Bible the Book of books

TokiEl

Superstar
Jesus said to Peter- "My father has revealed to you that I'm his Son" (Matt 16:13-17)

So good luck mate, maybe one day he'll reveal it to you too.. :p
John 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

John 10 31At this, the Jews again picked up stones to stone Him. 32But Jesus responded, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone Me?”

33“We are not stoning You for any good work,” said the Jews, “but for blasphemy, because You, who are a man, declare Yourself to be God.”

TokiEl

Superstar
Rev 13 16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

This is an enigmatic endtime prophecy about a mark on our right hand or on our foreheads which will be needed for buying and selling in the last days...

We are in God's writ (Revelation 14:9-13) warned not to take this mark... and so we will not be able to buy food.

What is it with this mark which is so bad that death is better than taking it ?

Any Holy spirit filled christian here who can inform us ?

Tidal

Star
Rev 13 16 He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads, 17 and that no one may buy or sell except one who has the mark or the name of the beast, or the number of his name..

The short answer is that NOBODY KNOWS what "the mark of the beast" means..:)
There are plenty of theories flying around, but the consensus seems to be that the mark is not like a tattoo but is some kind of invisible "spiritual mark" which can't be seen by human eyes.

TokiEl

Superstar
The short answer is that NOBODY KNOWS what "the mark of the beast" means..:)
There are plenty of theories flying around, but the consensus seems to be that the mark is not like a tattoo but is some kind of invisible "spiritual mark" which can't be seen by human eyes.
Is this a Holy spirit filled answer ?

Tidal

Star
Tidal said- The short answer is that NOBODY KNOWS what "the mark of the beast" means..:)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is this a Holy spirit filled answer ?
Nah mate, it's my answer..:)
Remember Jesus said there are some things our human brains don't have the horsepower to fathom-
"You hardly believe me when I tell you earthly things, so how would you believe me if I told you heavenly things?" (John 3:12)

but if you're looking for an answer you'd better ask one of them "christians" who like to think they know better than the rest of us poor slobs because they think they hear the voice of God speaking to them personally..:)

Tidal

Star
No offence mate but i asked the Holy spirit to inform us about the mark of the beast... and you came clowning around with your own opinion.L0L

I don't think the Holy Spirit is a member of this forum mate, so if you're waiting for him to answer don't hold your breath.. :p

TokiEl

Superstar
I don't think the Holy Spirit is a member of this forum mate, so if you're waiting for him to answer don't hold your breath.. :p
You may not know.... but the Holy spirit is supposed to be with christians.

So you're saying you don't think a christian is a member of this forum mate...

Tidal

Star
You may not know.... but the Holy spirit is supposed to be with christians.
So you're saying you don't think a christian is a member of this forum mate...

NOBODY KNOWS if they've got the holy spirit or ranks as a true christian in God's eyes; even the great Paul (an ex-hitman on the payroll of the jewish priests) said after he became a christian-
"My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time" (1 Cor 4:3)

TokiEl

Superstar
NOBODY KNOWS if they've got the holy spirit or ranks as a true christian in God's eyes; even the great Paul (an ex-hitman on the payroll of the jewish priests) said after he became a christian-
"My conscience is clear, but that does not make me innocent. It is the Lord who judges me. Therefore judge nothing before the appointed time" (1 Cor 4:3)

1 Cor 2 12We have not received the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given us. 13And this is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom, but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words.

14The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned. 15The spiritual man judges all things, but he himself is not subject to anyone’s judgment.

16“For who has known the mind of the Lord, so as to instruct Him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

TokiEl

Superstar
The book of Revelation is not easy reading... who is able to wrest the meaning of these ?

* the beast from the sea
* the beast from the earth
* the image of the beast
* the mark of the beast
* the number of the beast

Tidal

Star
The book of Revelation is not easy reading... who is able to wrest the meaning of these ?
* the beast from the sea

Well I'd like to have a crack at that one-
"And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy" (Revelation 13:1)
"Corona" is Latin for "crown"-

Lisa

Superstar

* the beast from the sea
* the beast from the earth
* the image of the beast
* the mark of the beast
* the number of the beast
The image of the beast is the image of an actual person..the antichrist. The mark of the beast has his name in it..again an actual person. He provides that you can only buy or sell IF you have the number of his name 666 or his name on your right hand or your forehead.

The beast from the sea is traditionally the person of the antichrist and the beast from the earth is traditionally the false prophet.

Lisa

Superstar
What is it with this mark which is so bad that death is better than taking it ?

Any Holy spirit filled christian here who can inform us ?
It’s because the mark represents the ultimate rebellion against God..you side with the enemy..satan.

TokiEl

Superstar
Well I'd like to have a crack at that one-
"And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy" (Revelation 13:1)
"Corona" is Latin for "crown"-

The global endtime beast got crowns... and as you say the name corona for this global virus means crown.

It's a Divine hint that we're in the endtimes... same with 1 Cor 15:52 last trump

TokiEl

Superstar
The image of the beast is the image of an actual person..the antichrist. The mark of the beast has his name in it..again an actual person. He provides that you can only buy or sell IF you have the number of his name 666 or his name on your right hand or your forehead.

The beast from the sea is traditionally the person of the antichrist and the beast from the earth is traditionally the false prophet.
Ok Lisa.L0L

TokiEl

Superstar
The beast from the sea has ten endtime horns... and the statue in king Nebuchadnezzar's dream has ten endtime toes.

Now we know that the statue represents world powers... the head of gold is Babylon and the chest/arms of silver is MedoPersia and the belly/thighs of bronze is Greece and the legs of iron is Rome and the ten toes partly of iron and partly of clay is.... ?

To answer that question one must study what is written about the beast from the sea in the book of Revelation and Daniel's vision of the four beasts in his book ch 7. One actually has to study if one is to understand what God's writ is talking about.

Lisa

Superstar
The beast from the sea has ten endtime horns... and the statue in king Nebuchadnezzar's dream has ten endtime toes.

Now we know that the statue represents world powers... the head of gold is Babylon and the chest/arms of silver is MedoPersia and the belly/thighs of bronze is Greece and the legs of iron is Rome and the ten toes partly of iron and partly of clay is.... ?

To answer that question one must study what is written about the beast from the sea in the book of Revelation and Daniel's vision of the four beasts in his book ch 7. One actually has to study if one is to understand what God's writ is talking about.
Revelation‬ ‭17:12-13‬ ‭
The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they receive authority as kings with the beast for one hour. These have one purpose, and they give their power and authority to the beast.

Daniel‬ ‭7:24‬ ‭
As for the ten horns, out of this kingdom ten kings will arise; and another will arise after them, and he will be different from the previous ones and will subdue three kings.

Tidal

Star
Regarding the Antichrist, let's not make the mistake of thinking he/she is just one person.
Fact is, there are MANY antichrists of various kinds all around us-
"Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour" (1 John 2:18 )

It's a kind of "spiritual sickness" that infects thousands around the world.
"To the pure all things are pure, but to those who are defiled and unbelieving nothing is pure; but even their mind and conscience are defiled" (Titus 1:15)
"..every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus, is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world" (1 John 4:3)

"Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist, he denies the Father and the Son" (1 John 2:22/3)

Antichrists are everywhere spreading their poison, in politics, science, organised religion and cults, the media, films and TV, schools and colleges etc-
"Many deceivers, who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh, have gone out into the world. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist" (2 John 1:7)
"..for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light." (2 Cor 11:13/14)

Last edited: