Black Lives Matter should be avoided by Christians.

phipps

Star
You say Christian's should not support BLM.

BLM is 2 things which you cannot seem to distinguish.

1. An organization
2. A movement

The organization itself is only a tiny part of the movement.

Like I said before, the people protesting are not protesting "to support" Alice Garza and her fellow founders along with their sexual beliefs.

They are protesting to bring awareness to systemic racism. This actually has absolutely nothing to do with Alice Garza or even the ORGANIZATION BLM.

BLM the organization is not responsible, nor is it even connected really to the wider movement other than the fact they made up a catchy phrase.

I'll give you an example. In my city there was a massive BLM protest. (BLM the movement not the organization) This protest wasn't even organized by BLM (the organization) but by a guy who raised awareness through social media. The guy is not a part of BLM (the organization) and there is a local BLM chapter in my city.

So there you have it, that protest literally had nothing to do with the BLM organization. Do you still advise Christian's to stay away ?

You see you can actually support the movement without supporting the organization. Protesting does not somehow make you a card carrying BLM member who has to engage in gay sex.

If you cannot see the difference between a movement which seeks racial justice (a movement which has been around long before BLM, but BLM did the good work of bringing that movement to prominence) and a specific organization which literally has no control over the wider movement, then I think you are being completely disingenuous and are pushing an agenda.
If a Christian knows all the principles of BLM, they should stay away completely from it. This is in line with Bible teaching. What you're posting isn't. Goodbye.

Last edited:
Na you just another of these reactionary clowns trying to discredit people fighting for racial justice, and hiding cowardly behind some fake religion. Transparent as hell.

Aero

Superstar
Using different wording doesn't mean I have changed my stance. This is nit picking over useless details. Let me make myself absolutely clear then. Christians should not support BLM, they should avoid them and call upon fellow Christians to do the same by using the Bible to explain why. I haven't avoided anything and you know that nor have I placed myself in a bubble. You're reaching here lol!
How am I nitpicking? You asked why I thought you were promoting life in the Christian bubble and I answered. It's literally what your words mean.

Yes, I am advocating against BLM, isn't that obvious? Christians should steer clear of BLM because there is nothing Christian about it clearly. In fact they oppose Christian principles. MY notions about God are most definitely not vague that's for sure. If you'd read anything else I'd posted here you'd know that.
Yes, you are advocating against an organization that promotes inclusivity and communities working together. All because they don't reject the gays. In essence, you betray Christ's teaching to support some vague Old Testament lines.

You're wrong. Once we start compromising where does it end? We can't serve two masters. Do you think Jesus would protest and march with BLM? Would He align Himself with a movement who part of their core principles oppose the Word of God? His Word? I will follow Jesus' example.

I hope this is not too vague for you!
So if you compromise it's a slippery slope that leads to anarchy? LOL, you make it sound like you are appeasing Hitler here. Either way, the slippery slope fallacy is not impressive.

Nobody said to serve two masters. My point has simply been Jesus did community outreach. Therefore it's incredibly disingenuous when you say you're following Jesus example. It's more like you and other Christians just abuse the Bible in order to pass off a judgment. The same type of judgment Jesus said not to do.

phipps

Star
@Aero,

How am I nitpicking? You asked why I thought you were promoting life in the Christian bubble and I answered. It's literally what your words mean.
When I said you were nit picking it was about how you accused me of using the word "support" in one post and not "avoid" like I did in my Op. That was useless nit picking. Who says we have to use exactly the same words to make a point? Where did these rules come from? I live in the real world as a Christian which is not easy believe me, and I am not living in a bubble except in your mind.

Yes, you are advocating against an organization that promotes inclusivity and communities working together. All because they don't reject the gays. In essence, you betray Christ's teaching to support some vague Old Testament lines.
I can do that. I am allowed you know. You make it sound like I have sinned for advocating against BLM. I am advocating for Christians not to compromise their beliefs by supporting a movement that promotes sin. We are not perfect and we have all sinned but if I steal or murder that doesn't mean its okay to promote those things. It is wrong when I or someone else does them.

You do know Jesus is the God of the Old Testament right? And that He is the God of the entire Bible? The Bible tells us no one has seen or heard the Father. Every time God communicated with anyone in the Bible it was with Jesus Christ. And it is God that gave us the Bible through the Holy Spirit. And the Bible harmonises and does not contradict itself. So therefore, if homosexuality is a sin in the Old Testament, it is a sin in the New Testament too. So its you who is ignoring Christ's teaching.

