Bill Gates warns of impending pandemic

vigilink

Oh - forgot to clarify... so what I mean by the immune system killing you is that a "strong immune" system can actually be detrimental if it doesn't happen to have a label for the strain of flu you've contracted... and that label is often a matter of luck, whether you had prior exposure when that strain was weaker, ie. last season.

Aero

Superstar
Yall are still ignoring morbidity rates. Like you have all watched one too many episodes of "House", or seen the movie "Outbreak" too much.

Spanish flu? "More recent investigations, mainly based on original medical reports from the period of the pandemic,[12][13] found that the viral infection itself was not more aggressive than any previous influenza, but that the special circumstances (malnourishment, overcrowded medical camps and hospitals, poor hygiene) promoted bacterial superinfection that killed most of the victims typically after a somewhat prolonged death bed"

The same is true for the black plague. So stop acting like I'm not researching this stuff. There has never been a major pandemic in the developed world. For the reasons I listed. We are simply too clean, and too healthy for the most part. Obviously if I contact malaria my body is going to be in some pain. But it's like I said. My body is strong, I would hope to survive.

Aero

Superstar
Virtually all microbes can trigger an antibody response. Successful recognition and eradication of many different types of microbes requires diversity among antibodies; their amino acid composition varies allowing them to interact with many different antigens. It has been estimated that humans generate about 10 billion different antibodies, each capable of binding a distinct epitope of an antigen.Although a huge repertoire of different antibodies is generated in a single individual, the number of genes available to make these proteins is limited by the size of the human genome. Several complex genetic mechanisms have evolved that allow vertebrate B cells to generate a diverse pool of antibodies from a relatively small number of antibody genes.

Violette

Star
I haven’t watched house or outbreak, just currently studying health sciences. Diseases and superbugs are not exclusive to unclean living conditions. Diseases and superbugs are not exclusive to unclean living conditions. Diseases and superbugs are not exclusive to unclean living conditions. Diseases and superbugs are not exclusive to unclean living conditions.
All you need is a foreign pathogen to infect a person with highly contagious route of transmission to create widespread sickness. That’s it, no filth required but that would exacerbate it if that’s the environment that microbe thrived in. This is why the last flu season here, a clean developed country, was so bad. Its a highly contagious sickness and some people don’t cover their coughs and sneezes properly. I still see adults cough in their hands :/ If we have the knowledge to destroy diseases, there’s a good chance we know how to create them or how to manipulative pathogens that already exist to be more aggressive. Viruses and bacteria already know how to exchange genetic material to resist medicine without human interference, so you can imagine what scientists could do to exploit that. Living in unsanitary conditions, poor nutrition , and poor access to health care are all clearly not ideal but that’s not the only way a pandemic can be spread that’s my point. If there weren’t evil people that felt the need to control the population Our chances of ever suffering a pandemic is very low so you’re correct in that sense, but we don’t live in that world. If something catastrophic happened to the poor it’s probably another attempt to wipe out undesirable people. There’s really no good reason that now in 2018 everyone still doesn’t have access to clean water, basic sanitation , food, and to healthcare but that’s another conversation.

Aero

Superstar
"Outbreak" is a great movie. But the reason I brought up movies and shows was because of the fear. That's the real problem with a pandemic or epidemic scenario. People who are afraid may not seek treatment, and people are dumb when it comes to getting sick.

Pretty sure I've talked about this sort of stuff before. Vaccines and antibiotics were created as a result of humans being filthy. Now it's like we are using them as an excuse to be filthy. So there is a serious disconnect with what these drugs actually do. That's why they are overused and why people theorize that tolerance will become a serious problem.

Devine

Star
i just tuned into this thread violette you are very commendable for sharing this and your efforts to educate everyone make me smile

manama

Star
You got the science twisted than. The human body has the capabilities to fight off anything. Of course that doesn't mean complete immunity. But it means most functioning immune systems are doing their jobs.

The healthy people will get mildly sick, while the unhealthy people will be crippled by the same sickness. I don't get what's so hard to understand about this. Free your mind from the clutches of big medicine. We don't need most of that shit.
Human body learns to fight stuff by first encountering it, suffering through it and building immunity. Thats what vaccines are for. You aren't immune to everything naturally. A new microbe means victims unless we manage to make vaccines for it, soon enough or our immune system can build immunity before we die. Violette is correct. You can make germs specifically designed to render your immune system useless, thats why AIDS once gotten, is impossible to get rid of.

And no cancer doesnt spread from one person to another, thats completely different but yea its possible to give people cancer in a different manner

Aero

Superstar
Human body learns to fight stuff by first encountering it, suffering through it and building immunity. Thats what vaccines are for. You aren't immune to everything naturally. A new microbe means victims unless we manage to make vaccines for it, soon enough or our immune system can build immunity before we die. Violette is correct. You can make germs specifically designed to render your immune system useless, thats why AIDS once gotten, is impossible to get rid of.

