, police not being held accountable, the development of a police state, etc. And police state is a relevant issue for everyone. It's not like they won't go after white people or anything like that. If we sit back and say "well, it's not my problem"... if the problem grows, it could end up being everyone's problem. And I'm thinking the US is moving more towards fascism, so I'm expecting this sort of thing to grow. Black men will probably be some of the most targeted sure but it potentially could end up impacting everyone. It's not like police state apparatus won't get turned against everyone.

So I post this sort of thread out of frustration with police targeting minorities and out of frustration with the growth of a police state. If the minorities angle is not that important to people (and I don't mean you Violette, as I assume you're sensitive to such issues)- the police state aspect should be. That can affect everyone. So whatever our background... it's in our interest to be concerned with out of control cops.

And as for the thread title... that's just the title from the video. I would be disturbed no matter what the person's skin tone was... if I understand correctly, this dude got shot 20 times for no justifiable reason. Bullets don't discriminate.

Etagloc

Superstar
That being said- there are good cops out there. I met some really cool cops who wished me well on my birthday last year and they were really cool people. So I definitely don't think all cops are evil or anything like that. You have the out of control police who do messed up stuff and it makes all the police get seen as bad when there are police who are genuinely decent people. I seriously appreciate the ones who were cool to me on my birthday. That made me feel a lot better about the police.

Aero

Superstar
I saw the infrared footage and I am deeply concerned. Because from that vantage point, it definitely didn't look like how police are supposed to behave. So the rest of the evidence is probably much worse. I agree that this is a humanity issue. The scenario could play out with anyone. You could be a blonde woman from Australia and get gunned down for no reason by an American cop.

Ever heard of Swatting? Well to me that phenomenon is a microcosm of the larger issue. All you have to do is come up with a frightening story, and sell it with some conviction to a 911 operator. The fear created will than spiral or boil over and someone can very easily get shot in the head. I think that no matter how you analyze this, we just look stupid.

The issue of race and policing also has to do with fear. Adult cops are transferring their fear to children. And do that I say, if you are that afraid don't be a cop. A kid has no other choice but to be a kid. If we don't have honest conversations about psychology, than isn't talking it out kind of pointless? That's why I'm a big proponent of direct action.

Well the sad part is that black people don seem to want to take things into their own hands and police themselves. To me, thats the next logical step if they believe that the police are after them. Which to me, it seems they are. Of course this was tried before with the black panthers and they got dismantled/killed/jailed/exiled but still the point stands.

I also dont think the elite can "divide" that which was already divided. There has NEVER been a time where everyone in the US was united under one banner.

Etagloc

Superstar
Well the sad part is that black people don seem to want to take things into their own hands and police themselves. To me, thats the next logical step if they believe that the police are after them. Which to me, it seems they are. Of course this was tried before with the black panthers and they got dismantled/killed/jailed/exiled but still the point stands.

I also dont think the elite can "divide" that which was already divided. There has NEVER been a time where everyone in the US was united under one banner.
I know people who knew the Black Panthers. I've been to Oakland. I know people in the projects in Oakland. I have a lot of respect for the Black Panthers.

The Panthers were Maoists. They were following a Marxist-Leninist-Maoist line.

I have a lot of sadness for what happened to them. They were not bad people. They were brave people trying to defend their community.

And they were right to do so.

As I see it, the tragedy is two-fold. One side of it is the unjust persecution and murder that they were subject to. By murder I refer to Fred Hampton's murder as well as others. The persecution includes the government doing MK-ULTRA mind control programming on Huey when he was in prison. He came out a different person. He was under MK-ULTRA. There is a lot that is covered up to this day.

They gave breakfasts to needy school-children. They provided medical care to people who lacked access to medical care. They were infiltrated. Eldridge Cleaver as I believe is common knowledge was working for the government. He seems slimy.

The second thing... I believe in them and I believe in what they were trying to do.

However... when people need a revolution.... people run out towards revolution without having the right ideology. I mean if people have their backs against the wall and react- as they rightfully must... it might be hard for them to sit back and think. It might be hard for them to sit back and arrive at the correct ideology.

The world needs people with that sort of spirit. However- there were fatal weaknesses in their ideology. Fatal tactical errors as well. I'll leave it at that.

I know people who knew the Black Panthers. I've been to Oakland. I know people in the projects in Oakland. I have a lot of respect for the Black Panthers.

The Panthers were Maoists. They were following a Marxist-Leninist-Maoist line.

I have a lot of sadness for what happened to them. They were not bad people. They were brave people trying to defend their community.

And they were right to do so.

As I see it, the tragedy is two-fold. One side of it is the unjust persecution and murder that they were subject to. By murder I refer to Fred Hampton's murder as well as others. The persecution includes the government doing MK-ULTRA mind control programming on Huey when he was in prison. He came out a different person. He was under MK-ULTRA. There is a lot that is covered up to this day.

They gave breakfasts to needy school-children. They provided medical care to people who lacked access to medical care. They were infiltrated. Eldridge Cleaver as I believe is common knowledge was working for the government. He seems slimy.

The second thing... I believe in them and I believe in what they were trying to do.

However... when people need a revolution.... people run out towards revolution without having the right ideology. I mean if people have their backs against the wall and react- as they rightfully must... it might be hard for them to sit back and think. It might be hard for them to sit back and arrive at the correct ideology.

The world needs people with that sort of spirit. However- there were fatal weaknesses in their ideology. Fatal tactical errors as well. I'll leave it at that.
Well I like some of the actions the BP's took like the medical care or free breakfast/bus rides. But the communism link is what made me back off championing the movement as a whole. I personally just dont trust the ideology.

What change did you notice in Huey after jail?

Maes17

Superstar
That being said- there are good cops out there. I met some really cool cops who wished me well on my birthday last year and they were really cool people. So I definitely don't think all cops are evil or anything like that. You have the out of control police who do messed up stuff and it makes all the police get seen as bad when there are police who are genuinely decent people. I seriously appreciate the ones who were cool to me on my birthday. That made me feel a lot better about the police.
There are a lot of good cops and the bad ones do set the unnecessary image.

I understand police see a lot of nasty stuff throughout their career.
My uncle was a county cop and he's seen a dead teenage body on a respond call.

Minorities and I'm one.
I knowledge that my area and stuff has a rep for gang activity etc.
So that's something reactionary and based on past experiences.

I feel for the innocent who are victims of the shootings.
We do need assess and educate kids on the street culture.

Too many innocent lives get
taken for misunderstandings

Etagloc

Superstar
Well I like some of the actions the BP's took like the medical care or free breakfast/bus rides. But the communism link is what made me back off championing the movement as a whole. I personally just dont trust the ideology.

What change did you notice in Huey after jail?
I'm not really qualified to answer that question.

When you read books on Huey or even his autobiography Revolutionary Suicide... they don't take the MK-Ultra aspect into account.

What you ask is getting at the million-dollar question: who was Huey before and after?

And I wonder the same. I think the place to start if you want to investigate in that direction is the mindcontrolblackassassins blog.

Etagloc

Superstar
Police Cadets Quit, Expose Dept. for Training Cops to View Public as ‘Cockroaches’ They’re at War With
https://thefreethoughtproject.com/police-recruits-quit-program-call-out-dept-training-become-warriors-against-the-public/
If the police are at war with us, I don't get why we can't have some means of holding them accountable. Furthermore, the police are supposed to serve us. I know it's old news but this just further confirms that the people running things really don't care about us regular people. I thank God that some police were kind enough to be friendly and kind to me on my birthday last year. It meant a lot to me. I ran into the police on my birthday and they were really friendly and stopped and just acted friendly and were really nice to me. These small miracles happen all the time and every one is just confirmation that Allah is running things. I don't understand how people can still believe in the purely materialistic conception of reality. I have had bad experiences with the police. And one day out of nowhere the police come up to me and treat me like their buddy and just come and say nice things to me and act really friendly and actually make my day brighter and I was happy to run into them. I hope I never forget those police- insha'Allah. In just a few minutes, they showed me a side of the police that I wasn't aware of. They came up and they really were friends to me- not "at war with me". And this just happened to be on my birthday. And they had no way of knowing it was my birthday. All these small "coincidental" things just show that there is more in this world that what we can see.

Kung Fu

Superstar

Jews in parts of the West have their own security, hospitals, shops, schools, laws, customs, and etc. and no one says anything but when blacks and or any other group of people want to setup something similar they're shut down real quick either by the government or its people.

Last edited:

pumkinspice

Established
I always wonder why when these things happen, people say "its a humanity issue" and not a "race issue". Why can't it be both? It seems people can acknowledge that racism is a part of American history but are afraid to confront the reality it exists today. Nowadays people love to point out the "reverse-racism" which is total bull (total projecting and dismissing racism on one side but not the other)..of course, some black people hate white people, though their anger is misguided, it's passionately felt when they learn history they were never taught in schools, thus never had a chance to really deal with the emotions until now. Add in the media and you have a mess, on both sides of the spectrum.

Whether these events are staged or not, I think the public is being tested and provoked either way.

mecca

Superstar
Furthermore, the police are supposed to serve us.
Technically their only job is to enforce the law. The supreme court ruled that the police have no obligation to protect people. The laws are written by the rich elite and they protect their own interests, so the police were never really meant to be for the people.