Bible verses contrasted with false teacher/s' doctrines

JoChris

Superstar
Yeah I have come across this very thing on social media. If you preach the gospel in a way that doesn't appease their Calvinistic way of thinking then you are a free will heretic in their eyes. There are many who really like to wrangle about words and they take what you say and rebuke you if you suggest man has free will. It's very cringe.

They take the simplicity of Christ and make it all expositional. Idk. I admit understanding salvation is absolutely important, but they seem to be more concerned about making converts to calvinism than simple servants of Christ. That is my experience with many of them... If your not a Calvinist your a free will Arminian heretic that seeks to rob God of his glory.
My position is that God is an infinite being beyond human understanding, so what appears to be a contradiction in our eyes is not to Him.
E.g. If God is all knowing, then He knows all who will be saved.
However if God is love, He will save all who come to Jesus.
1678667881438.png
Calvinists seem to make whosoever = only those.
Arminians seem to focus on "loved the world" and "whosoever".
IMO it is two sides of the same coin, and I will never understand it in this life.

JoChris

Superstar
1678923454414.png

1678923691255.png

In other entries I have showed other passages which give similar commandments and warnings - for the bible to repeat the same teaching it must mean a strong warning sign of a false teacher is a money-hungry one!

It is one thing for us to be reminded we should support the pastor/s financially, and extend donations to missionaries etc if we are able to do so. It is quite another to tell us we please God more if we give the pastor more, we will reap more (rewards from God) if we sow more (line their pockets).
Televangelists like Kenneth Copeland should be such obvious scam artists that Christians switch the channel immediately, but sadly many people still fall for his variety.
These days they are becoming sneakier though - you younger people shouldn't assume you won't fall for false teachers' tactics just because you can see through the baby boomers' generation of TV televangelists. They know how to act, use your lingo, use your music, dress fashionably - they know how to use the marketing online like experts!

Youtube thankfully gives very up-to-date coverage in today's ever changing world online, so when you discover Christian channels which address these topics please put them on your favourites list. Knowledge is power after all. e.g. Channels like https://www.youtube.com/@StevenKozarMessedUpChurch
Steve Kozar and his wife do very good commentary, including younger preachers that us oldies (I am Gen X) probably haven't heard of/ seen before.

Lyfe

Star
There are allot of Christians who try and overcomplicate repentance. We are called to turn, but it's ultimately God who opens the heart of someone to understand and then saves them. You don't have to have perfect theology on what repentance is before you can do it. Not only that, but the scriptures always seem to back that genuine repentance ultimately brings about a renunciation of the sinful practices of the old man. If someone doesn't understand that a true change of mind and heart also leads to a turning away from the old self and his corrupted ways then they deny biblical salvation. If someone has genuinely repented then they are a new creature in Christ indwelt by the holy spirit. They become begotten of God's holy seed and their new nature in Christ becomes contrary to the very sins that the old man once delighted in. If someone truly perceives their need for Christ after hearing the gospel and seeks God's forgiveness and asks Jesus to save them then they will be saved. Salvation isn't as complicated as some make it out to be. It's important to understand the scriptures, but we need to refrain from overcomplicating things and allow God and the holy spirit to do their work which is bring people into the kingdom of God! We need to keep things as simple as we possibly can!

Lyfe

Star
God doesn't call people to a life of mere church attendance. He calls us to walk with him as Abraham and Enoch did. He calls us to newness of life in the holy spirit. He calls us to know him and learn of him, to become acquainted with his ways which were perfectly demonstrated and revealed through Christ. He calls us to turn to him so we can discover our true life calling and the mission which he has preplanned for us to carry out in Christ. If someone thinks the Christian life is about mere church attendance than they are lacking in understanding of what God's word acctually says. We are called to walk and live in the holy spirit. He is our teacher in all things. He is the spirit of Christ! He is always within the one who has been born again and begotten of God through Christ! In Christ we are reconciled to God and become the children of God through adoption! Once we come to an understanding for ourselves of God's new covenant promises we can see and understand the beauty of HIS salvation and how wrong most of the world is with their false preconceived notions! True fulfillment in life can only come from God and walking in the MISSION he has for a person. It's through his ways we find our life! If we choose our own ways we will stumble, get lost, and ultimately perish without understanding! God is PERFECT in knowledge! He knows what's PERFECTLY best for you!

