Beirut Port Explosion

Wigi

Veteran

So the people actually living in Lebanon are blaming Iran/Hezbollah, not Israel, for destroying their country. Interesting.
Without disagreeing with what you posted there, why Macron and the US embassy says "We support the people in their right to peaceful protest" while in France and USA it was a normal thing that cops and mysterious militias came to beat protesters and remove our right to protest ?
The hypocrisy of western governments makes me sick.

justjess

Superstar
Without disagreeing with what you posted there, why Macron and the US embassy says "We support the people in their right to peaceful protest" while in France and USA it was a normal thing that cops and mysterious militias came to beat protesters and remove our right to protest ?
The hypocrisy of western governments makes me sick.
Beat me to it. Thank you. Was going to say Lebanon is looking an awful lot like America these days. We just sanctioned China and Hong Kong too for their treatment of protesters. I think America needs to take a cold hard look in the mirror and stop being disgusting hypocrites. Either stop doing it here or stop condemning others for doing it there. Case of “do as I say, not as I do” and it’s gross.

https://www.the961.com/protestors-hq-association-of-banks/amp/

Late on Saturday, protesters took over the headquarters of the Association of Banks amid massive protests in Central Beirut.

They stormed into the building, shouting anti-government chants, spraying similar phrases on its outer walls, breaking its windows, and damaging its interior.

The protesters then set the headquarters on fire.

This comes after the protesters took over the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Economy and Trade.

DavidSon

Star
Escobar- Who Profits From the Beirut Blast?

"The Beirut explosion at first sight might be seen as a deadly blow against the Belt and Road Initiative, considering that China regards the connectivity between Iran, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon as the cornerstone of the Southwest Asia Belt and Road corridor.

Yet that may backfire – badly. China and Iran are already positioning themselves as the go-to investors post-blast, in sharp contrast with the IMF hit men, and as advised by Hezbollah Secretary-General Nasrallah only a few weeks ago.

Syria and Iran are in the forefront of providing aid to Lebanon. Tehran is sending an emergency hospital, food packages, medicine and medical equipment. Syria opened its borders with Lebanon, dispatched medical teams and is receiving patients from Beirut’s hospitals."

Interesting! Maybe these are the aircrafts most people say they heard right before the explosion.

One comment on the "Goodbye" graffiti. A fair amount of us speak in English even to each other (I do that all the time with people who also know English. It's kind of a way for some of us to seem more western). Many parents even talk to their toddlers in either English or French. And a lot of graffiti is also done in English. So it's not something unusual. But I do think the shot is eerie (meaning and position).

Does anyone know anything about rain usually following as an aftermath of such an explosion from ammonium nitrate? It's suprisingly cloudy and rainy today even though it's 30 degrees (very unusual for scorching August). Would the rain be poisonous?

Great! Now news of some of our overfilled landfills being at threat of exploding or something, due to the gases they release, is spreading. Is this fearmongering or are some people scared of being blamed because of what happened in Beirut and are coming out before it's too late? ‍

Thunderian

Superstar
Great! Now news of some of our overfilled landfills being at threat of exploding or something, due to the gases they release, is spreading. Is this fearmongering or are some people scared of being blamed because of what happened in Beirut and are coming out before it's too late? ‍
The people here will only provide answers that somehow blame Israel.

Thunderian

Superstar
Have you considered the fact that their television news spews out the same propaganda bollocks as your's does this creating civil unrest?..... or is this just a bit too far fetched for you?
Yeah, what do those stupid Lebanese people know?