"For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due" (Romans 1:26-27).

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God" (1 Corinthians 6:9-11).

"But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully, knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust" (1 Timothy 1:8-11).

Christ does not advocate LGBT lifestyles at all nor would He compromise with anyone advocating them. He would be honest and tell them outrightly that they were wrong but they can repent and be saved by Him. The only sexual relationship that Jesus advocates is in marriage between a man and a woman. Any sexual relationship outside of a heterosexual marriage is a sin.

The only inclusiveness I advocate is the Christian one. Where Jesus invites us all to come to Him, accept Him as our personal Saviour and obey His will. He does not invite us to continue in our sins and that includes homosexuality.

So if you compromise it's a slippery slope that leads to anarchy? LOL, you make it sound like you are appeasing Hitler here. Either way, the slippery slope fallacy is not impressive.
Compromising is a slippery slope according to the Bible. It will lead to us losing our lives eternally. To being cut off from Christ forever. It is wrong to sit at the table with people who you know to promote sinful living that is against the Word of God no matter what you may have in common with them. A Christian can teach them about God's love and tell them what it means to repent and accept Christ as their personal saviour but hanging out with them, being pally with them and pushing their agenda which includes politics that is against what you believe, is wrong.

Nobody said to serve two masters. My point has simply been Jesus did community outreach. Therefore it's incredibly disingenuous when you say you're following Jesus example. It's more like you and other Christians just abuse the Bible in order to pass off a judgment. The same type of judgment Jesus said not to do.
Yes Jesus did community outreach but not once did He promote any sin, principles against His own Word and the breaking of the law that He gave us Himself. For example when they brought Him the prostitute who'd been caught red handed, He told her, "go and sin no more". Jesus does not save people in their sin, He saves them from their sin. There are conditions to being saved in the Bible and Jesus made that clear. We have to repent, be baptised and obey Him. A wealthy young man asked Jesus how he could receive eternal life. Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” (Matthew 19:16). Jesus responded, “If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments (Matthew 19:17). You are the one who has gravely misunderstood Christ and are the one abusing the Bible. I am telling you the truth.

And btw speaking the truth is not judging people. Jesus and the apostles spoke the truth and the world did not like it and killed them. True Christians who speak the truth are always in the minority even biblically. People don't like to be told they are wrong and they should change their ways. Jesus said, "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it" (Matthew 7:13-14). Did you know that the majority of people are not going to be saved? This is according to the Bible. Because most compromise and prefer to hear a diluted gospel. Then when Jesus returns they will be baffled as to why they aren't in heaven. Jesus will tell them, " ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ " (Matthew 7:21-23).

I will end with this, it is Satan's tactic to combine good sentiments with evil so that sin doesn't look so bad. He makes people think they can pick and choose what sins are acceptable and what aren't. All sin is abominable to God biblically and Christians should flee from it. "There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 16:25).

Goodbye.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
Close Your Mind to Conformity

When it comes to compromising the Word of God, don’t have an open mind. You’re going to be called a conservative extremist for not accepting the standards of the world. But don’t be intimidated when you are accused of being “close-minded.” It is good to be closed minded regarding the commandments of God.

The devil is setting up the church in the last days by preaching a message of unity through compromise. Little by little, he’s softening up our resolve, encouraging us to make little concessions and compromises so that when that big test comes, he has us where he wants us.

Read Daniel 3 and bear with my loose paraphrase. Nebuchadnezzar said to Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, “So you didn’t bow down? I’ll tell you what: I don’t want to lose you; you’re good workers. I’ll give you another chance and have the band play the music one more time. Perhaps you just want a little different song? But when you hear the sound, you need to bow down.”

But the three young Hebrews resolutely told the king he need not waste his time on them. “O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up” (Daniel 3:16-19). They didn’t negotiate, even when the devil tried to engage them. The devil would rather have you die after you’ve disobeyed than die a martyr and be a victorious example. But if you die in this world upholding the Word, you will live in the next. So today we need to be faithful in that which is least. We may not think the little tests we face now are a matter of life and death, but if we can’t learn arithmetic with pennies, we will never understand it with dollars. If we compromise and conform now in the little things with no death threat hanging over our heads, what are we likely to do when we are threatened with imprisonment or death?