Psalm 25:4-5
English Standard Version
4 Make me to know YOUR WAYS, O Lord;
teach me your paths.
5 Lead me in your truth and teach me,
for you are the God of my salvation;
for you I wait all the day long.

Psalm 25:8-9
English Standard Version
8 Good and upright is the Lord;
therefore he instructs sinners in the way.
9 He leads the humble in what is right,
and TEACHES THE HUMBLE HIS WAY.

Psalm 25:14
English Standard Version
14 The friendship[a] of the Lord is for those who fear him,
and HE MAKES KNOWN TO THEM HIS COVENANT.

John 6:44-45
English Standard Version
44 No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day. 45 It is written in the Prophets, ‘AND THEY WILL ALL BE TAUGHT BY GOD.’ Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me—

Proverbs 3:32
For the froward is abomination to the LORD: but HIS SECRET IS WITH THE RIGHTEOUS.

Lyfe

Star
I really believe that a big part of antichrists deception is to promote and mention God, but in the same manner seek to intentionally disassociate him with the person and work of Jesus Christ. I began to see this all the time in so called Christian movies. There would be numerous references to God, but never any reference to Jesus and the cross. We are only saved and healed by the name of Jesus and THE BLOOD he shed!

All throughout scripture it places immense importance on the name and preeminance of Christ. In the begging was the word and the word was with God, and THE WORD WAS GOD. THE WORD BECAME FLESH AND DWELT AMONG US. It was Jesus who always told us to pray IN HIS NAME. Scripture says that there is NO OTHER NAME given among men whereby we must be saved. Jesus told his disciples that if they had seen him THEY HAD SEEN THE FATHER, HIM AND THE FATHER ARE ONE! Its in and through the name of Jesus that a persons connection to God is established. Jesus LINKS us and gives us ACCESS directly to God by reconciling people to him. He is THE ONLY mediator between God and men. It is those who call upon THE NAME of The Lord are saved.

Gods word forewarns us of the antichrist spirit. The antichrist spirit will always distort and muddy the divinity of Christ. Was Jesus just a new age guru? Was he a man who just did good works? Was he just a prophet? No! He was the sin bearer and appointed savior of the world! He existed before the foundation of the world and ALL THINGS are made through and by him! In him ALL THE FULLNESS OF GOD DWELT. He is both the son of God and God in human flesh! God came into the world through Christ. It is God who refers to himself as the first and the last, the alpha and the omega and we if read revelation Jesus in his glorified state in the same manner refers to himself as THE ONE WHO WAS AND IS, THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA.

Salvation is only through Jesus and we shutup the kingdom of heaven if we fail to mention HIS NAME. The powers of darkness love it when we renounce and whitewash the name of Jesus! He is greater than Buddha, Mohammad, Gandhi, Krishna, and all the other false gods! He is THE NAME ABOVE EVERY NAME! Don't be deceived by the wiles of the enemy that so often deal with right and ALMOST right (clever deceptions).

Matthew 16:13-20
English Standard Version
Peter Confesses Jesus as the Christ
13 Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” 14 And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter replied, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my Father who is in heaven. 18 And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock[a] I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. 19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed[c] in heaven.” 20 Then he strictly charged the disciples to tell no one that he was the Christ.

Lyfe

Star
Jesus said that through him we would know the truth and the truth would set us free. How many people have weights and burdens and chains around them simply, because they give heed to a false worldview contrary to the one Jesus taught? They worry about and pursue things that don't even matter, they fret about things that have absolutely no relevance to God or the things that God has said matters( with an eternal value).

Jesus said the truth will set us free. He is the truth and it was for this purpose he came into the world, to reveal the unbiased and absolute objective truth. He came to bear witness TO THE TRUTH! If we belong to him and we are IN HIM then the spirit of truth(the holy spirit) is inside of us. God's word says that antichrist is coming and is already in the world. The spirit of antichrist is already at work deceiving and leading countless astray. The lies of this spirit are NEVER obvious. They are very subtle and he speaks according to what is ALMOST RIGHT, but this is what makes his lies so appealing.

It is ONLY THOSE who KNOW their God by the spirit of truth who can discern and see past the lies. God's WORD is truth and it is only by knowing Christ and being led by the indwelling spirit of truth that people will not be deceived with all the spiritual deceptions, flattery, and seductions of the enemy and his impending WOKE society of false peace! We need to be diligent to know and be renewed by God's word to not fall into the many deceptions of the wicked one and his numerous mouthpieces, ESPECIALLY in the media! The media is completely antichrist! His very nature is one of craftiness and subtle deception that will ALWAYS appeal to the masses! We must build up our foundation and worldview on what God has said to be true, lest we be deceived by another imposter that promises peace, but brings ruin!

Daniel 11:32-35
English Standard Version
32 HE SHALL SEDUCE WITH FLATTERY those who violate the covenant, but THE PEOPLE WHO KNOW THEIR GOD SHALL STAND FIRM AND TAKE ACTION. 33 And the wise among the people shall make many understand, though for some days they shall stumble by sword and flame, by captivity and plunder. 34 When they stumble, they shall receive a little help. And many shall join themselves to them with flattery, 35 and some of the wise shall stumble, so that they may be refined, purified, and made white, until the time of the end, for it still awaits the appointed time.

JoChris

Superstar
1679356144895.png

What is in the heart of the man will eventually come out in their speech/ typing online.
The above passage is relevant to ALL people, however for some strange reason I have heard/read many people saying when a church leader/teacher says something questionable make excuses for them.

Why do we sometimes have lower standards for Christians we value highly? e.g. Everyone has a bad day but those who lead us should be setting us an example with their conduct as well as their speech.
Beware of a Christian leader who says questionable things in any context, whether theology or practical.

Lyfe

Star
The truth is that everyone judges and makes judgments. God doesn't call us to be indifferent in anything. He tells us to love good and hate evil. He very plainly tells us to teach right from wrong. God exhorts us in his word to share the gospel and when people equate this to judging them what they are really saying is that you are a wrongdoer and what you are doing and how you are living your life is wrong. This is just an example of how we ALL judge.

It's unavoidable to judge which is why we are told to judge with 'the right' judgment. Basically everything chalks up to right and wrong, but the issue is who determines what is right from wrong. If we establish what is right and wrong according to what God has predetermined then we are judging with THE RIGHT judgment. If someone attempts to establish their own views of right and wrong and give approval to what God has called evil then they have already judged God and HIS character! They have done the very thing they say not to do!

The most loving thing a person could do is remind society what God has said to be right and wrong, because sin and disobedience always brings harm. The reason that people suffer is, because they have laxxed Gods word and not taken it seriously. Evil triumphs, because everything is permitted and nobody says, "That is wrong!" We basically live in a time where it's worse to judge evil than to do evil!

Isaiah 59:14-15
King James Version
14 And judgment is turned away backward, and justice standeth afar off: for truth is fallen in the street, and equity cannot enter.
15 Yea, truth faileth; and he that departeth from evil maketh himself a prey: and the Lord saw it, and IT DISPLEASED HIM THAT THERE WAS NO JUDGMENT.

King James Bible
The mouth of the righteous speaketh wisdom, and his tongue talketh of judgment. Psalm 37:30

New Living Translation
The godly offer good counsel; they teach right from wrong. Psalm 37:30

JoChris

Superstar
1680066008748.png

I have read about Christian psychics before, but I don't remember hearing such blatant ones !!!. If your church leader or TV evangelist ever does this, run or switch the channel ASAP!

Dalit

Star
Have you heard of this? Especially for @JoChris This was banned from YouTube.

Footage of kundalini spirit/awakening. :-( I hate that some confuse that with God.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar
Have you heard of this? Especially for @JoChris This was banned from YouTube.

