BEWARE of satan's lies

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Something we need to think about. Lie #1 We can rule ourselves and we don't need God's rule and we don't need God period. #2 God is the cause of all suffering. #3 He (satan) doesn't exist. #4 God deliberately takes people (death) and there's other lies that I won't mention because I don't want to offend someone that firmly believes in something. Satan loves to deceive and he will twist truths until they're no longer truths and will take something good and turn it bad. Can you think of other lies that satan has propagated?

Vytas

Star
There are thousands in every area of our life...on top of my head
God is (only) love.
we are too bad, too late for us.
law of attraction.
satan as some distant abstraction...
Christians are immune to whatever you think we are...Thats not from God
good deities...it's always him
aliens
popular astrology
sin=pleasure
as long as you don't harm anybody you can do whatever you want

Kung Fu

Superstar
It's ironic that the thread is entitled "Beware of Satan's lies" when the person who made the thread is following the biggest lie according to Israelites and Muslims.

DesertRose

Superstar
It's ironic that the thread is entitled "Beware of Satan's lies" when the person who made the thread is following the biggest lie according to Israelites and Muslims.
Sometimes people do not realize what happened regarding the sanctioning of the trinity by the council.of Nicea.....but I think there is a thread or more about that.

Last edited:

DesertRose

Superstar
Gordon Nuefeld
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/omega-institute-for-holistic-studies/interview-with-gordon-neufeld_b_3118503.html

Putting parents back in the driver's seat for the successful maturation of children. The problems of peer orientation and fake independence before maturation.
Being able to pass the wisdom and know-how from past generations. For example business, cooking, building things etc that previous generations used to easily pass to the next generation.

"Neufeld: Peer orientation is a very new phenomenon, less than 50 years old, which is quite new in the human civilization. Traditionally, children always revolved around the adults responsible for them, be they parents, teachers or grandparents.

But then they began to get their cues, values and bearings from their peers. This happened primarily after the Second World War and was the result of a number of things, such as schooling, urbanization and schools moving outside the child’s village of attachment. Children became more and more separated from the adults, and in that void became attached to their peers.

Peer attachments are not the problem themselves. It’s when they compete with adult attachments that the problems emerge. It’s just like when siblings get attached to each other. If they start revolving around each other, then the parents can’t do anything with them because it’s a competing attachment. The planets are supposed to revolve around the sun, not each other. And when children start revolving around each other, it pulls them out of orbit from their parents and from their teachers, and this is the phenomenon we’re seeing. Children with peer attachments that compete with parent and teacher attachments are very difficult to manage.

These children also lose the conditions that are conducive for their own development. So we have a lot of stuck-ness. True maturation isn’t taking place. This phenomenon has become normal. We think that children belong with each other, that they need each other more than they need parents and teachers. It’s happening with other generations, too. For example, grandparents are becoming peer-oriented. They would rather be with each other than assume their role with their grandchildren"

Highly recommend his book."Hold on to your kids."

Last edited:

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Kung Fu would you mind telling me what that lie is? As far as we know the Israelites worked hard to worship the one true God. I don't know about Muslims so I won't go there.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Some very good answers and some left me a little confused. I'm not quite sure what Vytas means by mentioning God is (only) love so if that could be explained that would be great.

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Just remember what Revelation 12:9 says about him, he (satan) was hurled down to this earth and is misleading the entire earth and his angels were also hurled down with him. I really like to stick with what God says in the Bible, to me God's truth is all that matters.

Kung Fu

Superstar
Kung Fu would you mind telling me what that lie is? As far as we know the Israelites worked hard to worship the one true God. I don't know about Muslims so I won't go there.
You worship a man-god and you know who's fond of man gods, the pagan Romans. If you don't know anything about the Muslims than perhaps you should pick up a copy of the Quran and read it. Here's a hint it talks a lot about One God and that there is nothing comparable unto Him.

rainerann

Star
I’m not quite sure how to word it, but it is illustrated several times in scripture where people think something is too big for god to do anything about. David and Goliath is one of them. Everyone thought Goliath was too big to approach and were scared to even try, but David didn’t think so. David’s faith was bigger than goliaths size and he was able to defeat him with a slingshot.

The other example is Joshua and Caleb If everyone in the wilderness had thought like Joshua and Caleb, the people wouldn’t have been in the wilderness for so long.

This is a good example of apostasy or what apostasy does, and prophecy says an apostasy comes before the end. So the lie of Satan would essentially be the belief that for one reason or another something is to big to overcome.

In other words, I think it is a lie that we have to accept that the world is a sinking ship. The world doesn’t have to be a sinking ship because scripture says we don’t need an army to overcome an enemy.

“No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength.“psalm 33:16

It also says
Joel 2

Yet even now,” declares the Lord,

return to me with all your heart,

jwith fasting, with weeping, and with mourning;

rend your hearts and not lyour garments.”

Return to the Lord your God,

for he is gracious and merciful,

slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love;

and he relents over disaster.

oWho knows whether he will not turn and relent,

and please a blessing behind him,“

So the lie is that we have to accept defeat for one reason or the other. I still don’t feel like I am finding the words to describe what I am trying to say completely, but hopefully this makes some sense.

Another lie that I think is relevant is keeping secrets. It is a lie that keeping secrets protects you. For example, when the priests didn’t speak out against the sins the people were committing before they were taken into captivity, they weren’t helping anyone. It doesn’t help anyone to be fake like the priests were making excuses for bad behavior, favoritism, and injustice. If god is a god of justice, then there is nothing to fear in speaking out even if people insult you for this.

