BEWARE of satan's lies

This should be interesting.
Haha!

Every single possible idea is heresy to someone, somewhere.

News flash: everyone believes whichever ideology they find the most personally appealing, zero exceptions. Everyone is different. Also, I really doubt that any ideology is ever internally conceptualized in the exact same way by two individuals even when it is identical on the surface.

Last edited:

Serveto

Star
Haha!

News flash: everyone believes whichever ideology they find the most personally appealing, zero exceptions. Everyone is different. Also, I really doubt that any ideology is ever internally conceptualized in the exact same way by two individuals even when it is identical on the surface.
Be that as it may, and I tend to agree, but @elsbet is spot on, this should get interesting; @floss, by asking for clarification, perfectly honed in on the (potential) problem, from a Christian (Trinitarian) standpoint, and @Glad 2 know, perhaps, has some explaining to do.

elsbet

Superstar
Haha!

Right.. kind of like everyone eats whichever food they find most personally appealing.

lol
You tempt me toward sarcasm more than I can bear.

Well kind of like that, yeah. It's just not possible to actually believe in an ideology that you do not prefer. Please don't hold back- I enjoy effective sarcasm. :p

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
An explorer with a heart for adventure, upon finding a new country, will seek to understand it as it is, travel it, map it and attempt to unearth it's history.

A settler may visit that same country and immediately set about constructing around them the kind of things and even place names of the familiar. This second group may really have no heart for adventure at all, simply the desire that their surroundings reflect back to them all that is agreeable.

I like explorers better.

elsbet

Superstar
Well kind of like that, yeah. It's just not possible to actually believe in an ideology that you do not prefer. Please don't hold back- I enjoy effective sarcasm. :p
I just thought the matter was self evident. :)
There are people here who claim one religion, but they'll tell you in the next paragraph what they *really* believe.

Where a man's treasure is, there his heart will also be, and all that.

Aero

Superstar
Something we need to think about. Lie #1 We can rule ourselves and we don't need God's rule and we don't need God period. #2 God is the cause of all suffering. #3 He (satan) doesn't exist. #4 God deliberately takes people (death) and there's other lies that I won't mention because I don't want to offend someone that firmly believes in something. Satan loves to deceive and he will twist truths until they're no longer truths and will take something good and turn it bad. Can you think of other lies that satan has propagated?
I have more than a few issues with the whole thing. Except for number 1. I think I agree with that.

If God created the whole show, than he is the cause of all suffering. Maybe other forces micromanage the details, but the point remains. And existence has little meaning to me where Satan is concerned. I feel like these God symbols should be measured by the power they have, and nothing more. Like fuck what ya heard, let's put them to the test.

With that said I think good and evil are pretty balanced cosmically. If I were to believe in good and evil I mean. I'm just seeing scales of power. And I think God does deliberately take people. Maybe it's mercy, or just plain old fashion destiny.

I just thought the matter was self evident. :)
There are people here who claim one religion, but they'll tell you in the next paragraph what they *really* believe.
It should be self-evident, but there are many religious people who don't like to accept that particular perspective.

I think I get what you're saying. I think it's very useful to differentiate the psychology of actual belief and of ideological belief, which is not really belief in a true sense because it represents doubt. I think of beliefs as the things we take for granted to be true and are not necessarily consciously declared or recognized. In a way, ideology is opposite and secondary to actual belief.

Where a man's treasure is, there his heart will also be, and all that.
Collectively, historically, mankind places more value in the illusions and distractions of the ego (money/politics/religion) rather than looking for what is real.

An explorer with a heart for adventure, upon finding a new country, will seek to understand it as it is, travel it, map it and attempt to unearth it's history.

A settler may visit that same country and immediately set about constructing around them the kind of things and even place names of the familiar. This second group may really have no heart for adventure at all, simply the desire that their surroundings reflect back to them all that is agreeable.

I like explorers better.
Same here. Well said.

DesertRose

Superstar
Where does the Holy Spirit fit into this?
Agreed.
We already highlighted our issue with Prophet Jesus being part of God and not God.
tbh I will also never understand why the angel of revelation is also part of God and not God.o_O

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
Agreed.
We already highlighted our issue with Prophet Jesus being part of God and not God.
tbh I will also never understand why the angel of revelation is also part of God and not God.o_O
I don't think the angel in revelation is more than a fellow-servant of God (as he refers to himself). Unless I'm misunderstanding you.. ?

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Do you mean that Jesus is God the Son and not God the Father? otherwise, please explain what you mean by "Jesus a god". Thanks
We have to be very careful how we word this. We know/acknowledge that Jesus is a god due to him being a heavenly/spiritual being with power like his Father. Even though he doesn't have all the might/power exactly like his father, he does possess a certain level. His Father is God, the Supreme and Almighty the one that has always existed and who brought his son into existence. And we must always remember that Jesus never wanted worship for himself, he wanted all the worship for his Heavenly Father. Matthew 4:8-10

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Interesting. If Jesus is "god" is the Father then "God" and if so wouldn't that mean Jesus and God are not One? Where does the Holy Spirit fit into this?
You're right Kung Fu they're not one, they're separate entities. The Holy spirit is God's force/power, it is not an entity. Just like you and I have strength/power to go about our daily lives and accomplish things, we wouldn't say that that strength/power is an entity, it's just something we possess. God's power/force is evident in all the things he created, the vast oceans, the infinite starry universe, the majestic mountains, and the intelligent living creatures that inhabit this earth. He has used his force to create all these things and accomplish his will and he will continue to do so.