Bible Verses about Faith

phipps

Star
Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.
- Psalms 37:5

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
- Isaiah 26:3

Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
- Mark 9:23

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
- Mark 11:23

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- Romans 10:17

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
- Romans 12:3

The Hall of Faith
(1) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
(2) For by it the elders obtained a good report.
(3) Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
(4) By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
(5) By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
(6) But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
(7) By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
(8) By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
(9) By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
(10) For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
(11) Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
(12) Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
(13) These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
(14) For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
(15) And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
(16) But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
Hebrews 11:1-16

Faith Without Works is Dead
(14) What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
(15) If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
(16) And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
(17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
(18) Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
(19) Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
(20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
(21) Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
(22) Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
(23) And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
(24) Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
(25) Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
(26) For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
James 2:14-26

https://www.amazingfacts.org/bible-study/gods-promises/bible-verses-about-faith

phipps

Star
Faith or Works?

After getting this far into the book of James, chances are you might be a bit confused. After all, James seems to contradict nearly everything Paul says in the book of Romans. He consistently talks about “works” whereas Paul was the “champion of grace.” However, how can the Bible contradict itself on such a major theological topic? For example, Paul writes in Romans 3:28 that “a man is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.” However, James says in James 2:24 that “a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.”

Since the Bible does not support theological pluralism or relativism one of them has to be wrong. But which one is it?

The reality is neither one of them is wrong. They are both right.

In order to see that James and Paul don’t contradict each other it’s important to understand the historical context that they were writing in and the issues they were addressing in their letters. You see, in Romans Paul was dealing with the dangerous heresy that a person can be saved by keeping the law. Paul repeatedly emphasizes in Romans (as he does in Hebrews, Galatians, Ephesians etc.) that it is impossible to work your way into heaven. The only way is by God’s gift of salvation. A gift that cannot be earned.

James, on the other hand, isn’t dealing with this heresy. James is dealing with a totally different heresy – the idea that so long as you accept doctrinal truth in your head, then you are saved.

Therefore when James uses the word faith he uses it differently than Paul does. Paul uses faith to describe a genuine trust in Jesus. James uses faith to describe an intellectual assent to some abstract theological truth. According to James simply saying “Yes, I believe that’s true” does not save you because it isn’t real faith. Real faith doesn’t just accept truth intellectually; it embraces the truth and applies it to life. Real faith is seen in the person’s life, not just his words. Therefore, good works are the evidence that you have been saved by grace through faith. A lack of good works (which results in the presence of sinful works) may be evidence that your faith is not genuine.

http://ssnet.org/blog/faith-or-works/

TokiEl

Superstar
If somebody says they are christians and do not keep the letter and spirit of the Ten Commandments... they are at best baby bottle christians who better begin to grow up asap.

DavidSon

Star
Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

- Psalms 37:5

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
- Isaiah 26:3

Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
- Mark 9:23

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
- Mark 11:23

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- Romans 10:17

For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
- Romans 12:3

The Hall of Faith
(1) Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
(2) For by it the elders obtained a good report.
(3) Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
(4) By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.
(5) By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.
(6) But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
(7) By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.
(8) By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
(9) By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:
(10) For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.
(11) Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.
(12) Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.
(13) These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
(14) For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.
(15) And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.
(16) But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.
Hebrews 11:1-16

Faith Without Works is Dead
(14) What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?
(15) If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,
(16) And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?
(17) Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.
(18) Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.
(19) Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
(20) But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
(21) Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
(22) Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
(23) And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
(24) Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
(25) Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
(26) For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
James 2:14-26

https://www.amazingfacts.org/bible-study/gods-promises/bible-verses-about-faith
19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

I love the way this is written.
Faith or Works?

After getting this far into the book of James, chances are you might be a bit confused. After all, James seems to contradict nearly everything Paul says in the book of Romans. He consistently talks about “works” whereas Paul was the “champion of grace.” However, how can the Bible contradict itself on such a major theological topic? For example, Paul writes in Romans 3:28 that “a man is justified by faith apart from the works of the law.” However, James says in James 2:24 that “a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.”

Since the Bible does not support theological pluralism or relativism one of them has to be wrong. But which one is it?

The reality is neither one of them is wrong. They are both right.

In order to see that James and Paul don’t contradict each other it’s important to understand the historical context that they were writing in and the issues they were addressing in their letters. You see, in Romans Paul was dealing with the dangerous heresy that a person can be saved by keeping the law. Paul repeatedly emphasizes in Romans (as he does in Hebrews, Galatians, Ephesians etc.) that it is impossible to work your way into heaven. The only way is by God’s gift of salvation. A gift that cannot be earned.

James, on the other hand, isn’t dealing with this heresy. James is dealing with a totally different heresy – the idea that so long as you accept doctrinal truth in your head, then you are saved.

Therefore when James uses the word faith he uses it differently than Paul does. Paul uses faith to describe a genuine trust in Jesus. James uses faith to describe an intellectual assent to some abstract theological truth. According to James simply saying “Yes, I believe that’s true” does not save you because it isn’t real faith. Real faith doesn’t just accept truth intellectually; it embraces the truth and applies it to life. Real faith is seen in the person’s life, not just his words. Therefore, good works are the evidence that you have been saved by grace through faith. A lack of good works (which results in the presence of sinful works) may be evidence that your faith is not genuine.

http://ssnet.org/blog/faith-or-works/
"The reality is neither one of them is wrong. They are both right."

Nice. I appreciate a simple to follow and honest topic; the always relevant subject of faith and works is good to consider. I've said my opinion before, the concept entails a balance. Paul and James's perspective can both be right. We all have different gifts as spiritual people but it's important to keep balance.

phipps

Star
What is Faith?
Summary: Faith is an integral part of any healthy relationship—especially a relationship with God.

Sometimes we wonder how we can get to know God. Well, it’s the same way we get to know anybody else. In order to get acquainted with anyone, three things are necessary:

1. We need to talk to them
2. We need to listen to them
3. We need to go places and do things together.

These are the ingredients of good communication. But how do we know God is even there?

We take advantage of many things we can’t see. How long has it been since you saw electricity or wind? We can’t see this mysterious thing called “life.” Yet we can see the results of all of the above.

Even though we cannot see God or hear His voice with our human equipment, we can still see the working of His power, and by taking advantage of the avenues of communication He has given us, we can come to know Him. It’s by knowing Him that we learn to trust Him.

Faith is important to the Christian life. Hebrews 11:6 tells us, “But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.”

Some people think you need a whole lot of faith, but Luke 17:5-6 tells us that faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains! It apparently doesn’t take a lot to achieve a lot. Faith is not measured by how much we have. A little faith, if it is genuine, does the impossible.

What if we don’t have the faith required for God to be able to work in our lives? We just need to ask God for it (Mark 9:20-27). We have only to ask God for the faith we need since faith ultimately comes from Him anyway. We shall never be at a place for which God cannot make provision in our lives. “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief” is what we can say anytime we don’t feel we have enough faith. He is faithful to help us at anytime in our need of Him

The spiritual promises are always available. But the promises for temporal blessings, even for life itself, are given on occasion and withheld on occasion as God’s will sees best. Faith still trusts God even when things don’t work out the way we want them to. It’s easy to trust God when life is going smoothly.

The real test of faith comes when our prayers seem unanswered. The truth is that we don’t work on our righteousness nor do we work on faith. Both are gifts. Both come as a result of knowing Jesus. And knowing Jesus comes as a result of spending time in prayer and communion with Him. If we will come to Him, He will supply to us the genuine faith that we need.

"The ultimate ignorance is rejecting something you know nothing about."~ Anonymous

https://amazingdiscoveries.org/what-is-faith

phipps

Star
Why is faith without works dead?

Answer: James says, “For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also” (James 2:26). Faith without works is a dead faith because the lack of works reveals an unchanged life or a spiritually dead heart. There are many verses that say that true saving faith will result in a transformed life, that faith is demonstrated by the works we do. How we live reveals what we believe and whether the faith we profess to have is a living faith.

James 2:14–26 is sometimes taken out of context in an attempt to create a works-based system of righteousness, but that is contrary to many other passages of Scripture. James is not saying that our works make us righteous before God but that real saving faith is demonstrated by good works. Works are not the cause of salvation; works are the evidence of salvation. Faith in Christ always results in good works. The person who claims to be a Christian but lives in wilful disobedience to Christ has a false or dead faith and is not saved. Paul basically says the same thing in 1 Corinthians 6:9–10. James contrasts two different types of faith—true faith that saves and false faith that is dead.

Many profess to be Christians, but their lives and priorities indicate otherwise. Jesus put it this way: “By their fruits you will know them. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes, or figs from thistles? Just so, every good tree bears good fruit, and a rotten tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a rotten tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire. So by their fruits you will know them. Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name? Did we not drive out demons in your name? Did we not do mighty deeds in your name?’ Then I will declare to them solemnly, ‘I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers’” (Matthew 7:16–23).

