Bible the Book of books

TokiEl

Superstar
What is this salvation ?

What must we do to be saved and saved from what exactly ?

Is there a secret to salvation or is it available for all ? For Heaven's sake salvation is as simple to explain as drinking water... stop sinning and start to do what is lawful and right. Everybody who turns from their former evil/wrong ways towards good/right conduct will be saved from Hell.

Who saves ? Jesus Christ. How ? By His beating and His blood He got your former crimes covered.

Why will you change from your former wicked ways ? Because you believe in or have actually met Jesus Christ.

TokiEl

Superstar
Here is a super simple quiz with the correct answers... to check if you live in reality or an illusion.

Is there a God/Creator ? Y/N - Yes the correct answer to that question is Yes there is a God/Creator.

Is that God/Creator the god of the Quran ? Y/N - No the correct answer to that question is No that God/Creator is not the god of the Quran.

Is that God/Creator the god of the Vedas ? Y/N - No the correct answer to that question is No that God/Creator is not the god of the Vedas.

Is that God/Creator the God of the Bible ? Y/N - Yes the correct answer to that question is Yes that God/Creator is the God of the Bible.

I don't know how well the world would do... but perhaps 20% about one billion people would get all four questions right and so be living in reality as opposed to 80% or six billion living in an illusion.

TokiEl

Superstar
What we don't want to hear from God when we stand before Him...

1 Who are you again ?

2 I spot a spot.

3 You gave it a good shot... and I Am truly sorry.

4 Oh you didn't know you were in a race ?

TokiEl

Superstar
Salvation.

Repentant : God i want to turn from my wicked ways...
Christ : Good choice.

Repentant : Who will help me ?
Christ : I will.

Repentant : What will i do ?
Christ : You will do what is lawful and right from here on in.

Repentant : Will you teach me ?
Christ : Yes and I already did in the Bible.

Repentant : What about all my sins ?
Christ : Paid for by My blood.

Repentant : What if i slip and sin ?
Christ : What if you don't ?

Repentant : But my heart is wicked.
Christ : I will give you a new heart.

Repentant : Ok Lord wish me luck.
Christ : Walk with Me.

Repentant : You will not leave me ?
Christ : I Am the good shepherd.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Just a thought...

How can Jesus pay for all of our sins past, present, and future?
by Matt Slick
5/31/2016

To understand how Jesus could pay for all of our sins past, present, and future we first need to understand what sin is. According to 1 John 4:3, sin is breaking the law of God. So, sin deals with the Law, with what is legal. In the famous prayer were Jesus instructed the disciples to pray by saying "Our father who art in heaven, hallowed by thy name..." Jesus speaks of both sin and debt. In the first account of the prayer in Matthew 6:12, Jesus says "and forgive us our debts." In the second account in Luke 11:4, Jesus says "and forgive us our sins." So, we can see that Jesus equate sin with debt. In this case, legal debt.

This is important because legal debts can be transferred. If you owed a bill at a department store, I could go into that store and pay your bill. In the same way that one person can pay the debt of another, Jesus paid our sin debt on the cross. Theologically speaking we call this imputation. To impute means to reckoned to another's account. Our sins were imputed to Christ on the cross. That is, they were reckoned to his account.

• 1 Peter 2:24, "and He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed."
We can see that he bore our sins. That is, the legal debt of our sins was taken by Jesus upon himself. This why it says...

2 Corinthians 5:21, "He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him."

Now we can better answer the question. Since God knows all things (1 John 3:20), everyone's sin is known by God. In other words, because God knows everything, he necessarily knows every sin that everybody will ever commit. Because our sins are against God, since we break his law, he has a record of all of our sins in the past, present, and future. And since legal debts can be transferred (and sin is a legal debt) God transfers all of our sin debt to Christ on the cross. Whether or not it is future or past from our perspective is irrelevant to God who indwells all time simultaneously.

Conclusion
So, that is how Jesus is able to pay for all of our sins past, present, and future. Since God is outside of time, or should we say not restricted by time, all sins that we commit are known by God. Since sin is a legal debt and legal debts can be transferred, then all of our sin debt was transferred to Christ on the cross.

https://carm.org/how-can-jesus-pay-for-all-our-sins-past-present-future

TokiEl

Superstar
I meant what I suggested @TokiEl - it took me years to understand what was clearly stated in these chapters and to hold the ideas clearly together. God bless.
Well you have not clearly communicated your clear understanding of these chapters to me.

Obviously you got a problem with both prospects of continued sinning and stop sinning... so a little sin once in a while ?

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Well you have not clearly communicated your clear understanding of these chapters to me.

