Bible the Book of books

TokiEl

Superstar
The crimson thread remained crimson.

There was a Jewish tradition tied to the Day of Atonement, when a scapegoat bearing the sins of the people would be released into the wilderness (see Leviticus 16). Of course, for those who trust in Jesus, this ritual no longer bore any meaning after 30 AD*, as Jesus took our sins upon Himself on the cross. According to the Babylonian Talmud, though, the scapegoat would wear a crimson (red)-colored strap, and it would become white once it reached the wilderness, indicating that God had forgiven their sins:

“How do we know that a crimson-colored strap is tied to the head of the goat that is sent to [the wilderness]? Because it is said, ‘If your sins be as scarlet, they shall be white as snow’ (Isa. 1:18). By a miracle, this crimson-colored strap turned white, thus showing the people the people that they were forgiven of their sins. Rabbi Ishmael says, ‘Now did they not have any other sign? There was a crimson thread tied to the door of the sanctuary. When the goat had reached the wilderness, the thread would turn white…'” (Tractate Shabbat Folio 86a).

Jerusalem Talmud:
“Forty years before the destruction of the Temple, the western light went out, the crimson thread remained crimson, and the lot for the Lord always came up in the left hand. They would close the gates of the Temple by night and get up in the morning and find them wide open” (Jacob Neusner, The Yerushalmi, p.156-157).

Babylonian Talmud:
“Our rabbis taught: During the last forty years before the destruction of the Temple the lot ‘For the Lord’ did not come up in the right hand; nor did the crimson-colored strap become white; nor did the western most light shine; and the doors of the Hekel [Temple] would open by themselves” (Soncino version, Yoma 39b).

* Actually the act of atonement was transferred to Jesus Christ at that moment in the river Jordan around Yom Kippur 29 AD when the Holy ghost descended upon Him as a Dove. From that moment on He was and is the only One who can forgive sins.

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Regarding the rapture.

Revelation 12 17 "And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

When the devil and his angels are cast down to the earth then he persecutes those one would think would be raptured right ?

So who exactly is raptured and when ?

TokiEl

Superstar
Now the devil got supernatural skills as he is an angel in the class of cherub.

So it's not so surprising that he might be mistaken for God because he is a god.

He is the god of this world or age until God returns in power and great glory.

Luke 4 5 "Then the devil, taking Him up on a high mountain, showed Him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time. 6 And the devil said to Him, “All this authority I will give You, and their glory; for this has been delivered to me, and I give it to whomever I wish. 7 Therefore, if You will worship before me, all will be Yours.”

8 And Jesus answered and said to him,“Get behind Me, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’ ”

Last edited:

TokiEl

Superstar
Mark 6 1 "Then He went out from there and came to His own country, and His disciples followed Him. 2 And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue. And many hearing Him were astonished, saying, “Where did this Man get these things? And what wisdom is this which is given to Him, that such mighty works are performed by His hands! 3 Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?” So they were offended at Him.

4 But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own country, among his own relatives, and in his own house.” 5 Now He could do no mighty work there, except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them. 6 And amazed at their unbelief, He went around teaching from village to village."

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Regarding the rapture.

Revelation 12 17 "And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ."

When the devil and his angels are cast down to the earth then he persecutes those one would think would be raptured right ?

So who exactly is raptured and when ?
I guess it comes down to who the "male child" is (and if one person or plural) in Rev 12 - huios and teknon ...

http://biblehub.com/interlinear/revelation/12.htm

TokiEl

Superstar
I guess it comes down to who the "male child" is (and if one person or plural) in Rev 12 - huios and teknon ...

http://biblehub.com/interlinear/revelation/12.htm

So if the "male child" is raptured...and those who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ are persecuted... then there must be a distinction between the "male child" and say the saints.

And that could be so because Jesus Christ is on record stating that "many are called but few are chosen."

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
So if the "male child" is raptured...and those who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ are persecuted... then there must be a distinction between the "male child" and say the saints.

And that could be so because Jesus Christ is on record stating that "many are called but few are chosen."

ROMANS 8

28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Do you think there might be people who will choose to follow God after the Rapture? I.e. those who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ

TokiEl

Superstar

ROMANS 8

28And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.30Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Do you think there might be people who will choose to follow God after the Rapture? I.e. those who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ
Yes i think so... the martyrs.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Now is always the best time to hear the Good news that God paid in full for our sins and wants a personal relationship with us.

But regarding the rapture we see the saints persecuted at the end of Revelation 12 and so the saints were not raptured but persecuted.
Well, perhaps regarding the Rapture, I guess it hinges on whether you distinguish between the Church and the Saints or not...

TokiEl

Superstar
Well, perhaps regarding the Rapture, I guess it hinges on whether you distinguish between the Church and the Saints or not...
But that is the Church and those are the Saints.

Revelation 20 4 "And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead did not live again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he who has part in the first resurrection. Over such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years."

Anyway i'm not dogmatic about anybody being raptured or not but it sure doesn't look like it.

TokiEl

Superstar
It is probably impossible to convince or convert gov trolls which this forum is infested with as all forums are... so i'm actually typing for the guests and not most active forum members... just so you know that i know.

TokiEl

Superstar
Now the word of the LORD came to me, saying,

.“Son of man, set your face against Gog, of the land of Magog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal, and prophesy against him,

“and say, ‘Thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, I am against you, O Gog, the prince of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal.

I will turn you around, put hooks into your jaws, and lead you out, with all your army, horses, and horsemen, all splendidly clothed, a great company with bucklers and shields, all of them handling swords.

“Persia, Ethiopia, and Libya are with them, all of them with shield and helmet;

“Gomer and all its troops; the house of Togarmah from the far north and all its troops—many people are with you.

“Prepare yourself and be ready, you and all your companies that are gathered about you; and be a guard for them.

“After many days you will be visited. In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely.

“You will ascend, coming like a storm, covering the land like a cloud, you and all your troops and many peoples with you.” Ezekiel 38:1-9

You must excuse our Christian colleagues who do not understand that God foretold that He would bring back His people into Israel.

As you can see it is foretold that Gog is going to act as a guard to a confederation who will attempt to invade Israel. Now i don't presume to know for sure every nation that make up this anti Israel confederacy but it seems safe to say that among them are Iran Turkey Libya and Ethiopia.

And according to geopolitical events going on today it is very tempting to point out Gog the guardian as the President of the Russian Federation.

Actually i think it's a very safe bet.

TokiEl

Superstar
Just another day in our modern Christian land of la la...

Modern Christian : Hey Jesus ehm i died so can i come in...
Jesus: But you're an unrepentant adulterer.
Modern Christian: But i believe in you...
Jesus: L0L

TokiEl

Superstar
Jack Ma. Does he look alien to you ? Does he look like an alien ?

Now the inquisitive will ask if he is Luciferian or Muslim. But that's the same thing.

LostCoin

Rookie

ROMANS 8

Yes, the book of Revelation - while mysterious and requiring a depth of study - is quite clear that many unsaved will hear the Gospel and will be saved during the tribulation.

One thing you will notice over and over in the Bible is that even when God is passing judgement, He still holds the door of mercy and salvation open as long as possible for anyone who will repent (this was even true for the great flood, Sodom and Gomorrah, and many other examples). The phrase "the fullness of the Gentiles" mentioned in Romans 11:28 literally refers to the time that marks when the very last person who WILL repent HAS repented and accepted Christ's salvation. That's it, and that's when God will say "no more". But since He desires that every last person who WILL repent gets a chance to, He will spare the final judgement as long as He can. No one but God Himself knows that day and hour, which is why, although the Bible has given us much knowledge and signs to watch for, it will not be possible to predict when the rapture of the church or the tribulation will occur.

LostCoin

Rookie
Now is always the best time to hear the Good news that God paid in full for our sins and wants a personal relationship with us.

But regarding the rapture we see the saints persecuted at the end of Revelation 12 and so the saints were not raptured but persecuted.
This passage refers to the "saints" who are saved post-rapture, during the great tribulation. A huge wave of new believers occurs after the rapture of Christ's church. Revelation details their great persecution spearheaded by the Antichrist during this awful time.

And some of us think NOW is a difficult time to be a Christian.....this is nothing compared to what's to come.