Bible Verses about Faith

Then there is John 3:16
For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whomsoever believes on Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.
What kind of vile G D god would have his son murdered to forgive us from his unjust condemnation instead of just forgiving us outright?

Do you know how stupid and immoral what you quote is?

Regards
DL

Lisa

Superstar
Then he should not torture then and kill them in his purposeless hell.

He should do as Jesus said he came to do which was to cure the afflicted and not to kill them.

God is supposed to be a universalist and his love should cure us all yet your own bible says that the vast majority of us will end in hell and destruction.

So much for your god's will, which he will not do if there is the hell that your church has invented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

You can thump all you want, but cannot get past what your own bible says, unless you cherry pick it to the bone.

Try thinking.

Regards
DL
Well the purpose of hell is punishment for sin and unbelief. He’s a Holy God, He’s got standards.

He did cure the afflicted one need only believe on His Son by whose stripes we are healed. Jesus says
Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.
‭‭Matthew 11:28
Doesn’t sound like a God desiring your life in Hell. It seems like you can’t get past your own hateful thinking to be saved?

Not before God pours out His Spirit on them and open their eyes and melt their hearts.
She has rejected all the quotes that confirm your view.

Her insecurity is corrupting her moral sense. That is why she wants to abdicate her responsibility for her own actions and put them on her scapegoat Jesus.

Regards
DL

What do you think I’m afraid of?
You fear to read the laws Jesus taught and that I quoted.

That is why you deflected to your fear so as to not have to deal with your own corrupted moral sense.

Strange how what you quote from the bible is so great bur everything I quote is garbage. You are a full blown hypocrite.

Regards
DL

Lisa

Superstar
What kind of vile G D god would have his son murdered to forgive us from his unjust condemnation instead of just forgiving us outright?

Do you know how stupid and immoral what you quote is?

Regards
DL
Well, His Son came down from heaven to be the once for all sacrifice for sin. Before that it was kill a lamb as atonement and that was all the time because people sin. God made a new way with the Son who perfectly kept the law which no man before or after Him could do, Je was the only one who could the only man without blemish. Like the lambs that had to be without blemish to be sacrificed. But because He was perfect it was only He who could be the once for all sacrifice for sins. Made it a lot easier on us..don’t have to sacrifice lambs anymore and we just confess with our mouths Jesus is Lord and we are saved, just like that! Easy peazy really if you can get past that you can’t ever please God without the sacrifice of His Son thing and the reality is most people can’t. But Jesus did die for them too...
He can’t forgive without the shedding of blood, Bishop. There is a price to be paid for being a sinner...it’s a dear price unless you take the offered sacrifice and be saved from that terrible price. It’s mercy and it’s grace, we don’t deserve our God’s kindness but he bestows it anyway.

Well, it sounds like it’s gonna be a lot more traumatic than that..but yep, they will come to believe that Jesus is their long awaited Messiah.
So much for our free will.

Strange that you accept that God will move us by his spirit, yet you denied that he would do the same with his grace.

Again, you are in full hypocrite mode and contradict yourself. No wonder your church is crying for good apologists if your ilk are all it has to rely on. Pathetic.

Regards
DL

Well, His Son came down from heaven to be the once for all sacrifice for sin. Before that it was kill a lamb as atonement and that was all the time because people sin. God made a new way with the Son who perfectly kept the law which no man before or after Him could do, Je was the only one who could the only man without blemish. Like the lambs that had to be without blemish to be sacrificed. But because He was perfect it was only He who could be the once for all sacrifice for sins. Made it a lot easier on us..don’t have to sacrifice lambs anymore and we just confess with our mouths Jesus is Lord and we are saved, just like that! Easy peazy really if you can get past that you can’t ever please God without the sacrifice of His Son thing and the reality is most people can’t. But Jesus did die for them too...
He can’t forgive without the shedding of blood, Bishop. There is a price to be paid for being a sinner...it’s a dear price unless you take the offered sacrifice and be saved from that terrible price. It’s mercy and it’s grace, we don’t deserve our God’s kindness but he bestows it anyway.
You are too stupid and immoral for me to bother with.

