Big Tech Purge, Exodus and Beyond

The Zone

Star
Has anyone noticed all the new resign in's and changes to social media accounts of late? This is coming to a location near you for Korea is a testing ground for resistance and compliance. 7ftkuzf1ojf61.jpg

Aero

Superstar
Big tech and their media partners don't even want people to smile anymore.

I'm being serious too, I think that's their dream. Consider this another waking "dreamscan". In it, I see a world where the rich and the powerful are the only ones allowed to have fun and smile. The rest of us are meant to just sit around being sad.

UnderAlienControl

Superstar
The Mandalorian star will not be returning to the series after Lucasfilm released a statement saying Carano is not currently employed by the company “and there are no plans for her to be in the future.” This comes after Carano shared a post comparing the treatment of people with political differences in modern times to that of Nazi Germany. In their statement, Lucasfilm called Carano’s posts “abhorrent and unacceptable.” The actor has also been dropped as a client by her talent agency UTA.

Frank Badfinger

Superstar
Facebook to Label Climate Change Posts Like Covid, Vote Content

(Bloomberg) -- Facebook Inc. will begin labeling some user posts that mention climate change in the same way it has annotated posts discussing elections and Covid-19, a sign the social network is taking climate-related misinformation more seriously.
The labels will direct users to Facebook’s Climate Science Information Center -- an existing hub that includes related news articles, climate change data and recommendations for Pages to follow. The new labels will be added to some posts about climate change, regardless of their accuracy, a strategy Facebook has used with other widely discussed topics as a way to fight falsehoods.

Chief Executive Officer Mark Zuckerberg has argued that the best way to keep misinformation from spreading on its networks is not just to remove misleading posts, but to offer people accurate information from authoritative sources. The labels are rolling out first to users in the U.K., though the plan is to bring them to more countries soon, according to a Facebook blog post.

Facebook has been used to spread climate misinformation in much the same way the service is used for sharing all kinds of misleading posts. False statements about climate change reviewed by Facebook’s fact-checkers are flagged, but unlike Covid-19 misinformation, climate posts are not typically removed. That’s because Facebook doesn’t consider most climate misinformation to pose an imminent threat of harm, which is the bar for removing false information from the service.

justjess

Superstar

The Zone

Star
Why do we need a website to communicate at all? Maybe I’m just old.., but I remember communicating quite successfully before the internet was even a thing.
Devils Advocating? The context in which I spoke of was in concern to staying in touch with kinships made here. If this place goes down, everything said here and the relationships cultivated are over. There is a bit of a takeover going on ya know. And without some tools, people will in time be cut off from one another with coming restrictions. But YouTube saw what citizens sharing created, so they squelched that to cut off communication. Anyhow, better things to do than argue this.

justjess

Superstar
Devils Advocating? The context in which I spoke of was in concern to staying in touch with kinships made here. If this place goes down, everything said here and the relationships cultivated are over. There is a bit of a takeover going on ya know. And without some tools, people will in time be cut off from one another with coming restrictions. But YouTube saw what citizens sharing created, so they squelched that to cut off communication. Anyhow, better things to do than argue this.
Nah not really so much devils advocating as getting tired of seeing people clutching at straws to make something work for them that was never intended to work for them. Have been guilty of it myself too, just finally kinda completely snapped out of it on my end due to a number of events that made me realize just how completely owned by tech we actually are.

as for this site - I highly doubt it will be taken down or censored to the extent you fear. My guess is it’s left up uncensored and if anything responses are cataloged. That was always the real risk, wasn’t it?

I’m not going to doom and gloom about the loss of the internet as a communication tool probably because I’m old enough to remember a time before it. We managed to communicate just fine in a probably way healthier manner. Conspiracy theorists of yore would have never been caught dead communicating on an internet conspiracy forum cuz BIG BROTHER ya know?

if you have better things to do than converse with me you are always FREE not to converse with me at all. No ones got a gun to your head

The Zone

Star
I think is a stressful time for many knowing all our information has been centralized for control and we agreed to the Devil's bargaining or terms of service. And we all handle that differently. As for worrying this place will go down -- not really. I have some backup plans but they will cut citizens off in any country which starts to wake to widespread corruption. I can live without this place, we all can... but the internet allows citizens to come together as well, so you have to use their tool against them. They're waking up to this, so the internet you may want to pull away from might just in time kick you out due to not paying a bill on time or wrong-think as they use the access as a lure or a carrot dangling in front of you knowing most are hooked on instant info, etc. "Be a good world citizen," is coming. Believe in the science, do not question authority -- we will think for you so you can plug into the coming virtual reality world and not worry about that kind of thing. That said, it is nice and warm outside here today after an immense cold rain, so I am going to log into nature.

Last edited:

justjess

Superstar
I think is a stressful time for many knowing all our information has been centralized for control and we agreed to the Devil's bargaining or terms of service. And we all handle that differently. As for worrying this place will go down -- not really. I have some backup plans but they will cut citizens off in any country which starts to wake to widespread corruption. I can live without this place, we all can... but the internet allows citizens to come together as well, so you have to use their tool against them. They're waking up to this, so the internet you may want to pull away from might just in time kick you out due to not paying a bill on time or wrong-think as they use the access as a lure or a carrot dangling in front of you knowing most are hooked on instant info, etc. "Be a good world citizen," is coming. Believe in the science, do not question authority -- we will think for you so you can plug into the coming virtual reality world and not worry about that kind of thing. That said, it is nice and warm outside here today after an immense cold rain, so I am going to log into nature.
Beat them at their own game.. use your stimulus to buy BOOKS and ham radios and an aluminum garbage can to store them in - take it back to old school CT ;)

natures good btw, I’m still buried under too much snow but I wish I wasn’t.