Notice that the message of Jesus is the same as the message of James. Obedience to God is the mark of true saving faith. James uses the examples of Abraham and Rahab to illustrate the obedience that accompanies salvation. Simply saying we believe in Jesus does not save us, nor does religious service. What saves us is the Holy Spirit’s regeneration of our hearts, and that regeneration will invariably be seen in a life of faith featuring ongoing obedience to God.

Misunderstanding the relationship of faith and works comes from not understanding what the Bible teaches about salvation. There are really two errors in regards to works and faith. The first error is easy believism,” the teaching that, as long as a person prayed a prayer or said, “I believe in Jesus,” at some point in his life, then he is saved, no matter what. So a person who, as a child, raised his hand in a church service is considered saved, even though he has never shown any desire to walk with God since and is, in fact, living in blatant sin. This teaching, sometimes called “decisional regeneration,” is dangerous and deceptive. The idea that a profession of faith saves a person, even if he lives like the devil afterwards, assumes a new category of believer called the carnal Christian.” This allows various ungodly lifestyles to be excused: a man may be an unrepentant adulterer, liar, or bank robber, but he’s saved; he’s just “carnal.” Yet, as we can see in James 2, an empty profession of faith—one that does not result in a life of obedience to Christ—is in reality a dead faith that cannot save.

The other error in regards to works and faith is to attempt to make works part of what justifies us before God. The mixture of works and faith to earn salvation is totally contrary to what Scripture teaches. Romans 4:5 says, “To him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness.” James 2:26 says, “Faith without works is dead.” There is no conflict between these two passages. We are justified by grace through faith, and the natural result of faith in the heart is works that all can see. The works that follow salvation do not make us righteous before God; they simply flow from the regenerated heart as naturally as water flows from a spring.

Salvation is a sovereign act of God whereby an unregenerate sinner has the “washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit” poured out on him (Titus 3:5), thereby causing him to be born again (John 3:3). When this happens, God gives the forgiven sinner a new heart and puts a new spirit within him (Ezekiel 36:26). God removes his sin-hardened heart of stone and fills him with the Holy Spirit. The Spirit then causes the saved person to walk in obedience to God’s Word (Ezekiel 36:26–27).

Faith without works is dead because it reveals a heart that has not been transformed by God. When we have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit, our lives will demonstrate that new life. Our works will be characterized by obedience to God. Unseen faith will become seen by the production of the fruit of the Spirit in our lives (Galatians 5:22). Christians belong to Christ, the Good Shepherd. As His sheep we hear His voice and follow Him (John 10:26–30).

Faith without works is dead because faith results in a new creation, not a repetition of the same old patterns of sinful behavior. As Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 5:17, “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”

Faith without works is dead because it comes from a heart that has not been regenerated by God. Empty professions of faith have no power to change lives. Those who pay lip service to faith but who do not possess the Spirit will hear Christ Himself say to them, “I never knew you. Depart from me, you evildoers” (Matthew 7:23).

https://www.gotquestions.org/faith-without-works-dead.html

phipps

Star
The Evidence of Things Not Seen
Summary: Understanding the true definition of faith and evidence is crucial in any apologetics discussion.

I like evidences. Evidences can build up the faith, if used correctly. They help us to confirm that, given our belief that the Bible is true, we can view the world successfully through Biblical “glasses” and make sense of what we observe.

Help—I’m losing my faith!

I frequently get emails of the following type: “Someone has given me some evidence about..., which seems to confirm that evolution is true, or Creation is wrong. Help—this is damaging my faith!”

With respect, I need to say to such people that your faith is misplaced if it can be damaged by “evidence.” You see, evidences are not neutral. They are interpreted by our world views. You might be interested to know that the Bible actually has something to say about the correct use of evidence. You can find the relevant passage in Hebrews 11:1-3.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear" (emphasis mine).

What is the evidence? It is faith. Faith is not a blind belief system, in the teeth of the evidence. Faith actually IS the evidence. It is therefore by faith that I know that God made the world. Therefore, no evidence will ever shake my faith, regardless of how “scientific” it appears to be, because the actual evidence is my faith. And remember that the apostle Paul says that even faith is “not of yourselves; it is the gift of God” (Ephesians 2:8).