On earth as it is in heaven.
If you draw blood from your children when you punish them, you are as satanic a character as the genocidal son murderer you idol worship.

We are done. You dirty my mind.

Come back if you loose your really stupid and immoral views. Come to learn as you have nothing but filth to teach.

Regards
DL

Lisa

Superstar
So much for our free will.

Strange that you accept that God will move us by his spirit, yet you denied that he would do the same with his grace.

Again, you are in full hypocrite mode and contradict yourself. No wonder your church is crying for good apologists if your ilk are all it has to rely on. Pathetic.

Regards
DL
You have free will...
Well He is gonna deal differently with His people and btw they can receive Jesus too if they wanted to.

Lol! You crack me up! Sinful people are all God has to share the Good News with Bishop.

Lisa

Superstar
You are too stupid and immoral for me to bother with.

On earth as it is in heaven.
If you draw blood from your children when you punish them, you are as satanic a character as the genocidal son murderer you idol worship.

We are done. You dirty my mind.

Come back if you loose your really stupid and immoral views. Come to learn as you have nothing but filth to teach.

Regards
DL
What are you the Bishop of again? Do you put me down to bolster your self worth? One would think a real Bishop would be more loving towards someone considering your so uptight about what you see as God’s unloving ways...I think you must be a lonely man who just wants to keep talking and not knowing that you’d be more likely to have people willing to talk with you if you weren’t so insulting all the time. Here I am taking the time to share with you, haven’t put you down or belittled you yet you call me immoral whilst putting me down and belittling me...who’s the one whose dirtying whose mind?

TokiEl

Superstar
She has rejected all the quotes that confirm your view.

Her insecurity is corrupting her moral sense. That is why she wants to abdicate her responsibility for her own actions and put them on her scapegoat Jesus.

Regards
DL
Many christians will be told by Jesus Christ to go away...

That ought to be a sobering thought... but no many don't pay any attention to what the Saviour said.

It is what they say that counts... or so they think... until the truth is served them from the Lord's own lips.

But why did you call me Lord Lord and did not what I said ?

Many christians will be told by Jesus Christ to go away...

That ought to be a sobering thought... but no many don't pay any attention to what the Saviour said.

It is what they say that counts... or so they think... until the truth is served them from the Lord's own lips.

But why did you call me Lord Lord and did not what I said ?
I hear you.

Even what you quote is strange when you consider that Jesus was explicit in highlighting that he came to serve and not be served, yet all Christians refuse him his position by naming him Lord and want to serve him.

That is not love of Jesus.
It is hate of Jesus and refusing to let him do his will.

Regards
DL

Lisa

Superstar
Hebrews‬ ‭11:1‬ ‭
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

‭‭

Hebrews‬ ‭11:1‬ ‭
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

‭‭
Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Faith is a way to quit using, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

The God of the OT says, “Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can literalists reason on God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes the believers mind as it is pure idol worship.

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor.

That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL

Lisa

Superstar
Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Faith is a way to quit using, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

The God of the OT says, “Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can literalists reason on God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes the believers mind as it is pure idol worship.

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

I hope you can see how intelligent the ancients were as compared to the mental trash that modern preachers and theists are using with the literal reading of myths.

https://bigthink.com/videos/what-is-god-2-2

Further.
http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/03132009/watch.html

Rabbi Hillel, the older contemporary of Jesus, said that when asked to sum up the whole of Jewish teaching, while he stood on one leg, said, "The Golden Rule. That which is hateful to you, do not do to your neighbor.

That is the Torah. And everything else is only commentary. Now, go and study it."

Please listen as to what is said about the literal reading of myths.

"Origen, the great second or third century Greek commentator on the Bible said that it is absolutely impossible to take these texts literally. You simply cannot do so. And he said, "God has put these sort of conundrums and paradoxes in so that we are forced to seek a deeper meaning."

Matt 7;12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

This is how early Gnostic Christians view the transition from reading myths properly to destructive literal reading and idol worship.

Regards
DL
It pleases God for us to
‭‭2 Corinthians‬ ‭5:7‬ ‭
Walk by faith, not by sight.
Was at the GoV the other day and the Baron sounds like he’s struggling over losing his wife..but who wouldn’t be? Did you see that too?