Bette Davis's Daughter Accuses Her of Witchcraft

Leviathan

Established
I found this article to be very interesting. I know it's only resurfacing now because of that "Feud" show starring Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange, but it's still interesting nonetheless:

A neurotic, controlling and manipulative drunk who indulged in the occult and spent decades trying to break up her daughter’s marriage – that’s the shocking portrayal of legendary film star Bette Davis by her eldest child B.D. Hyman.

Nearly 30 years after Davis died, her daughter is still waging a war against her famous mother in YouTube videos to promote her Christian ministry.

And the fight is even more vicious than the rivalry between Davis and her What Ever Happened To Baby Jane? co-star Joan Crawford, which is recounted in Ryan Murphy’s new TV series, Feud.

Hyman, now 69, who lives in Charlottesville, Virginia is a born-again Christian who runs her own ministry.

In a series of YouTube videos called A Long Day’s Journey Into Light, she shares her ‘testimony’ with her followers.

It includes claims that her mom dabbled in witchcraft, casting spells on her enemies from her bed, and that the star’s ‘demonic’ curse on Hyman and her family led to her grandson’s bipolar diagnosis and her daughter facing terminal cancer.

In a 2015 video, Hyman says: ‘[She] would sit on her bed and she had this big metal wastebasket and she would have her secretary get a piece of clothing from someone who had vexed her, crossed her in her view, and she would take this piece of clothing and she would mumble incoherently and she would then set it on fire and hold it over this metal wastebasket, and laugh as it burned and she dropped it into this container.

‘People’s lives were destroyed. They fell apart. All sorts of horrible things happened to them.’

She also claims to have witnessed her mother’s ‘demonic cackling,’ watching her ‘transform into a Satanic figure, [with] a Satanic face, long claws on the end of her hands,’ scraping at the glass of a terrace door during a 1982 trip to her Davis, California home.

Hyman added that her mother was 'the poster girl for the spirit of control' and described how she became increasingly 'invasive' and destructive' in her and her family's life.

The claims are just another chapter in Hyman’s bitter relationship with her mom, which she exposed in her 1985 tell-all, My Mother’s Keeper: A Daughter’s Candid Portrait of Her Famous Mother.
Four years after the publication of her book, she says she and her family went through a series of hardships including financial ruin, her terminal cancer diagnosis (which she miraculously survived) and her eldest son’s mental breakdown.

She lays all those misfortunes at the hands of the Devil who she says seized upon her mother’s vow to curse the family.

Now claiming that My Mother’s Keeper was a deliberate attempt to severe ties with her mom, Hyman said in a 2015 clip: ‘When I’d written the book she said she would get even with me.

‘She said she would destroy my children. She said she would destroy my life and I just brushed it off.’

Hyman added: ‘Even though mother had died in 1989, the demons that had been attached to her were still working actively against us.’

But she now says that through prayer and faith she has finally cut the destructive ties that bound her to Davis from beyond the grave.

On her B.D. Hyman Ministry website it says that she ‘received God’s solution to her dysfunctional relationship with her controlling mother.’

Davis is widely regarded as one of the greatest actresses in Hollywood history, with more than 100 films, television and theater roles to her name.

She was nominated for eleven Academy Awards for Best Actress in her career, winning two, and was the first female president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Link to the article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4310462/Bette-Davis-daughter-says-mother-practiced-witchcraft.html

And here are links to the YouTube series they were talking about. It is in 4 parts:

So what do all of you think? Is Bette Davis's daughter paranoid and insane or is there something to her stories?

Aero

Superstar
She seems like a satanist to me. Out for personal gain, with little regard for others.

I haven't read the book but it doesn't seem like her mom physically abused her, or went overboard on the sadism. Never trust a celebrity, that's what I've learned.

choose2know

I'm not impressed with her ministry and it seems she's certainly taken advantage financially of her "difficult" life being the daughter of a celebrity as per books, talk shows, and tv. I see no joy in her. Indeed she seems bitter, not delivered.

rainerann

Star
I've never heard of this lady and don't really have an opinion about her. However, I found a documentary I watched years ago about witchcraft in the early years of Hollywood. At around 1:25 it goes through the history of Rudolph Valentino and his wife's experience with automatic writing. I am pretty sure it talks about parties they would have where there were spells they messed around with.

It's interesting and rather tragic history. Rudolph Valentino died very young. Anyways, it is long, but fairly well researched on the subject of witchcraft and early Hollywood if anyone is interested.