Billie Eilish

Luisy

Established
Not conspiracy related, if billie wins any grammy for Happier Than Ever, Im done with grammy honestly.

my issue is young artists like olivia are seen as young geniuses when they are alright, they're decent, it infuriates me bc have y'all never heard of mj or prince??

Luisy

Established
I will be surprised if other songs can't win over this trash. Billie is a mediocore singer to me but isn't THAT good enough to get the recognition she is getting anyways. Other grammy nominated songs atleast have some charishma, melody, nice work from the production team but Happier Than Ever is just....nvm...a big turn off. I can't understand how she is just mumbling in every other song and winning awards after awards. If this wins any category of grammy, we know what trash is this grammy lol.

amaranthine

Established
So I went and listened to a few songs (Happier than ever and Your Power) from her new album after reading your comments about it being trash. I don't know what you are talking about. Her singing is at a high level, both in regards to technique as well as in regards to interpretation. Mumbling? She has very clean diction. She has a great tone and color to her voice and good breath control. The two songs are also very well produced. I love the guitar sound in Your Power. The songs actually have a good structure, good chord transitions, are not over produced (
looking at you Ed Sheeran... what did they do to him, he is a great musician but they turned his voice into something barely human sounding in his latest hits) and are pretty tasteful at first glance. Didn't focus on the lyrics but nothing ticked me off about them when listening. All in all while the songs are not my cup of tea (except Your Power where the guitar parts are wonderfuly written, perfectly complementing the vocals!), they are far better than the actual crap like Montero or that Justin Bieber song that were nominated.

Last edited:

Luisy

Established
So I went and listened to a few songs (Happier than ever and Your Power) from her new album after reading your comments about it being trash. I don't know what you are talking about. Her singing is at a high level, both in regards to technique as well as in regards to interpretation. Mumbling? She has very clean diction. She has a great tone and color to her voice and good breath control. The two songs are also very well produced. I love the guitar sound in Your Power. The songs actually have a good structure, good chord transitions, are not over produced (
looking at you Ed Sheeran... what did they do to him, he is a great musician but they turned his voice into something barely human sounding in his latest hits) and are pretty tasteful at first glance. Didn't focus on the lyrics but nothing ticked me off about them when listening. All in all while the songs are not my cup of tea (except Your Power where the guitar parts are wonderfuly written, perfectly complementing the vocals!), they are far better than the actual crap like Montero or that Justin Bieber song that were nominated.
Then our music taste is just different. Do you know Sasha Sloan? Her music genre is similar to billie eilish but she doesn't get that popularity and I really like her music but not of billie eilsh. Billie is just overhyped as hell. Probably because she got the attention of those emo girls crying over nothing.
Personally, I do like Montero. Yeah that's a bit controversial to some but quite unique and catchy to me. For the record of the year, my fingers crossed for peaches, leave the door open and kiss me more But if billie wins in this category...:Dthen grammy is being typical grammy like what eminem said hm.

Last edited:

amaranthine

Established
Then our music taste is just different. Do you know Sasha Sloan? Her music genre is similar to billie eilish but she doesn't get that popularity and I really like her music but not of billie eilsh. Billie is just overhyped as hell. Probably because she got the attention of those emo girls crying over nothing.
Personally, I do like Montero. Yeah that's a bit controversial to some but quite unique and catchy to me. For the record of the year, my fingers crossed for peaches, leave the door open and kiss me more But if billie wins in this category...:Dthen grammy is being typical grammy like what eminem said hm.
I don't care about hype - Sasha Sloan is obviously an extremely popular artist, her songs are very nice but like with Billie not to my personal taste (that is I wouldn't listen to them on my own, but I don't mind these songs and find some interesting musical ideas in them). My comment was not about tastes but about objective factors where Billie is on the same level as Sasha. They both perform their songs extremely well and both have high production value on them - in contrast to Montero, which does not.I can't find any appeal in that monotone sound which is completely devoid of life, feeling, emotion and is aesthetically as bland as it can be, without dynamics, without good storytelling, without even any performance showmanship at the very least and with a dead pulse to the rhythm. I also don't like Peaches but at least here I can see some of the appeal (even if the production on the vocals is horrible as well as the melodies being bland and the phrasing dull). Couldn't care about the grammys at all though. Same as MTV - making the music scene in the world feel small and boring since almost forever.

I will be surprised if other songs can't win over this trash. Billie is a mediocore singer to me but isn't THAT good enough to get the recognition she is getting anyways. Other grammy nominated songs atleast have some charishma, melody, nice work from the production team but Happier Than Ever is just....nvm...a big turn off. I can't understand how she is just mumbling in every other song and winning awards after awards. If this wins any category of grammy, we know what trash is this grammy lol.
As a music-enthusiast, her instrumentals produced by Finneas is very good, however, since dark pop is my kinda genre, I think melanie martinez deserves to at least enter the Grammys. Her style is more creative, Billie is just "The typical, depressed emo girl with dark vocals".

He is pro vaccines (in the same interview with Billie she stated that the vaccine saved her life and that those who don't get it are selfish and he agreed)
I can't believe he's the same dude who sh*tted on Michael Jackson, and yet years later he praises this "legend".

Un-fricking-believable.