Obviously you got a problem with both prospects of continued sinning and stop sinning... so a little sin once in a while ?
I think Romans 6 is pretty clear - count yourself dead to sin.

6 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

[Your question btw ^]

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness.

Bacsi

Star
You guys make God sound like a terrible sadistic evil monster. He isn't.

God is love. He forgives and accepts all people. We are his beloved creation.

TokiEl

Superstar
When was Jesus baptized and crucified ?

Seeing how accurate those Gospel writers were it is reasonable to assume that Jesus was about 30 years +/- 0.5 years in the 15th year of Tiberius Caesar.*1 And since it is said that all the people were baptized before Jesus and we can suppose that John began to baptize in the springtime... Jesus was 30 years +/- 0.5 years in the summer/autumn in the 15th year of Tiberius Caesar.

So Jesus was 30 years +/- 0.5 years in the summer/autumn of 29 AD.*2

We understand from the parable of the barren fig tree that Jesus came looking for fruits of repentance in the nation of Israel for three years. And since He began His ministry in the spring of 30 AD after the wedding at Cana so He came looking for fruits in 30 AD 31 AD and 32 AD. According to the parable He was persuaded to give the fruitless tree one more chance... but as we know He didn't find any that next year either in 33 AD so He cursed it just days before His crucifixion.

Luke 3 1"Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,

2 Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness.

3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;"

21 "Now when all the people were baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying, the heaven was opened,

22 And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

23 And Jesus himself began to be about thirty years of age, being (as was supposed) the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli,"

(Phlegon of Tralles who wrote a historical compendium in sixteen books covering the first 228 Olympiads placed the start of Tiberius reign to Olympiad 198 year 2 [July 14 AD - July 15 AD] .

Sextus Julius Africanus in his Chronographiai correlated the sixteenth year of Tiberius to Olympiad 202 year 2 [July 30 AD - July 31 AD] which would place the first year of Tiberius to Olympiad 198 year 3 [July 15 AD - July 16 AD].

Both authors are correct if January 15 AD was the official start of Tiberius reign and since January is the first month of the year in the Julian calendar and Roman dates were customarily kept according to the names of the two consuls who took office on January then it is reasonable to assume that the first year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar commenced on January 15 AD which would place his fifteenth year of reign in 29 AD.)

TokiEl

Superstar
I understand that, but as there are sins of both omission and commission are you sure you have lived a perfect life since you came to faith in Jesus?
Perfection is a process... and unintentional sins i don't worry about since it is unintentional. So i'm sure the Blood of God got that covered. Speaking of that once before i came to Christ i visited a prostitute and just before the actual act i felt a hand on my shoulder pull me back from what i was about to do... turned out she was married and didn't tell me.

Romans 6, 7 and 8 twice daily till it sinks in...
I should be used to this by now, but the synchronicity on the forum is blowing my mind today. I keep thinking that some day the astonishment will fade. Nope.

Coincidentally, @Bacsi has revealed key points of these same chapters quite perfectly with some very recent posts:
By emphasising the murderers etc. and not themselves as grave sinners, people make a terrible mistake.
Romans 8:5-7
All sins die with your body.
Romans 6:7

I would also like to raise a question regarding Romans 6:19 --- why are Christians still getting sick? Do many of them still believe god is the creator of illness? If so, are they actually committing the "eternal sin" of blaspheming spirit, which only brings life and peace? (8:6 again)
He's the perfect light without a glimpse of darkness in him
^definitely not blasphemy

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I should be used to this by now, but the synchronicity on the forum is blowing my mind today. I keep thinking that some day the astonishment will fade. Nope.

Coincidentally, @Bacsi has revealed key points of these same chapters quite perfectly with some very recent posts:
Romans 8:5-7
Romans 6:7

I would also like to raise a question regarding Romans 6:19 --- why are Christians still getting sick? Do many of them still believe god is the creator of illness? If so, are they actually committing the "eternal sin" of blaspheming spirit, which only brings life and peace? (8:6 again)
^definitely not blasphemy
Lots of angles!

https://vigilantcitizenforums.com/threads/eisegesis-vs-exegesis-worth-noting.3818/

Message me if you like FHM...

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
When the immune system kicks in to fight and kill virus and bacteria there will be fever and ache... there may also be a lesson to be learnt in sickness. Or God might punish someone to the sickbed. If so one just has to endure... praying please God heal me will not help if He answers but I gave it to you.

Bacsi

Star
I consider the Instructions Of Shuruppak and the Vedas as the absolute books of books. Everything else simply pales in comparison, even my own Tengriist runic writings of the early Turks. The Bible in many parts is pretty good, too.

Last edited: