Betty Boop

Dreamymoon

Established
This character came out in the 1930’s and to this day is very popular. The character herself is very sexual in appearance and suggestive. She is classed as a sex symbol on wikipedia. Most of her art features her wearing a garter shown to the public. She is buxom, wears A tight dress and has puppy dog eyes and a childlike face. I used to be into her because I liked the art but it’s all very suggestive. She also had some racist tv episodes didn’t she?

Oh gosh, I'm glad SOMEONE finally said it. I had a friend who was OBSESSED with Betty Boop, well at least fascinated by her, and I asked this friend why she likes her so much and she just said, "I don't know, I just do!" What an odd response. The only thing I can think of is that she's brainwashed by this idea or else she would of given me a better response.
The fact that she's overly sexualized, Betty, is what I really don't like about her. We have seen this trope done WAY too many times, and I'm sick of it, by now. Why do we need the constant reminder that we have to be sexy and perfect? Can't we just be ourselves? And the kicker is, this came out back in the thirties, even before promoting a big MK slave that is Marilyn Monroe. This has been going on for far too long, and this is why so many are still so mind controlled by this and can't tell the difference. The programming is so deep, so many still feed it!

BananaLaser

Veteran
There's going to be a movie on this lady Betty Boop, and weirdly Simon Cowell of all people is going to be in it.

And the kicker is, this came out back in the thirties, even before promoting a big MK slave that is Marilyn Monroe.
Oh wow, i didn't know that! For some reason i always thought she was a caricature of some sorts of marilyn monroe, didnt realize she was a predecessor.

Also interesting that it was a female friend that was obsessed with her. I had a male cousin who was obsessed with both betty and marilyn.

Oh wow, i didn't know that! For some reason i always thought she was a caricature of some sorts of marilyn monroe, didnt realize she was a predecessor.

Also interesting that it was a female friend that was obsessed with her. I had a male cousin who was obsessed with both betty and marilyn.
Yeah, I was pretty darn shocked, as well when Dreamymoon mentioned it above! Lol!
I guess this was one of their kind of beginning ways of using the media to mind control us to be sexualized, and sadly, Marilyn had to follow....

Oh wow he was obsessed with both? I guess he was into that whole sexed up female trope from back in the day, that's so sad! Yeah it's so odd to think a female would like Betty. I was so saddened by it!

Dreamymoon

Established
There's going to be a movie on this lady Betty Boop, and weirdly Simon Cowell of all people is going to be in it.

The art of her and the dog is sexual again too… pulling off her dress and she is all “oh dear!” in a cheeky Suggestive way. Seems like she was a very early character, if not the first sexualised woman cartoon character.

BananaLaser

Veteran
The art of her and the dog is sexual again too… pulling off her dress and she is all “oh dear!” in a cheeky Suggestive way. Seems like she was a very early character, if not the first sexualised woman cartoon character.
Imagine what the movie is going to be like...