Bella Thorne... Another Disney Victim, Eh?

tanayahenry

Rookie
A recently-ish [october] turned 19-year-old and newly proclaimed bisexual Bella Thorne is giving me all types of victim vibes. Of course, this is to be expected considering she's another Disney child star but... wow?

She recently made her Playboy debut. And what do you know? Covering one eye while showing glimpses of her boobs:

That little thing her back. Reminiscent of the devil, right?

She's extremely provocative and no, I'm not here to shame anyone at all. Her body, she can do whatever she wants with it. But, c'mon? Here are a few snapchats from last night with a friend. Wtf?
She posts a series of similar ones daily, showcasing her nipple piercings through skimpy clothing and all types of other... antics. She's changed drastically, she's had quite a bit of work done on her face (Google images will back me up!), and I'm sure quite a few young girls still look up to her.

She did pay homage to Marilyn recently..

She wears different colored wigs often. The current color of her natural hair is blue, but she still wears red wigs every so often. Could they represent her different alters? Or, y'know, maybe she just likes diverse colors.

A younger Bella w. The Mickey Mouse, leapord-print ears:

Guys, she plays the song below alll the time on her snapchat. And happily sings along to it.

I feel like she's going downhill pretty quick. It's terribly sad.

Aero

Superstar
You guys love throwing around the victim title. She's worth 2 million dollars and looks pretty healthy.

JayGirl10

Rookie
Seems like another millennial raised in Hollywood according to "do what thou wilt" standards. She's turning into another Kylie Jenner clone. It's a shame. With all that youth and money I'd get a good education and devote my time and money to helping others more. Not being extremely superficial and trashy. Terrible role models for girls like most big celebrities. Time will tell if she's really bad off though i think. She's not that huge and hasn't pulled a huge Amanda or Miley.

Aero

Superstar
Having a whole lot of money doesn't automatically make you happy or okay, especially in Hollyweird. Also, I just turned 20 and don't behave this way so...
I'm not saying money makes you happy. But to call victim, for behavior that can more accurately be described as "acting out". Is kind of silly. I mean there are real victims of crimes out there, and this girl is far from one of them. Maybe she has been "tricked" by the industry, but in my eyes that makes her more a victim of herself. And it's a choice she apparently makes, and continues to make. So who are we to judge?

tanayahenry

Rookie
I
You guys love throwing around the victim title. She's worth 2 million dollars and looks pretty healthy.
I mean... this thread was a question to VC forum members mostly, just to gather opinions and stuff. I'm just saying.. the good girl goes bad thing is pretty common amongst Hollywood chicks and is a telltale sign to me – y'know, especially considering she was 11 when her Disney show aired. Suuuure, maybe she's just acting out. I'm 19 and very social, pretty open-minded and whatnot but, *I* haven't personally been around anyone that acts like this and then broadcasts it for the whole world to see. ‍♀

tanayahenry

Rookie
Seems like another millennial raised in Hollywood according to "do what thou wilt" standards. She's turning into another Kylie Jenner clone. It's a shame. With all that youth and money I'd get a good education and devote my time and money to helping others more. Not being extremely superficial and trashy. Terrible role models for girls like most big celebrities. Time will tell if she's really bad off though i think. She's not that huge and hasn't pulled a huge Amanda or Miley.
It's just a drastic change to how she was a few years back, hell... a drastic change to how she was less than a year ago. She's definitely not up there with Miley or the rest, but she's still pretty established with what seems like a solid young fan-base. And regardless of whether the chick is a victim/slave or not, I'm pretty sure she's playing into their hands, exactly the way they want.

Aero

Superstar
I

I mean... this thread was a question to VC forum members mostly, just to gather opinions and stuff. I'm just saying.. the good girl goes bad thing is pretty common amongst Hollywood chicks and is a telltale sign to me – y'know, especially considering she was 11 when her Disney show aired. Suuuure, maybe she's just acting out. I'm 19 and very social, pretty open-minded and whatnot but, *I* haven't personally been around anyone that acts like this and then broadcasts it for the whole world to see. ‍♀
Ya I get that. But it's common among a lot of girls actually. Obviously not to the degree of someone with moderate fame, I mean we all experience the "spotlight syndrome". Feeling like we are more important than we actually are. I see a lot of girls "coming of age" and discovering new things. Like alcohol, and sex. We can't just expect them to be perfect little girls forever, but I do admit there is high potential for her to go down a dark path.

Lisa

Superstar
Ya I get that. But it's common among a lot of girls actually. Obviously not to the degree of someone with moderate fame, I mean we all experience the "spotlight syndrome". Feeling like we are more important than we actually are. I see a lot of girls "coming of age" and discovering new things. Like alcohol, and sex. We can't just expect them to be perfect little girls forever, but I do admit there is high potential for her to go down a dark path.
I think what people are trying to say to you that while it's common to change from childhood to adulthood-the changes in this person are severe enough to not be normal in their opinions...they being close to her age.

Aero

Superstar
I think what people are trying to say to you that while it's common to change from childhood to adulthood-the changes in this person are severe enough to not be normal in their opinions...they being close to her age.
The only normal people are the ones you don't know very well. -Alfred Adler

tanayahenry

Rookie
Look at her from shake it up and look at Zendaya, one is more famous, cool and classy, other took a 360 like miley.

sad
Right. Zendaya seems like a positive role model. I mean, I don't follow her or hear much about her, but from what I have... yeah. And Bella just doesn't seem right to me. But what do I know. *little shrug emoticon*

tanayahenry

Rookie
Yeah, and honestly, I actually do understand where you're coming from. It's not completely out of the ordinary for young women to go through a stage of transformation – good or bad – but it's hard for her newfound appearance and actions to not raise alarm bells in my head, given the fact she's the epitome of what they loooove to push on the youth. And my thing is... comparing the 'evidence' I presented above to some of the more apparent "slaves," there's quite a few similarities.

heyyor

Rookie
I'm not saying money makes you happy. But to call victim, for behavior that can more accurately be described as "acting out". Is kind of silly. I mean there are real victims of crimes out there, and this girl is far from one of them. Maybe she has been "tricked" by the industry, but in my eyes that makes her more a victim of herself. And it's a choice she apparently makes, and continues to make. So who are we to judge?
She's definitely a victim of bad parenting at the very least just due to the fact of being a child actor since at least the age of 11. I don't see her current bizarre displays of very public, extremely embarrassing behavior as indicative that her particular showbiz parents weren't some of the worst when rating on the Lohan/Cyrus scale

rainerann

Star
I've wondered about her for years. The Disney show she was on was really good. She's a very pretty, creative personality. I can't help but worry about all the girls I see on those shows. I have just read too many stories of abuse and the way it is set up. There are a bunch of news articles saying that doing the show was how her family avoided becoming homeless.

http://www.refinery29.com/2017/04/151182/bella-thorne-disney-family-homelessness

In real life away from Hollywood, it is reasons like this that cause teachers to manipulate students into being abused; or, extended family members to abuse children. It's still only speculation, though. Unfortunately, time will tell in cases like these. Hopefully, that won't always be the case and we can prevent the damage that often reveals the abuse before it happens.

Nicole

Rookie
I remember about a year or two ago when Tyga was getting a lot of flack for dating one of the Jenner girls because of the age difference. Bella Thorne was dating another Disney Channel star, can't think of his name but played a werewolf on Wizards of Waverly Place, at the same time and they the same age difference and nothing. No fanfare. I'm sorry if it's off topic but saw this thread and thought I'd post it since I thought it was kinda odd at the time.