Footage of kundalini spirit/awakening. :-( I hate that some confuse that with God.
Oh yes, he was on a current affairs show years ago. He claimed he is Jesus and his partner is Mary Magdalene.
I remember some really weird footage of people crying, bringing back suppressed memories.
I think I found it.

Dalit

Star
Oh yes, he was on a current affairs show years ago. He claimed he is Jesus and his partner is Mary Magdalene.
I remember some really weird footage of people crying, bringing back suppressed memories.
I think I found it.

This may be bad to say, but I think Jesus doesn't have yellow teeth. :p Also didn't sleep with MM.

Lyfe

Star
I see some contend that passover is biblical and easter is not. I think the notion that passover is still biblical is somewhat misleading. Passover was the jewish tradition given by God to be celebrated for a time UNTIL Christ was to come and fulfill what it had ALWAYS meant. The Jewish people ate and celebrated the passover as a means to identify themselves with Christ even long before he came to reveal what the custom had acctually symbolized. There is no requirement for Christians to observe passover, because Jesus has already come and given up his body and shed his blood. He fulfilled and is the fulfillment of the passover so in a sense it's not even biblical for a Christian to look back to the shadow(the passover) now that the reality(Christ) has come. If someone is in Christ they have already identified with him which is what the Jews were doing when they ate the passover. They were identifying themselves with Christ.

The celebration of passover is the jewish shadow, but since the reality(Christ) has come there is no need to observe a custom that has already been fulfilled. Now if someone wants to use their liberty in Christ to celebrate passover that is fine, but to believe or teach that it's required is wrong. Why magnify the shadow over the reality?

There are many who want to make a big deal about the need to look back and insist that there is a requirement to observe the shadowy custom even though the passover was always a foreshadow of Christ.

We have to be careful not to embrace and give preeminence to the shadowy customs of the law now that the reality and meaning of them has come through Christ.

Hebrews 9:10
New Living Translation
10 For that old system deals only with food and drink and various cleansing ceremonies—physical regulations that were in effect ONLY UNTIL a better system could be established.

Colossians 2:16-17
New Living Translation
16 So don’t let anyone condemn you for what you eat or drink, or for not celebrating certain holy days or new moon ceremonies or Sabbaths. 17 For these rules are ONLY SHADOWS of the reality yet to come. And CHRIST HIMSELF IS THAT REALITY.

Galatians 3:24-25
New Living Translation
24 Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian UNTIL Christ came; it protected us until we could be made right with God through faith. 25 And now that the way of faith has come, WE NO LONGER need the law as our guardian.

Philippians 3:2-9
Amplified Bible
2 Look out for the [a]dogs [the Judaizers, the legalists], look out for the troublemakers, look out for the false circumcision [those who claim circumcision is necessary for salvation]; 3 for we [who are born-again have been reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, set apart for His purpose and] are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory and take pride and exult in Christ Jesus and place no confidence [in what we have or who we are] in the flesh— 4 though I myself might have [some grounds for] confidence in the flesh [if I were pursuing salvation by works]. If anyone else thinks that he has reason to be confident in the flesh [that is, in his own efforts to achieve salvation], I have far more: 5 circumcised when I was eight days old, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews [an exemplary Hebrew]; as to the [observance of the] Law, a Pharisee; 6 as to my zeal [for Jewish tradition], a persecutor of the church; and as to righteousness [supposed right living] which [my fellow Jews believe] is in the Law, I proved myself blameless.

7 But whatever former things were gains to me [as I thought then], these things [once regarded as advancements in merit] I have come to consider as loss [absolutely worthless] for the sake of Christ [and the purpose which He has given my life]. 8 But more than that, I count everything as loss compared to the priceless privilege and supreme advantage of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord [and of growing more deeply and thoroughly acquainted with Him—a joy unequaled]. For His sake I have lost everything, and I consider it all garbage, so that I may gain Christ, 9 and may be found in Him [believing and relying on Him], not having any righteousness of my own derived from [my obedience to] the Law and its rituals, but [possessing] that [genuine righteousness] which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness which comes from God on the basis of faith.