And no cancer doesnt spread from one person to another, thats completely different but yea its possible to give people cancer in a different manner
Some people recover from aids though. And a small percentage of the population is completely immune. Ill reply more to this later. I think we are both right

Damien50

Star
Some people recover from aids though. And a small percentage of the population is completely immune. Ill reply more to this later. I think we are both right
From what my understanding less that 1% are partially/fully immune but that's due to genetic mutation rather than an immune response.

rainerann

Star
I think that a healthy immune system is capable of protecting a person without always developing an immunity to something through exposure. For example, Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus is very common. I have worked very closely with patients who have had this disease. You could say that my immune system was exposed and developed immunity to this, but I have never had symptoms of this, which would mean my immune system would have to be healthier than the many people who contract this bacteria because of staying in a hospital, unfortunately.

So the health of my immune system is why I have spent years working around an antibiotic-resistant bacteria and have never had to be treated for this with antibiotics that were not Methicillin. It is also true that everyone who comes to the hospital will not be screened for this. Only the people who are at an increased risk because they have some other factor that serves to weaken their immune system like a prior hospitalization.

It is also true that we minimize the risk of spreading this bacteria by discharging patients from the hospital sooner, wearing protective equipment like gloves, and washing our hands, which I do. Yet, other patients will still contract MRSA because of people like myself who are working with the patients are diagnosed with this. Although, I cannot think of one coworker who has had MRSA themselves without some other factor in play like having another condition that weakens the immune system or having some kind of operation or procedure.

So your health will play a role in whether or not you are able to resist illnesses. Some people are predisposed to be at greater risk because they have some factor that weakens the immune system. The only other route that creates another level of difficulty is the airborne stuff because they are more difficult to quarantine. Tuberculosis is all but eradicated at this point without there being any vaccine for it through quarantine and antibiotics, not through the body developing any type of immunity to this.

The flu isn't even an airborne precaution, it is a droplet precaution, which basically means cover your mouth when you cough and wash your hands rather than use hand sanitizer if you come in contact with mucus. So there are still more ways to isolate this and prevention measures that can be implemented that a full-blown airborne illness doesn't have. People are more at risk of flu if they have a weakened immune system as well. Many people can survive flu because they have a healthy immune system.

On the other hand again, chicken pox is an airborne virus that most everyone born before the vaccine had and survived, so airborne doesn't mean that the immune system isn't capable of overcoming it either. So when Gates is talking pandemic, it is hard to know what he is talking about. In reality, we are already facing several pandemics at the moment. It is a little bit concerning to me, and then again, it is also just another day at the same time or just a matter of adding one more to the list.

Violette

Star
i just tuned into this thread violette you are very commendable for sharing this and your efforts to educate everyone make me smile
Thank you! I’m definitely not an expert I’m still in school learning about a lot of this. I just found his warning pretty unsettling tbh.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
They must be. They also wanted to make the process public and there was uproar that terrorists could lay their hands on the material and send us all into oblivion.
...thus fuelling cries for greater surveillance and loss of privacy. Well - at least they are consistent ;-)

Karlysymon

Superstar

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Another crazy one...

Exclusive: Controversial US scientist creates deadly new flu strain for pandemic research
Scientists express horror over the creation of a virus that could render the human immune system defenceless
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/exclusive-controversial-us-scientist-creates-deadly-new-flu-strain-for-pandemic-research-9577088.html

How this is beneficial to the average person, is anyone's guess. Now, go get your flu shot....
I listened to Ted Dekker's "Black" a few years ago - the concept is worryingly close!

1620926.jpg

Book 1: The Birth of Evil. Fleeing assailants through alleyways in Denver late one night, Thomas Hunter narrowly escapes to the roof of an industrial building. Then a silent bullet from the night clips his head and his world goes black. When he awakes, he finds himself in an entirely different reality... a green forest that seems more real than where he was. Every time he tries to sleep, he wakes up in the other world, and soon he truly no longer knows which reality is real. Slowly he realizes that each reality dramatically impacts the other. In each world unspeakable evil is unleashed and millions of lives hang in the balance. The fate of two worlds depends on the actions of one man: Thomas Hunter.

Aero

Superstar
From what my understanding less that 1% are partially/fully immune but that's due to genetic mutation rather than an immune response.
It's a genetic mutation within the immune system. A persons white blood cells are equipped to destroy HIV basically. But I'm a little bit skeptical of the whole H.I.V thing anyway. It was considered to be an epidemic, so what happened? Sure treatment has come a long way. Like some people can virtually remove the virus from their body (but it tends to come back). I'm just saying something stinks with the whole thing.

It goes back to my previous point about pandemics though. It doesn't matter what type of disease it is. A few lucky people are going to be completely immune. Maybe it's from a genetic mutation, or some type of cross tolerance type effect. The immune system is kind of a double edged sword though. We want to expose ourselves to the elements and build immunity. But that can also lead to debilitating effects, or death.

The average person doesn't know what's too much. Even smart people don't know what's too much. And they die experimenting with some new drug. Like a CEO of a major biotech company just did. Technically we don't know how he died yet. But there's still many cases.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/02/biotech-ceo-who-injected-himself-with-untested-vaccines-found-dead-in-sensory-deprivation-tank-reports-say.html