Aero

Superstar
When I said you were not picking it was about how you accused me of using the word "support" in one post and not "avoid" like I did in my Op. That was useless nit picking. Who says we have to use exactly the same words to make a point? Where did these rules come from? I live in the real world as a Christian which is not easy believe me, and I am not living in a bubble except in your mind.
It wasn't an accusation. It was the truth. And it's not nitpicking to gauge if someone is moving the goalposts. Either way, your argument for avoidance is the same strategy America is using against Covid-19. Basically it's promoting life in a bubble. And again, not an accusation or judgment, just the truth.

I can do that. I am allowed you know. You make it sound like I have sinned for advocating against BLM. I am advocating for Christians not to compromise their beliefs by supporting a movement that promotes sin. We are not perfect and we have all sinned but if I steal or murder that doesn't mean I its okay to promote those things. It is wrong when I or someone else does them.

You do know Jesus is the God of the Old Testament right? And that He is the God of the entire Bible? The Bible tells us no one has seen or heard the Father. Every time God communicated with anyone in the Bible it was with Jesus Christ. And it is God that gave us the Bible through the Holy Spirit. And the Bible harmonises and does not contradict itself. So therefore, if homosexuality is a sin in the Old Testament, it is a sin in the New Testament too. So its you who is ignoring Christ's teaching.

"For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due" (Romans 1:26-27).

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God" (1 Corinthians 6:9-11).

"But we know that the law is good if one uses it lawfully, knowing this: that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine, according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God which was committed to my trust" (1 Timothy 1:8-11).

Christ does not advocate LGBT lifestyles at all not would He compromise with anyone advocating them. He would be honest and tell them outrightly that they were wrong but they can repent and be saved by Him. The only sexual relationship that Jesus advocates is in marriage between a man and a woman. Any sexual relationship outside of a heterosexual marriage is a sin. The sin of homosexuality is written of in the New Testament too. Here are few verses. Its not some vague Old testament line that is for sure.

The only inclusiveness I advocate is the Christian one. Where Jesus invites us all to come to Him, accept Him as our personal Saviour and obey His will. He does not invite us to continue in our sins and that includes homosexuality.
Fair enough, I agree the Bible calls homosexuality a sin.

None of that has anything to do with promoting the "nuclear family" though. The nuclear family was part of your original argument, and part of my original contention. As such, there's still nothing biblical about the nuclear family. That argument comes from your social-conservative values. Not your Christian values.

If a man and woman marry and create an extended-family type of household, there's nothing sinful about it. Or if a nuclear family breaks apart their mere existence as a broken family isn't sinful either. You are making broad connotations when talking about something specific (homosexuality).

Compromising is a slippery slope according to the Bible. It will lead to us losing our lives eternally. To being cut off from Christ forever. It is wrong to sit at the table with people who you know to promote sinful living that is against the Word of God no matter what you may have in common with them. A Christian can teach them about God's love and tell them what it means to repent and accept Christ as their personal saviour but hanging out with them, being pally with them and pushing their agenda which includes politics that is against what you believe, is wrong.
Yeah, I don't think the Bible says compromise is wrong. And nobody said you have to be pals with anyone. But you can offer them bread from the table and not get immediately smitten by God.

Yes Jesus did community outreach but not once did He promote any sin, principles against His own Word and the breaking of the law that He gave us Himself. For example when they brought Him the prostitute who'd been caught red handed, He told her, "go and sin no more". Jesus does not save people in their sin, He saves them from their sin. There are conditions to being saved in the Bible and Jesus made that clear. We have to repent, be baptised and obey Him. A wealthy young man asked Jesus how he could receive eternal life. Good Teacher, what good thing shall I do that I may have eternal life?” (Matthew 19:16). Jesus responded, “If you want to enter into life, keep the commandments (Matthew 19:17). You are the one who has gravely misunderstood Christ and are the one abusing the Bible. I am telling you the truth.

And btw speaking the truth is not judging people. Jesus and the apostles spoke the truth and the world did not like it and killed them. True Christians who speak the truth are always in the minority even biblically. People don't like to be told they are wrong and that should change their ways. Jesus said, "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it" (Matthew 7:13-14). Did you know that the majority of people are not going to be saved? This is according to the Bible. Because most compromise and prefer to hear a diluted gospel. Then when Jesus returns they will be baffled as to why they aren't in heaven. Jesus will them, " ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’ " (Matthew 7:21-23).