Lyfe

Star
I think it's really important for God's people to bear in mind that there are true born again saints spread throughout many denominations. It's not right to say or assert that someone is not truly saved just, because they are attending a certain place( even if belongs to a denomination that has a bad reputation or is different from their own). Now I believe God would lead every one of his true children to leave a place that embraces apostasy, the indwelling holy spirit would prompt them out, but then again I think it's one of those matters we can't say is black and white. The truth is that sadly many churches don't make disciples and have strong teaching anymore. It's created a very suspicious landscape for the elect. Ten years ago I attended a baptist king james only church. We did allot of things right, but they held some beliefs I didn't fully agree with, but they were one of the only few churches that would go into the streets with a burden to witness and I loved that, because I myself was burdened with the same. God gave us great joy as we went out and did street evangelism. However, the thing that never fully sat right with me was they were KJV only. Not only that, but they only really accepted baptist churches as legitimate and the pastor contended if you got baptized in another denomination it didn't count. They were suspicious of everyone who wasn't a Baptist.

I have reformed theology friends who basically say anyone who doesn't hold a calvinist worldview doesn't understand salvation properly and thus isn't saved. I know there are many churches that teach if you don't pray in tongues your not saved. There's so much division nowadays and so many churches claim they are the only way, orthodox churches also hold that view.

The truth is I think it really comes down to whether or not someone has the testimony of Jesus within themselves. If someone has the witness within themselves and confirms to you that they have in fact received Christ(as the only savior) and believe he is the son of God, that he died for their sin and rose again on the third day, that he is the only way to heaven, that nobody has any merit or righteousness before God apart from him, that The Bible is the absolute and inerrant word of God and every other religion is a false way, then such a person has the testimony of Christ within themselves. Nobody could be fully persuaded and convinced of these things unless The Father revealed it to them. Nobody could say that Christ is Lord and believe in these things with absolute conviction without the spirit.

I go to a prayer gathering every thursday and not everyone goes to the same church and denomination, the place we meet consists of like 3 or 4 types, but the people who do go have the testimony of Jesus within themselves(that is obvious) and they all know the heart of God, they are all burdened for souls to come to know Christ, they all know Jesus is this world's only hope. Nobody would be consistently in that room unless God drew them there!

We are told to try the spirits. If someone has the testimony of Jesus within themselves and holds to God's word and believes it's all true then it's my belief they are a true son or daughter of God. Guaging whether or not someone is a true child of God becomes a very slippery slope when its about something other than whether or not they have the testimony of Jesus, because every born again Christian is in a different season in their life.

1 Corinthians 12:3
New Living Translation

3 So I want you to know that no one speaking by the Spirit of God will curse Jesus, and NO ONE CAN SAY JESUS IS LORD, EXCEPT BY THE HOLY SPIRIT.

1 John 5:10-12
English Standard Version

10 WHOEVER BELIEVES IN THE SON OF GOD HAS THE TESTIMONY IN HIMSELF. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son. 11 And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12 Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

Matthew 16:13-17
English Standard Version

Peter Confesses Jesus as the Christ

13 Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?” 14 And they said, “Some say John the Baptist, others say Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them, “But who do you say that I am?” 16 Simon Peter replied, “YOU ARE THE CHRIST, the Son of the living God.” 17 And Jesus answered him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, BUT MY FATHER WHO IS IN HEAVEN.

Ephesians 1:13-14
English Standard Version

13 In him you also, WHEN you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, AND BELIEVED in him, WERE SEALED with the promised Holy Spirit, 14 WHO IS THE GUARANTEE[a] of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

Romans 8:9-11
English Standard Version
9 You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him. 10 But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness. 11 If THE SPIRIT OF HIM WHO RAISED JESUS FROM THE DEAD DWELLS IN YOU, HE WHO RAISED CHRIST JESUS[A] FROM THE DEAD WILL ALSO GIVE LIFE TO YOUR MORTAL BODIES through HIS SPIRIT WHO DWELLS IN YOU.