So both lies would seem to be rooted in fear. So it is important to not let fear cause you to believe lies from the enemy.

The thing with overcoming fear is that it is unnatural. Fear comes more naturally to us so when we try to overcome fear, this may seem clumsy at times. Just like we learn that David learned to overcome fear by facing the bear that was threatening his sheep before he faced Goliath. Who know whether he lost a sheep or two in the process. Scripture doesn’t say he never lost any sheep. It just says he defended his sheep from a bear and overcame the bear (1samuel 17). It was from this experience, David defeated Goliath.

So there is no reason to believe we are able to be defeated if we are actively overcoming fear. This will bring reward.

And thanks goodness for the complete Word of God that makes understanding this possible.

Vytas

Star
Some very good answers and some left me a little confused. I'm not quite sure what Vytas means by mentioning God is (only) love so if that could be explained that would be great.
There are some churches who preach and are entirely focused on love. It has a lot of pitfalls. They don't talk about sin they don't talk about repentance, they will never make you feel uncomfortable. Softened and watered down gospel. We take what sounds good and we don't want to hear the rest...Usually they scream about God's love (does he have any other traits?) everywhere and will use it to end any argument...

Glad 2 know

Veteran
Vytas and Rainerann love your answers, so so true. God does want us to be bold and wear the armor of his knowledge so we can defend the Truth. In turn when we're strong we can help those who are not and that way they can become stronger. You're so right, about David, his faith in God and boldness was bigger than Goliath and we can see the results of trusting in God, such a great example for us in these challenging times. And Vytas, I really like how you point out that churches preach too much about love and nothing else. Although God is love and we are made in his image to possess and feel love, he also is Just and merciful. He hates what is bad and he encourage us to do the same as reflected in Psalm 97:10. He's always hated what is bad, that's why when he saw much badness in ancient times he decided to get rid of it all Genesis 6:5,6 We can see that in no way was God happy that the people were acting badly. Yes God has other traits other than love. To better understand we can take a look at Jesus he reflected his Father's qualities so well, besides love. He was also wise, just, compassionate, merciful, bold, forgiving, and stood for the Truth.

elsbet

Superstar
I’m not quite sure how to word it, but it is illustrated several times in scripture where people think something is too big for god to do anything about. David and Goliath is one of them. Everyone thought Goliath was too big to approach and were scared to even try, but David didn’t think so. David’s faith was bigger than goliaths size and he was able to defeat him with a slingshot.

The other example is Joshua and Caleb If everyone in the wilderness had thought like Joshua and Caleb, the people wouldn’t have been in the wilderness for so long.

This is a good example of apostasy or what apostasy does, and prophecy says an apostasy comes before the end. So the lie of Satan would essentially be the belief that for one reason or another something is to big to overcome.

In other words, I think it is a lie that we have to accept that the world is a sinking ship. The world doesn’t have to be a sinking ship because scripture says we don’t need an army to overcome an enemy.

“No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength.“psalm 33:16

It also says
Joel 2

Yet even now,” declares the Lord,

return to me with all your heart,

jwith fasting, with weeping, and with mourning;

rend your hearts and not lyour garments.”

Return to the Lord your God,

for he is gracious and merciful,

slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love;

and he relents over disaster.

oWho knows whether he will not turn and relent,

and please a blessing behind him,“

So the lie is that we have to accept defeat for one reason or the other. I still don’t feel like I am finding the words to describe what I am trying to say completely, but hopefully this makes some sense.

Another lie that I think is relevant is keeping secrets. It is a lie that keeping secrets protects you. For example, when the priests didn’t speak out against the sins the people were committing before they were taken into captivity, they weren’t helping anyone. It doesn’t help anyone to be fake like the priests were making excuses for bad behavior, favoritism, and injustice. If god is a god of justice, then there is nothing to fear in speaking out even if people insult you for this.

So both lies would seem to be rooted in fear. So it is important to not let fear cause you to believe lies from the enemy.

The thing with overcoming fear is that it is unnatural. Fear comes more naturally to us so when we try to overcome fear, this may seem clumsy at times. Just like we learn that David learned to overcome fear by facing the bear that was threatening his sheep before he faced Goliath. Who know whether he lost a sheep or two in the process. Scripture doesn’t say he never lost any sheep. It just says he defended his sheep from a bear and overcame the bear (1samuel 17). It was from this experience, David defeated Goliath.

So there is no reason to believe we are able to be defeated if we are actively overcoming fear. This will bring reward.

And thanks goodness for the complete Word of God that makes understanding this possible.
Life abundantly.. indeed. :)

Glad 2 know

Veteran
I appreciate your reply Kung Fu but I'm not sure what is a man-god. It sounds like you're referring to Jesus? I worship the same God that Noah, Moses, Abraham, Jacob, David, Solomon, Hezekiah, Ezra worshiped, the Creator of all things, the Almighty, our Sovereign Lord and I believe in him and his son Jesus.

Kung Fu

Superstar
I appreciate your reply Kung Fu but I'm not sure what is a man-god. It sounds like you're referring to Jesus? I worship the same God that Noah, Moses, Abraham, Jacob, David, Solomon, Hezekiah, Ezra worshiped, the Creator of all things, the Almighty, our Sovereign Lord and I believe in him and his son Jesus.
Is Jesus God?