Bible verses contrasted with false teacher/s' doctrines

JoChris

Superstar
Reminds me of “Jesus Calling”

I just mentioned the God calling book in my P.S. revision!

The book, God Calling, is comprised of messages from a spirit guide to two anonymous female “listeners.” The “listeners” approached the day sitting in silence, waiting for a call from the spiritual realm. Wishing to remain anonymous, the listeners compiled this book of daily guidance edited by A. J. Russell, who refers to the book in the beginning pages as the “Daily Power.”

Revision again:
Jesus calling is the new book from Sarah young, not the listeners. https://ses.edu/jesus-calling-by-sarah-young-a-false-jesus/

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
No flesh can be justified by the deeds of the law. If you commit just one sin you are guilty of breaking all of it. This is why you can only ever be a transgressor when measured by the law. One sin and you become guilty. Look at Adam and Eve. One sin led to the fall of the human race and resulted in a curse. Imagine if every evening you got a report card stating whether or not you kept God's law for the day. Can you imagine getting an F everyday? One sin is enough to flunk a person.
1669761905341.png

What you typed is exactly why it amazes me why a certain poster who claims to be following Jesus is following the incredibly heretical legalist Jahtruth instead. There is no way Jahtruth could fulfill what he put in his ramblings.

Lyfe

Star
View attachment 82812

What you typed is exactly why it amazes me why a certain poster who claims to be following Jesus is following the incredibly heretical legalist Jahtruth instead. There is no way Jahtruth could fulfill what he put in his ramblings.
Zechariah couldn't even speak for a season(until John The Baptist was born), because he sinned against God by wavering in unbelief. How many times a day do many of us doubt God just in our thoughts and attitudes? Even if it's for a moment. It's sin. How easily do we fall short and break the law just by sinning in our thoughts and attitude. Murmurs, complaints, ungratefulness.

Christ never sinned once not even for a moment. Not even in his thoughts, ever. It's amazing. His righteousness is the only acceptable righteousness.

JoChris

Superstar
1669767643241.png

Sometimes a false teacher doesn't claim they hear directly from God - sometimes they [conveniently] "receive" angelic visitations. It conveniently provides a loophole for completely different doctrines that add to, subtract from, or distort the biblical Gospel.

The amount of false doctrines over the centuries involving alleged angelic revelations is massive.

Here are several examples of the older ones. Further researching thanks to the Age of the Internet would find many more people from 20th century onwards, whose weird material only is found because their website is readable enough.

Ancient Gnostics: search for word "angels" Panarion of St Ephiphanius [born 4th century AD].
[archive library membership is free].

----
Islam: Islam Muslims Jibril, The False Angel Of Light Gabriel Satan - Islam & Muslims

----
Mormons [Church of Latter Day Saints]: Got Questions - Who is the angel Moroni?
Pro-Mormon short video:

N.B. only Joesph Smith could translate book - how convenient!

JoChris

Superstar
1669772043925.png

A brilliant mind is not enough to immunise a person against spiritual deception.

Although the religion is not well known now, Swedenborgianism deserved to be put separate from other infamous ones in previous entry. It is a weird blend of pseudo-Christianity, direct contact with angels and spiritualism [communicating with the dead].
Introduction video:

Swedenborgianism - the visionary cult of a genius

Pro- Swedenborg website: Angels and demons -Swedenborg Foundation

Beware when searching for information about Swedenborg! Believers are extremely skilled in presenting his material as if it is a revelation from the Christian God. They are way more convincing than followers of a certain alleged reincarnated Christ from Sheffield. You have been warned.
Include phrase Christian apologetics when searching.

Last edited:

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I have to imagine that false teachers must have put years of work into the construction of their message.

I was thinking about this and a short phrase from a Bible passage came to mind:

2 Timothy 4

14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: 15 Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words. 16 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. 17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. 18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Alexander made money from false religion. Paul, who came preaching the grace of God encounters someone who opposes that message. In one short phrase, I think Paul asks the Lord to judge Alexander by the thing he wants to be judged by - his works!

Coming from the apostle who wrote that “man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.” there is a powerful sense of Alexander being given over to the judgement of the Great White Throne of Revelation 20:

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

JoChris

Superstar
I have to imagine that false teachers must have put years of work into the construction of their message.

I was thinking about this and a short phrase from a Bible passage came to mind:

2 Timothy 4

14 Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: 15 Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words. 16 At my first answer no man stood with me, but all men forsook me: I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge. 17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me; that by me the preaching might be fully known, and that all the Gentiles might hear: and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. 18 And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Alexander made money from false religion. Paul, who came preaching the grace of God encounters someone who opposes that message. In one short phrase, I think Paul asks the Lord to judge Alexander by the thing he wants to be judged by - his works!

Coming from the apostle who wrote that “man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.” there is a powerful sense of Alexander being given over to the judgement of the Great White Throne of Revelation 20:

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
Incredibly it wasn't work for Swedenborg. You need to read the chapter!!!
Was it his own, this tumultuous spate of words that runs into eight big volumes as now published? 2 He said that what he was writing here was not his own, not one least word of it. It was inspired.

No doubt he felt freer to write this in a house of his own, belted by a large garden. Having to work at odd hours and in odd states, it was of importance to him to be free from interruption and from street noises—heavy carriages on cobble stones—the cries of vendors.

In his new work, which he provisionally called a "spiritual exposition" of the Bible, there was a strand of the same Christian Neoplatonism as had preoccupied him for so long, bar the crisis period; and there was a beginning thread of "psychic" experiences; but the dominant strand was the Bible exegesis. It was that which he particularly felt was inspired.....

His hand moved of itself!

it wrote things which, he said, were "arcana"—secrets never known to anyone before, some of them almost repellent to him, yet at least others fitted into the whole background of his thoughts as it had formed itself for years. Twice convincing—to him.

There can be no doubt that it was through so-called "automatic" writing that Swedenborg obtained the bulk of his Bible commentaries, and much that to us seems inconsistent with his real self.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
Was it his own, this tumultuous spate of words that runs into eight big volumes as now published? 2 He said that what he was writing here was not his own, not one least word of it. It was inspired.

No doubt he felt freer to write this in a house of his own, belted by a large garden. Having to work at odd hours and in odd states, it was of importance to him to be free from interruption and from street noises—heavy carriages on cobble stones—the cries of vendors.

In his new work, which he provisionally called a "spiritual exposition" of the Bible, there was a strand of the same Christian Neoplatonism as had preoccupied him for so long, bar the crisis period; and there was a beginning thread of "psychic" experiences; but the dominant strand was the Bible exegesis. It was that which he particularly felt was inspired.....

it wrote things which, he said, were "arcana"—secrets never known to anyone before, some of them almost repellent to him, yet at least others fitted into the whole background of his thoughts as it had formed itself for years. Twice convincing—to him.

There can be no doubt that it was through so-called "automatic" writing that Swedenborg obtained the bulk of his Bible commentaries, and much that to us seems inconsistent with his real self.
Further down the page, the author gives serious evidence it was not Swedenborg consciously writing it:

A good deal of the furor theologicus script is in an angular, slashing, obscure style, rather typical of certain automatic scripts.

Emanuel Swedenborg, Scientist and Mystic - Page 212 Illustration A.png
Illustration A. (The Original is 7″ wide.)
Contrast the above with a sample of Swedenborg's best normal writing, from a page of the manuscript of a book on the mind-body relationship, written throughout in the same rounded, harmonious way.33 It was written about four or five years previous to The Word Explained, but the same kind of writing can be found in his personal letters even many years later, and even in other pages of The Word Explained,34 those in which Swedenborg asserts that he is being told these things by heavenly beings, the ideas however, being very close to his own Neoplatonic sentiments.

Emanuel Swedenborg, Scientist and Mystic - Page 212 Illustration B.png
Illustration B. (The Original is 6½″ wide.)
The Librarian having generously given permission for several photostats to be made from the manuscripts, it seemed interesting to the writer to find out if a professional handwriting expert would detect any significant difference in the pages from which the samples are here given. Accordingly she marked one A and the other B, and submitted them to an expert, merely asking for an opinion on the enclosed specimens, naturally giving no information as to what or whose they were, nor even who was sending them.

The eXpert,35 an Oxford B.Sc., and an associate member of the British Psychological Society, discovered such marked differences that she reported they were by different writers of opposite character. The author of the script which has been characterized here as "automatic" (Illustration A) was said to be the type of man "who is liable to project his own inner problem into the outer world, and fight it out visibly," also the type "who may agitate with great intolerance for the cause of tolerance, or with great ruthlessness for the cause of kindness and love. His humbleness is deep-seated, but the impatience of his temperament makes him act as a fanatic." Quite suitable for the furor theologicus!
The writer of the script here called "normal" (Illustration B) was said to be the kind of man who "seeks to give expression to his visionary and intuitive experiences. He tries to be precise and rational for he wishes to bring into harmony rational thinking and irrational feeling." The expert further mentioned this man's fine sensibility, remarkable integrity of character, tender soul and warm heart, and also "a certain inner vanity," which, "he shares with most of those who consciously and conscientiously strive after perfection."

However one may feel about judging psychology by means of handwriting (though the above is fairly striking in its insight, considering that the expert had no means of knowing who was in question) the fact remains that the two specimens were held to be so different as to be thought by different men.

These differences in style were not lost on Swedenborg himself. A couple of years later he noted in the diary he kept of his "psychic experiences" (as we should say), "That my style of writing is varied according to the spirit associated with me." He added, "This is evident to me from many things in past years as also from those of the present time that my style is varied and that from merely the style of the writing I could know how things cohere."

A Freeman

Superstar
1 John 2:1-11
2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
2:2 And he is the atonement for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for [the sins of] the whole world.
2:3 And hereby we do know that we know him, IF we keep His Commandments.
2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth NOT His Commandments, is a LIAR, and the truth is NOT in him.
2:5 But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old Commandment which ye had from the Beginning. The old Commandment is The Word which ye have heard from the Beginning.
2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true Light now shineth.
2:9 He that saith he is in the Light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.
2:10 He that loveth his brother abideth in the Light, and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.
2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not where he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

A Freeman

Superstar
1 John 3:1-11
3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the (adopted) sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not.
3:2 Beloved, now are we the (adopted) sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also The Law: for sin is the transgression of The Law.
3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our (past) sins; and in him is no sin.
3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he (Christ) is righteous.
3:8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the Beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever DOETH NOT righteousness is NOT of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the Beginning (Alpha), that we should love one another.

A Freeman

Superstar
John 5:37-47
5:37 And the Father Himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard His voice at any time, nor seen His shape.
5:38 And ye have not His Word abiding in you: for whom He hath sent, him ye believe not.
5:39 Search the Scriptures; for in them ye think ye have Eternal Life: and they are they which testify of me.
5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have Life.
5:41 I receive not honour from men.
5:42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you.
5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.
5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that [cometh] from God only?
5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is [one] that accuseth you, [even] Moses, in whom ye trust.
5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me.
5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

JoChris

Superstar
1669803069029.png

Wisdom versus knowledge - what is the difference?

e.g. Cutting and pasting relevant bible verses to support your argument demonstrates knowledge of what the bible says.

1669803435213.png

Spiritual Wisdom is assessing if the bible verses are being used in context and for right motives, whether it is to build people or destroy people, if giving the bible verse to a person will harden their heart even further etc.
We will answer to God for how wisely we use the bible and whether we do it to please God or please ourselves.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
1669803931413.png

A well-meaning preacher who can only quote bible verses without giving the who, what, when, where, why and how of the bible verse/ passage will be of no long term good to their listeners. Those people will not grow in spiritual maturity if they being fed nothing but baby food.

Online it is just as bad if people simply cut-and-paste bible verses while making NO attempt to ever show why the verse is actually relevant to the subject being discussed at the time.

e.g. Some later letters of the New Testament were being written to address heresies in their early development.
The Letter of 1 John was one of them. The apostle John wrote to a church dealing with Gnostic heresies.
John was clarifying what a TRUE and a FALSE convert would believe and do.

e.g. one sign of a true convert is that they will follow God's commandment to love their neighbour.

It demonstrates a changed heart from being born again. A false convert will not love their neighbour.

Loving your neighbour does not LEAD to salvation. Loving your neighbour is a FRUIT of salvation.

The letter seems to have been sent to a specific group of churches in Asia Minor which were experiencing a problem with false teachers (like Colossians and Ephesians), specifically
1. docetic Gnostics who denied the humanity of Christ, but affirmed His deity
2. antinomian Gnostics who separated theology from ethics/morality

A Freeman

Superstar
Again, if we turn to Scripture, we find the exact opposite of the lies that the spiritually blind guides of "Christianity" teach their blind followers:

James 2:17-26
2:17 Even so FAITH, if it hath not WORKS, is DEAD, being alone.
2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will SHOW thee my faith BY my works.
2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils (liars) also believe, and tremble.
2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain (worthless) man, that FAITH WITHOUT WORKS is DEAD?
2:21 Was not our father justified by WORKS, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar (and God made him your example - Sura 16:123; 60:4)?
2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and BY WORKS was faith (trust in God) MADE PERFECT?
2:23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed ONLY God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
2:24 Ye see then how that by WORKS a man is justified, and NOT by faith only.
2:25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by WORKS, when she had received the messengers, and had sent [them] out another way?
2:26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so FAITH WITHOUT WORKS IS DEAD also.

There is no such thing as faith without good (Godly) works. One goes hand-in-hand with the other according to our Maker.

Last edited:

Lyfe

Star
Good fruit(works) will not and can not save, but they are definitely a manifestation of someone who's heart has been regenerated and renewed by the holy spirit. I am not the same man since I came to Christ. There is a difference between dead works (religiously motivated works) and the fruit of the spirit. The holy spirit doesn't enable us to keep a law. The holy spirit brings internal transformation and makes us into completely new creatures. This powerful working that affects the heart of someone transcends the ability of the law. Paul even said this ministry is more glorious than the law, because of the powerful working that becomes operative within someone through washing and regeneration of the holy spirit. Paul refers to the person who has been born again(by the holy spirit) as a "new man" and the offspring of the second Adam. It wasn't the law that delivered me from my former sins and the evil passions that were present and working within me. It wasn't the law that set me free from drinking. It was the holy spirit and the power of God that gave me a new heart that now rejoices in walks in the things of God. It's very important to understand this. The law was the OT but the NT emphasis is on the spirit. Christians are led and governed by the ministration of the spirit. God at work on us to affect change. I can give someone a law to do this or that, but if their heart still delights in and lusts after evil then this not genuine or even keeping the law. However if God puts his seed in me and gives me a new heart through the holy spirit that loves the things he loves then this is to be acknowledged and pursued. Pointing a new creature in Christ back to the law is pointing them backwards. We are called to be led by the spirit!

A Freeman

Superstar
What did Paul actually say and preach about The Law?

Paul actually told us that he kept The Law (Rom. 7:25), that the Law/Commandments of God are holy, just and good (Rom. 7:12), that he was establishing The Law everywhere he went (Rom. 3:31) and that only DOERS of The Law would be justified (Rom. 2:13).

How can so many "Christians" so misunderstand the letters of Paul? Perhaps it's not surprising given they ignore Christ's Teachings as well.

What did Christ say about the Old Covenant and New Covenant?

Revelation 14:1-4
14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the Mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty [and] four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
14:2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many "waters", and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
14:3 And they sung as it were a New Song (Isaiah 42:10) before the Throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that "Song" except the hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand, which were redeemed from the Earth.
14:4 These are they which were not corrupted by women; for they are pure. These are they which follow the Lamb wheresoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, [being] the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb (obeying God NOT women).

Revelation 15:3 And they sing the "Song of Moses" (Old Covenant - Deut. 31) the servant of God, AND the "Song of the Lamb" (New Covenant), saying, Great and marvellous [are] Thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true [are] Thy Ways, Thou King of the holy people.

The New Song is the "Song of Moses" AND the "Song of the Lamb", which are in perfect harmony with one another when they are properly understood.

A Freeman

Superstar
Matthew 7:15-20
7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
7:17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
7:18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither [can] a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
7:19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into The Fire.
7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

The fruit is what the tree produces. Our fruits are our actions, by which we will all be judged (as to whether those actions, and the thoughts and words behind them, are good or evil).

If one looks objectively (honestly) at the organized religion that calls itself "Christianity", it should be self-evident that it cannot possibly be The Strait and Narrow Way that leads to LIFE (because it doesn't follow Christ's True Teachings, found in the Gospel accounts), but instead is the broad path that leads to destruction, which Christ warned most will follow (Matt. 7:13-14).

IF Christianity were really the way, then the world should be getting better and better, as there are more Christians (reportedly over 2 billion) during these end-times than there has ever been in human history. Instead, what we find is that the world is getting worse and worse by the day if not by the hour, so that the violence and hatred is just like it was during the days of Noah, when God brought the flood to destroy everyone but Noah and his immediate family. These end-times were also compared to the days of Lot, where God rained fire down on Sodom and Gomorrah because they were literally filled with sodomites, perversion and sexual exhibitionism.

It is, in fact, so bad that Christ questioned whether He would find faith on Earth at all during His Second Coming (Luke 18:8). Why would he ask that question if being a "Christian" builds faith?

Why would there be so many so-called Christian priests, pastors, etc. when Christ said NOT to be one (Matt. 23:8-10)?

Do "Christians" EVER do as Christ COMMANDS (John 14:15, 21-24)?

Last edited:

Maldarker

Star

Sounds like an inspired possesion imho.

Maldarker

Star
View attachment 82828

Wisdom versus knowledge - what is the difference?

e.g. Cutting and pasting relevant bible verses to support your argument demonstrates knowledge of what the bible says.

View attachment 82829

Spiritual Wisdom is assessing if the bible verses are being used in context and for right motives, whether it is to build people or destroy people, if giving the bible verse to a person will harden their heart even further etc.
We will answer to God for how wisely we use the bible and whether we do it to please God or please ourselves.
Remember GOD's word is a two edged sword. hebrews 4:12

Lyfe

Star
If someone has received Christ as their personal Lord and savior then that means God has credited to them that very righteousness that he obtained through his sinless(law abiding) life. The law demands perfect obedience and anything less is missing the mark and a report of unrighteousness. Jesus is the only one who has ever kept the law(perfectly) and, because of this he is the only one who has ever obtained righteousness by the laws standard. Now in Christ we are ransomed and loosed from the requirements of the old covenant and brought into a new one where Christ is the mediator. He gives us his spirit and teaches us all things. We are called to abide in him and walk in the spirit. His anointing teaches us all things and as long as we yield to his leading through the holy spirit we have confidence that the righteousness he obtained by his perfect obedience to the law(and ALL it demands) is credited to us.

Romans 8:1-4
English Standard Version

Life in the Spirit
8 There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.[a] 2 For the law of (A)the Spirit of life (B)has set you[b] free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. 3 For (C)God has done what the law, (D)weakened by the flesh, (E)could not do. (F)By sending his own Son (G)in the likeness of sinful flesh and (H)for sin,[c] he condemned sin in the flesh, 4 in order that (I)the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, (J)who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.