I will end with this, it is Satan's tactic to combine good sentiments with evil so that sin doesn't look so bad. He makes people think they can pick and choose what sins are acceptable and what aren't. All sin is abominable to God biblically and Christians should flee from it. "There is a way that seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death." (Proverbs 16:25).

Goodbye.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that your post isn't an immature judgment being projected. Your trajectory here branches off into different paths though. On one hand, you tout Christians who speak the truth, no matter the cost. Yet you also advocate an avoidance strategy.

I think you should stick with the path of truth. And drop the whole "running away from problems" argument.

phipps

Star
It wasn't an accusation. It was the truth. And it's not nitpicking to gauge if someone is moving the goalposts. Either way, your argument for avoidance is the same strategy America is using against Covid-19. Basically it's promoting life in a bubble. And again, not an accusation or judgment, just the truth.

Fair enough, I agree the Bible calls homosexuality a sin.

None of that has anything to do with promoting the "nuclear family" though. The nuclear family was part of your original argument, and part of my original contention. As such, there's still nothing biblical about the nuclear family. That argument comes from your social-conservative values. Not your Christian values.

If a man and woman marry and create an extended-family type of household, there's nothing sinful about it. Or if a nuclear family breaks apart their mere existence as a broken family isn't sinful either. You are making broad connotations when talking about something specific (homosexuality).

Yeah, I don't think the Bible says compromise is wrong. And nobody said you have to be pals with anyone. But you can offer them bread from the table and not get immediately smitten by God.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that your post isn't an immature judgment being projected. Your trajectory here branches off into different paths though. On one hand, you tout Christians who speak the truth, no matter the cost. Yet you also advocate an avoidance strategy.

I think you should stick with the path of truth. And drop the whole "running away from problems" argument.
I'm ending this conversation here because we'll be going round in circles. God bless you but you are wrong! I'll believe God and the Bible over man about spiritual compromise.

1 Kings 18:21, "And Elijah came to all the people, and said, “How long will you falter between two opinions? If the Lord is God, follow Him; but if Baal, follow him.” But the people answered him not a word."

2 Corinthians 6:14,
"Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?"

Last edited:

AlcyoneSong

Established
Many Christians don't know much about BLM. They think “Black Lives Matter” is a slogan and is only about equal treatment, freedom and justice for black people but its more than that. Many Christians are not aware of how the movement began, who founded it and all of its principles.

The BLM movement was started after the shooting of a young Black American Boy Trayvon Martin, in which the shooter George Zimmerman was acquitted in 2013. It was founded by three people, Alicia Garza, Opal Tometi and Patrisse Cullors. You can read more about them on the BLM website. At least two of them, and it could be all three, identify as queer, gay, and/or transexual.

The movement has guiding principles. Here are some of those principles, which reveal a lot about BLM. To read all of them here is a link to their website.

1. We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

2. We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

3. We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

BLM as a movement, clearly states that its goals include disruption of the nuclear family, queer affirming, trans affirming etc. Are these really values that Christians should support? These values are against the Word of God.

As a black person and a Christian, I am against racism, inequality and injustice towards me and my fellow black brothers and sisters and all the other races of people around the world. All people matter to God.

I agree that lives of black people matter but the movement "black lives matter" has values, goals and beliefs that oppose the Word of God. I cannot and will not support such a movement.

Not to mention that BLM is a marxist movement. Here is a video of one of the co-founders of BLM, Patrisse Cullors admitting that they are "trained Marxists".

I am not a political person at all, in fact I hate politics but the little I know about Marxism is that it has no tolerance for Christianity at all.
I agree the movement has been sabotaged and is not what it started out to be. The joke is that it’s the breakdown of the nuclear family that has created the environment in which young black men have become “tribes” and engage in tribal warfare over drug dealing real estate and areas to conduct lucrative business. The generational distrust of law enforcement, systemic racism, and poverty has created a climate ripe for acts of violence and in turn the fuel for racism and prejudice.

phipps

Star
I agree the movement has been sabotaged and is not what it started out to be. The joke is that it’s the breakdown of the nuclear family that has created the environment in which young black men have become “tribes” and engage in tribal warfare over drug dealing real estate and areas to conduct lucrative business. The generational distrust of law enforcement, systemic racism, and poverty has created a climate ripe for acts of violence and in turn the fuel for racism and prejudice.
That's right. It is well known that the health and prosperity of society is directly related to the well-being of the family. The Christian concept of family is under assault and has been for decades now and sadly we can see the consequences you've mentioned within black communities but also in society at large as well.

AlcyoneSong

Established
That's right. It is well known that the health and prosperity of society is directly related to the well-being of the family. The Christian concept of family is under assault and has been for decades now and sadly we can see the consequences you've mentioned within black communities but also in society at large as well.
Yes, however it seems like urban black communities have been hit harder than urban white communities because of policies like stop and frisk, profiling, and prejudice against Black men. Which I think is worse than Jim Crow, because a law can be repealed, but attitudes and beliefs are much harder to change. What doesn’t help anyone is rioting and destroying property.

Rioting is possibly due to anger and feeling helpless against a thing bigger than us. Most people say it’s “the system”, but I think it’s a combination of bad policy and prejudice on both sides leading to a stalemate in productive action. There is a lot of pain on both sides and as a Nation we need to come together and stop passing the responsibility to heal by taking personal responsibility for our action and inaction. Then, learn to find hope and look for people helping. We need to look for a way to make the community better.

phipps

Star
There is a lot of pain on both sides and as a Nation we need to come together and stop passing the responsibility to heal by taking personal responsibility for our action and inaction. Then, learn to find hope and look for people helping. We need to look for a way to make the community better.
We can't heal without God in our lives individually and as a community.

AlcyoneSong

Established
We can't heal without God in our lives individually and as a community.
I agree, but how many pastors, community leaders, social workers have said this phrase, and yet in communities where thriving African American churches once spoke power into their congregations they sit empty. Instead, single mothers work two jobs, children are raised by grandparents and great grandparents, only to be let loose on the streets to form their own "education" with role models who have other motives. Driven by money, driven by greed, they sell out and the streets turn into the Hunger Games.
Yet I also see successful black communities in the south, where the churches are thriving, the neighborhoods are clean and maintained, the people generally do their thing and get along with each other. There are fathers, uncles, grandpas, cousins, generations, who teach their kids where they came from, how they got here, and what they need to do to go forward. There is pressure to hustle, to do well, but there is also drive that comes from within. I've seen it first hand. There is no "us vs them" as an excuse to not try. It's about moving forward, being kind, and being accountable to each other, and to God.
2Pac once had a song "Only God can judge me" .... God will judge us, and I think He will ask us, "what did you do with the time I gave you" Jesus who I believe is God said, "when you do to the least of these, you do unto me..." Jesus doesn't care about Nike Air's... he cares about the hate, the prejudice, the pain, the families who lost their children to violence, drugs, and greed....God made us with a Purpose, it's up to us to do something, to Pray He opens doors, and to go to church.

When someone is physically sick, they see a doctor or go to a specialist.
When someone is spiritually sick, they need to see the Great Physician.

Likewise, we are in isolation because of COVID, but we have communities that have been in isolation because of spiritual sickness. It disgusts me when I see rappers use the 666 or black women who treat their bodies like something to be brought and sold to the highest bidder. Y'all know how hypocritical that is?

One minute we are talking about paying reparations for slavery, the next big hit shows black women bonded in spiritual slavery. They don't see themselves as children of God, people who the son of God died for, people of infinite worth... no... they are brainwashed to think the pleasures and stuff here are worth more than the long term generational treasures and blessings God has in store.
Satan plays the short game. God's game is long.

Don't get me started on church leaders who have abused their position too. They also sold out. Now we are seeing the result of that too. I need to get back to church, cause I could use a recharge and to meet up with my warriors.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
I agree, but how many pastors, community leaders, social workers have said this phrase, and yet in communities where thriving African American churches once spoke power into their congregations they sit empty. Instead, single mothers work two jobs, children are raised by grandparents and great grandparents, only to be let loose on the streets to form their own "education" with role models who have other motives. Driven by money, driven by greed, they sell out and the streets turn into the Hunger Games.
Yet I also see successful black communities in the south, where the churches are thriving, the neighborhoods are clean and maintained, the people generally do their thing and get along with each other. There are fathers, uncles, grandpas, cousins, generations, who teach their kids where they came from, how they got here, and what they need to do to go forward. There is pressure to hustle, to do well, but there is also drive that comes from within. I've seen it first hand. There is no "us vs them" as an excuse to not try. It's about moving forward, being kind, and being accountable to each other, and to God.
2Pac once had a song "Only God can judge me" .... God will judge us, and I think He will ask us, "what did you do with the time I gave you" Jesus who I believe is God said, "when you do to the least of these, you do unto me..." Jesus doesn't care about Nike Air's... he cares about the hate, the prejudice, the pain, the families who lost their children to violence, drugs, and greed....God made us with a Purpose, it's up to us to do something, to Pray He opens doors, and to go to church.

When someone is physically sick, they see a doctor or go to a specialist.
When someone is spiritually sick, they need to see the Great Physician.

Likewise, we are in isolation because of COVID, but we have communities that have been in isolation because of spiritual sickness. It disgusts me when I see rappers use the 666 or black women who treat their bodies like something to be brought and sold to the highest bidder. Y'all know how hypocritical that is?

One minute we are talking about paying reparations for slavery, the next big hit shows black women bonded in spiritual slavery. They don't see themselves as children of God, people who the son of God died for, people of infinite worth... no... they are brainwashed to think the pleasures and stuff here are worth more than the long term generational treasures and blessings God has in store.
Satan plays the short game. God's game is long.

Don't get me started on church leaders who have abused their position too. They also sold out. Now we are seeing the result of that too. I need to get back to church, cause I could use a recharge and to meet up with my warriors.
There are individuals, churches and Pastors who are still working very hard in those communities, and what they do is very important but they don't have enough resources. Many have given up and not even trying because they see how far these communities have fallen. Its lack of faith and trust in God.

This proves there is hope for all black communities in the US and in other countries. No one can deny the history of black people and the racism that still exists overtly or covertly. We can rise over it all and work hard to improve ourselves, our families and communities. If we put our trust in God first and let Him lead us we can achieve even more than we think we are capable of.

Likewise, we are in isolation because of COVID, but we have communities that have been in isolation because of spiritual sickness.
We are indeed in spiritual isolation when we cut ourselves from God.

It disgusts me when I see rappers use the 666 or black women who treat their bodies like something to be brought and sold to the highest bidder. Y'all know how hypocritical that is?
Sad state of affairs. That's a form of slavery. I hated and still hate rap because of how it treats women.

Yeah, trading in one form of slavery for another. We can have contentedness and complete freedom only in Christ.

Yep many church leaders have sold out. The problem is many Christians put their church leaders on high pedestals. Only God should be put up that high. I'm missing church too.

phipps

Star
This is from the D.C. Area Black Lives Matter at School Week of Action. I can't post everything on it but I will put a link at the end of this post for anyone interested in reading the whole thing. I'm only going to post some things that I found interesting but the whole thing is an interesting read. This is what is being taught to children at school right now in the US.

These are some of the lessons for Early Childhood and Elementary. (If you click on the bold letters they will link you to the lesson criteria for the teacher).

My Family Rocks! PK-2ND. Students explore the definition of family, learn about different kinds of family structures and explore what makes their own family unique. Inter-Generational, Black Families and Black Villages

Introduction of Transgender and Nonbinary Identities with I Am Jazz PK-2ND. Students will be able to define the words “transgender” and “nonbinary” and give examples of ways to support people of all gender identities. Queer Affirming, Trans Affirming, Collective Value.

This is a video on YouTube that can be used to teach the children about transgender and nonbinary identities. I'm sure some of you know about it.

Exploring Gender Stereotypes w/ Role Plays K-2ND. Children will use creative, dramatic expression to consider not only the roots of gender stereotypes, but also their consequences and strategies for counteracting them. Queer Affirming, Trans Affirming, Collective Value

At this point in time its probably safer and better for children not to go to school. The plan is to indoctrinate them from an early age so they grow up thinking what is not normal is normal. This is their agenda.

This program started in 2016 and went national in 2018 I think. The BLM movement has never been about only racial equality and justice. Its about pushing the lgbt agenda too and they are starting our children very young. This is against the Word of God and anti Christian. As Christians we are either for God or not. There is no such thing as middle ground in the Bible spiritually. We cannot support BLM especially after we find out what they intend to teach our children at school. Children are better of homeschooled especially in the Word of God. Only God can protect them from this satanic onslaught on their minds and lives in general. God have mercy on us.

Last edited:

phipps

Star
More about what is being taught to children in Black Lives Matter at School Week of Action. Its part of a national curriculum in the US.

13 Guiding Principles for Middle and High School Students

1. Restorative Justice

We are committed to collectively, lovingly and courageously working vigorously for freedom and justice for Black people and, by extension all people. As we forge our path, we intentionally build and nurture a beloved community that is bonded together through a beautiful struggle that is restorative, not depleting.

2. Empathy
We are committed to practicing empathy; we engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

3. Loving Engagement
We are committed to embodying and practicing justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another.

4. Diversity
We are committed to acknowledging, respecting and celebrating difference(s) and commonalities.

5. Globalism
We see ourselves as part of the global Black family and we are aware of the different ways we are impacted or privileged as Black folk who exist in different parts of the world.

6. Queer Affirming
We are committed to fostering a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking or, rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual unless s/he or they disclose otherwise.

7. Trans Affirming
We are committed to embracing and making space for trans brothers and sisters to participate and lead. We are committed to being self-reflexive and doing the work required to dismantle cis-gender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

8. Collective Value
We are guided by the fact all Black lives, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status or location.

9. Intergenerational
We are committed to fostering an intergenerational and communal network free from ageism. We believe that all people, regardless of age, show up with capacity to lead and learn.

10. Black Families
We are committed to making our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We are committed to dismantling the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” that require them to mother in private even as they participate in justice work.

11. Black Villages
We are committed to disrupting the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, and especially “our” children to the degree that mothers, parents and children are comfortable.

12. Unapologetically Black
We are unapologetically Black in our positioning. In affirming that Black Lives Matter, we need not qualify our position. To love and desire freedom and justice for ourselves is a necessary prerequisite for wanting the same for others.

13. Black Women
We are committed to building a Black women affirming space free from sexism, misogyny, and male‐centeredness.

Talking to Young Children about the Guiding Principles of the Movement for Black Lives.

As we think about discussing big ideas with little people, we consider age-appropriate language so that our students or children can grasp the concepts we’re introducing and incorporate these ideas and language into their own thinking and conversation.

While adults can obviously talk about any of the principles (and many of us already do) without mentioning the Black Lives Matter movement, we can also mention the movement as a group of people who want to make sure that everyone is treated fairly, regardless of the color of their skin. We can say something along the lines of, "The Civil Rights Movement, with people we know about, like Martin Luther King, Jr. and Rosa Parks, worked to change laws that were unfair. The Black Lives Matter movement is made up of people who want to make sure that everyone is treated fairly, because, even though many of those laws were changed many years ago, some people are still not being treated fairly." The idea of police violence is frightening to young children, and the same way we don't discuss the violence which met Civil Rights activists, I would not discuss this kind of violence with our youngest children.

After each principle, I’ve suggested some language you might want to use when talking to young children. Whenever possible, make connections to children’s lived experience, in your classroom, your home, or out in the world.

Restorative Justice is the commitment to build a beloved and loving community that is sustainable and growing.
We know that if you knock down someone's block building, you have to help them rebuild it, you can't just say, “Sorry,” and walk away. We also know that it’s important for kids to be able to make a better choice another time, and it’s grown ups’ job to help them make better choices and to give them chances to do that. Another way to say that is restorative justice.

Empathy is one’s ability to connect with others by building relationships built on mutual trust and understanding.
It’s so important to think about how other people feel, because different people have different feelings. Sometimes it helps to think about how you would feel if the same thing that happened to your friend happened to you. Another way to say that is empathy.

Loving Engagement is the commitment to practice justice, liberation and peace.
It’s so important to make sure that we are always trying to be fair and peaceful, and to engage with other people (treat other people) with love. We have to keep practicing this so that we can get better and better at it. Another way to say that is loving engagement.

Diversity is the celebration and acknowledgment of differences and commonalities across cultures.
Different people do different things and have different feelings. It’s so important that we have lots of different kinds of people in our community and that everyone feels safe. Another way to say that is diversity.

Globalism is our ability to see how we are impacted or privileged within the Black global family that exists across the world in different regions.
Globalism means that we are thinking about all the different people all over the world, and thinking about the ways to keep things fair everywhere.

Transgender Affirming is the commitment to continue to make space for our trans siblings by encouraging leadership and recognizing trans-antagonistic violence, while doing the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk.
Everybody has the right to choose their own gender by listening to their own heart and mind. Everyone gets to choose if they are a girl or a boy or both or neither or something else, and no one else gets to choose for them.

Queer Affirming is working towards a queer-affirming network where heteronormative thinking no longer exists.
Everybody has the right to choose who they love and the kind of family they want by listening to their own heart and mind.

