Biblical Numerology

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I would definitely make a distinction between statistically unlikely or significant number patterns and extreme, almost Gnostic numerology...

Numbers in the Bible serve to compliment the main message, not add a Hidden code with a special secret message.

What is 'normal' anyway? Watching the game with a four pack!? Guess I am a bit odd then ;-)

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I read the Harry Potter books a few years back (before I found out they were based on "The Chymichal Wedding of Christian Rosenkreutz"!!!)) I was struck by the brilliance the way that elements from the very first books were woven into completion in the final stages of the story. I was particularly impressed by the Golden Snitch "I open at the close"...

DH1_Golden_Snitch_'I_Open_at_the_Close'.jpg
That Golden Snitch opening at the end feels like an echo of the complex, remarkable message of the Bible. What was a great literary feat for one author of a book series becomes a miracle when spread out over the many writers, times and places represented in the Bibles' compilation.

Listening again through the OT, I get a sense of what the Disciples on the Road to Emmaus must have heard as Jesus explained to them from Moses and the Prophets...

Last edited:

llleopard

Established
Do you have one for thirteen as Judas Iscariot equaled such?
13 is not an often mentioned number in the Bible. When it does occur it is often symbolic of 'backsliding' or rebellion. sometimes you see people getting excited because something was mentioned in chapter 13 of a book....which is just weird because the original manuscripts weren't divided into chapters etc. There are 'traditions' ie that Judas was the 13th seated at the last supper...but again, if it doesn't actually appear in the Bible, it isn't worth considering as a numerical symbol.:)