Big Tech Purge, Exodus and Beyond

TonyVanDam

Established
UPDATE: Given up on Apple, Microsoft, & Facebook was/is the easy part of me because....

1. I have NEVER purchase any of Apple products in my entire life. No, I have NEVER owned a iPod or iPhone and thank goodness that I have NEVER been on that bandwagon.

2. I have never purchase or used any of Microsoft products since Windows XP, the last ever useful operation system [OS]. Since my switch to Linux [specifically Debian] years ago, I have successfully stay off the Microsoft Plantation ever since!

3. I had my one and only Facebook account permanently closed years ago. And thank goodness that I have NEVER posted pictures of myself or anyone else when that account was active, given that everything on FB database automatically goes directly to CIA database! Remember, USA/Canada/UK/Australia/New Zealand are members of Five Eyes and they used information from past & present FB accounts as well. I must also mention that I do not use Instagram, a Facebook product, at all.

WITH THAT^ SAID:

Now I did have one minor problem with Amazon. Although I have not purchase anything from Amazon in over 5 years, I was still buy vegan products from the Whole Foods Market. Beginning this March 2021, I will no longer shop at Whole Foods [which has been part of the Amazon corporate umbrella since 2019] and just stick with Natural Grocers & Trader Joe's for the time being. I also must mention that I do not use Twitch, which is part of the Amazon corporate umbrella.

NOW COMES THE HARD PART:

Giving up & staying away from Google products is easy unless the products are YouTube & Google Maps.

---None of the current video hosting sites are an equal or better than YouTube right now. LRBY & PeerTube are promising Youtube alternatives. OnlyFans is a story in itself for video viewers that can handle rated NC-17 subject matters. But in general, nothing is better than Youtube for the time being, I am sad to say.

---Google Maps is still THE #1 choice for avoiding slow & bad traffic on the interstates, highways, & roads [ironically no thanks to Google's collecting metadata of people's travels at the expense of invading the privacy of the same people!!!]. Mapquest, Openstreetmap, & OSRM are good alternatives. But again, they are not on Google Maps' level yet.

HONORABLE MENTIONING:

I do not do Twitter at all.

Last edited:

Tidal

Star
Trump was uniting black and white, so no wonder the "dark powers" rigged the election to get rid of him because they want division and unrest, not unity-

recure

Established
---None of the current video hosting sites are an equal or better than YouTube right now.
You can use a frontend to watch YouTube: such as Invidious on web, FreeTube on desktop, and NewPipe on mobile. They also allow you to download the videos. Are you by any chance using browser add-ons to block third party scripts from Microsoft, Google, Facebook etc. from running on websites? If not, those corporations can track you regardless of whether you use their services directly.