Collective Value means that all Black lives, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status or location, matter.
Everybody is important, and has the right to be safe and happy. Another way to say that is collective value.

Intergenerational is a space free from ageism where we can learn from each other.
It’s important that we have spaces where people of different ages can come together and learn from each other. Another way to say that is intergenerational.

Black Families creates a space that is family friendly and free from patriarchal practices.
There are lots of different kinds of families; what makes a family is that it’s people who take care of each other. It’s important to make sure that all families feel welcome.

Black Villages is the disruption of Western nuclear family dynamics and a return to the “collective village” that takes care of each other.
There are lots of different kinds of families; what makes a family is that it’s people who take care of each other; those people might be related, or maybe they choose to be family together and to take care of each other. Sometimes, when it’s lots of families together, it can be called a village.

Black Women is the building of women-centered spaces free from sexism, misogyny, and male-centeredness.
There are some people who think that women are less important than men. We know that all people are important and have the right to be safe and talk about their own feelings.

Unapologetically Black is the affirmation that Black Lives Matter and that our love, and desire for justice and freedom are prerequisites for wanting that for others. These principles are the blueprint for healing and do not include nor do they support ignoring or sanitizing the ugliness and discomfort that comes with dealing with race and anti-race issues.
There are lots of different kinds of people and one way that we’re different is the color of our skin. It’s important to make sure that all people are treated fairly, and that’s why we, and lots of other people all over the country and the world are part of the Black Lives Matter movement.

2. We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.
This describes how societies operated during biblical times.

phipps

Star
This describes how societies operated during biblical times.
They did. As an African I grew up like that too. Extended families and the entire community are very important and play a role as part of the family. Growing up my aunts and uncles and family friends all disciplined each others children, they took care and looked out for them. Luckily we lived in our own house with our parents and our relatives and family friends on both sides lived in their own houses too.

The Bible says, "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh" (Genesis 2:24). God’s principle is that a married couple should move out of their parents’ homes and establish their own. That doesn't mean extended families and the community don't play a role in the nuclear family unit. The Jews understood and lived like that where they could. So did western families in the past but unfortunately due to the modern times we live in, there are so many reasons why families cannot see their extended families as often as they should.

I can tell you there are cultures in my country to this day where the wife leaves her family after she's married and she moves in with her husband and in laws. Its the wife's duty to cook for and look after her in laws and husband. When there are disputes, no one is on her side because she's not related to them. Sometimes there is bullying and abuse involved. I've heard of women leaving and sadly they leave without their children because they don't have the means to take care of them and a few take their own lives because they cannot cope with the situation. Married people are meant to live on their own biblically. God always knows what's best.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Yes all this BLM stuff is just Black Lgbtq+ Matters.

At the top they are all queer no matter the color.

They just call it black to divide of course and why not get a race war going... after all it's the last days.

It'll all be over soon.

AlcyoneSong

Established
They did. As an African I grew up like that too. Extended families and the entire community are very important and play a role as part of the family. Growing up my aunts and uncles and family friends all disciplined each others children, they took care and looked out for them. Luckily we lived in our own house with our parents and our relatives and family friends on both sides lived in their own houses too.

The Bible says, "Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh" (Genesis 2:24). God’s principle is that a married couple should move out of their parents’ homes and establish their own. That doesn't mean extended families and the community don't play a role in the nuclear family unit. The Jews understood and lived like that where they could. So did western families in the past but unfortunately due to the modern times we live in, there are so many reasons why families cannot see their extended families as often as they should.

I can tell you there are cultures in my country to this day where the wife leaves her family after she's married and she moves in with her husband and in laws. Its the wife's duty to cook for and look after her in laws and husband. When there are disputes, no one is on her side because she's not related to them. Sometimes there is bullying and abuse involved. I've heard of women leaving and sadly they leave without their children because they don't have the means to take care of them and a few take their own lives because they cannot cope with the situation. Married people are meant to live on their own biblically. God always knows what's best.
Yes the concept of “village” only works when everyone is in agreement on what constitutes their responsibility. In America we no longer have that mindset as everyone stays out of each other’s business. “Snitches get stitches”. How can you co raise youth when the risk out weighs the benefit? You can’t. We tried in the 70s with the Black Panther movement, then in the 90s now it’s the 2020 and the rhetoric is the same but no one wants to change.
So crime and violence continue. The elders wring their hands and the youth have to figure it out only to be captive by easy money.