Evidence should not shake our faith

The plea for evidence is therefore often misdirected. We do not require scientific evidence to “prove” the existence of God, or justify our belief that what the Bible says is true. Our faith is the evidence for that.

The Bible does not attempt to prove the existence of God. The Bible does not begin with a High School essay, rehearsing the arguments for, with the arguments against, before reaching a conclusion. The Bible starts with the very clear presupposition that “In the beginning, God …”

The only discussion in the Bible on the possible non-existence of God is found in Psalm 14 and repeated in Psalm 53: “The fool has said in his heart ‘There is no God’.” In fact, the whole message of Romans 1 is that there is really no such thing as an atheist. They all know that God exists, but suppress this truth in unrighteousness.

Evidence is not for the purpose of “proving” God or the Bible

If supposed evidence should not shake your faith, we can also say that offering evidence is the wrong way to “prove” the Bible to be true. Evidence is presented in court. It is presented to the judge. So if you offer evidence, with the intention of proving to someone else that the Bible is true or that God is real, you are making that skeptic into the judge, and you are putting God and/or the Bible on trial. So that is not what evidence is for.

Evidence is there for the believer, to show that their position is consistent. We can demonstrate that evidence is consistent with what we find in Scripture. But evidence is not there to “prove” the Bible. The Bible is true, because it is the Bible—period!

Conclusion

The approach to evidence that I am outlining here will require a complete paradigm shift for some of you. I had to go through this myself. So much of my Creation ministry involved presenting evidences. But evidential apologetics has two main flaws: 1. It doesn’t work, even though we think it ought to. And 2. It is actually unBiblical, because it attempts to put God on trial. For these reasons, here at the Creation Today ministry, we advocate the presuppositional apologetics approach.

https://amazingdiscoveries.org/C-deception_evidence-existence-god

phipps

Star
How do we know if we have true faith?
Scripture: Hebrews 11:1-40

If we are feeding our souls everyday with the Word of God, our faith will grow. The Bible says, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." Romans 10:17.

Also we shouldn't base our faith on how we feel from day to day, that's not a good measure. God is with us whether we feel it or not.

Lisa

Superstar
Nebuchadnezzar responded and said to them, “Is it true, Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego, that you do not serve my gods or worship the golden image that I have set up? Now if you are ready, at the moment you hear the sound of the horn, flute, lyre, trigon, psaltery and bagpipe and all kinds of music, to fall down and worship the image that I have made, very well. But if you do not worship, you will immediately be cast into the midst of a furnace of blazing fire; and what god is there who can deliver you out of my hands?” Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego replied to the king, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to give you an answer concerning this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up.”
‭‭Daniel ‭3:14-18‬ ‭

I have often thought this was an incredible example of faith. What a faith to believe God can rescue you from a blazing furnace but to even double down and say...even if He doesn’t save us from that furnace we still won’t bend! It always blows my mind to read this passage...to have a faith like that!

When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold. Job 23:10

TokiEl

Superstar
I have often thought this was an incredible example of faith. What a faith to believe God can rescue you from a blazing furnace but to even double down and say...even if He doesn’t save us from that furnace we still won’t bend! It always blows my mind to read this passage...to have a faith like that!
And that's why Jews have a hard time with Jesus Christ. A man claiming to be God !? They can't bend to that ! They would rather be burnt or hung or decapitated or... you get my point... before they bend to a man.

God works in mysterious ways ! Who can understand it ?

Talking faith without talking the grace that god doles out for us to have faith is rather pointless.

Scriptures say that I, for instance, cannot believe without his grace enabling it.

God, IOW, controls who will be saved and who cannot possibly believe.

If Christians actually believed their bible, they would do nothing against non-believers as they would know that god is blocking that belief.

Regards
DL

Lisa

Superstar
And that's why Jews have a hard time with Jesus Christ. A man claiming to be God !? They can't bend to that ! They would rather be burnt or hung or decapitated or... you get my point... before they bend to a man.

God works in mysterious ways ! Who can understand it ?
Soon they will know that Jesus is the savior and they will mourn for missing Him.

Lisa

Superstar
Talking faith without talking the grace that god doles out for us to have faith is rather pointless.

Scriptures say that I, for instance, cannot believe without his grace enabling it.

God, IOW, controls who will be saved and who cannot possibly believe.

If Christians actually believed their bible, they would do nothing against non-believers as they would know that god is blocking that belief.

Regards
DL
I don’t think so Bishop...
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
‭‭2 Peter 3:9‬ ‭

I don’t think so Bishop...
I know, because you do not know your bible.

Here are the quotes you are ignoring. Check the link.

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then the is is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards
DL

Soon they will know that Jesus is the savior and they will mourn for missing Him.
Here are the laws you want Jesus to break to appease your fears. Cowards can never be moral. You might also want to listen to the Bishop in the link. I doubt that you can think in a moral way on this issue thanks to your insecurity and fear. Your clergy must have ruined you early.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The sonshall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquityof the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and thewickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put todeath because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because oftheir fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNup9gEBdg

Regards
DL

Lisa

Superstar
I know, because you do not know your bible.

Here are the quotes you are ignoring. Check the link.

Are non-believers doomed by Divine Design?

Scriptures say that God decides if a person will be a believer or non-believer. Those scriptures are shown in this link.

Those quotes seems to really screw up the free will notion that Christians say God gives us.

The free will that God offers is kind of a joke anyway given the number of people whose free will to live is ignored in the billions of adults, children and babies that God is shown to torture and murder in scriptures.

If the bible and Yahweh are to be believed, and as a non-believer, I, of course, cannot believe it, thanks to God, by God’s design and will against me, then why did God deny me belief or faith?

Even more important to believers, might be to answer the question of; did God make you a believer in things that you can only hope exists and can never confirm?

Are you happy with God ignoring or negating your free will to think as you please?

I have assumed that God’s work of creating both believers and non-believers is working. If that is so, and you believers must think it so, just as I as a non-believer cannot think it is working, --- and Jesus said that those with faith could do all he did and more, --- then the is is not even one believer or person of faith that has ever existed.

Either the bible and Christianity is all a lie, or there must be some who can do what Jesus did.

What is your choice of those two options?

Is the bible and Christianity a lie, or is God just not creating any people with faith, --- which would make all Christians who say they have faith, --- liars.

I mean no insult here but someone is definitely lying, if we read what is written and look at reality and listen to Christians.

What do you think is the truth?

Is it just for God to create people doomed to hell even if they wanted to believe?

Regards
DL
All I know Bishop is that God doesn’t want anyone to perish. You’ve totally skipped over the verse I wrote and went on your little God is responsible for unbelief reply. Let me show you the verse again which says...
The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.
‭‭2 Peter 3:9‬ ‭

Then there is John 3:16
For God so love the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whomsoever believes on Him shall not perish but have everlasting life.

Doesn’t say only certain people these verses talk about everyone in the world. God loves everyone and wants everyone to be saved.

I think the problem comes from 2 things. People’s pride and the constraints of belief..namely that one must believe they are sinners, must repent and then believe that God’s only begotten Son died for their sins to be saved. That’s a lot for some people to get on board with. But God hopes their entire life that they will believe and be saved.
It was while we were all still sinners that Christ died for us, Jesus died anyway for everyone and of course He knew that some people won’t believe but He died for them anyway. God doesn’t make anyone believe maybe that’s what upsets you?

Lisa

Superstar
Here are the laws you want Jesus to break to appease your fears. Cowards can never be moral. You might also want to listen to the Bishop in the link. I doubt that you can think in a moral way on this issue thanks to your insecurity and fear. Your clergy must have ruined you early.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The sonshall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquityof the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and thewickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put todeath because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because oftheir fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKNup9gEBdg

Regards
DL
What do you think I’m afraid of? Sounds as if you are stuck in the old and never took to the new. There is the Good News of the New Testament. Jesus was foreshadowed in the Old Testament and in some places hinted about like Isaiah 53. There is a New Testament which talks about the once for all sacrifice made on behalf of all men and salvation for those who believe...yep it’s grace not works...maybe that’s why you hate it?

Doesn’t say only certain people these verses talk about everyone in the world. God loves everyone and wants everyone to be saved.
Then he should not torture then and kill them in his purposeless hell.

He should do as Jesus said he came to do which was to cure the afflicted and not to kill them.

God is supposed to be a universalist and his love should cure us all yet your own bible says that the vast majority of us will end in hell and destruction.

So much for your god's will, which he will not do if there is the hell that your church has invented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

You can thump all you want, but cannot get past what your own bible says, unless you cherry pick it to the bone.

Try thinking.

Regards
DL

Lisa

Superstar
Not before God pours out His Spirit on them and open their eyes and melt their hearts.
Well, it sounds like it’s gonna be a lot more traumatic than that..but yep, they will come to believe that Jesus is their long awaited Messiah.