Beer

True World Order

Established
Shouldn't religion be kept in the religion section? You should it move it there where Thunderian has made a thread instead of spamming this one. Just saying!
That thread was a spin off of this one. I don't think it is spamming, it is just where every conversation on here seems to go. I don't really see a problem so long as the more topical thread about alcohol stays on topic...

True World Order

Established
When Muslims take a verse out of the context of the rest of scripture it's always good for a laugh. It's especially funny when they cite context to support a view of the verse that is completely out of context to begin with.
How do Muslims take things out of context?

Are you not taking what Jesus said out of context when he said "why do you call me good?" by comparing what he said there with something else he said at another time in a completely separate conversation?

If I were to mash up a bunch of different quotes from you, from completely different posts and use them to say you said something and this is what you meant by it, you would say I'm twisting your words, so why do you do that with what Jesus said?

Thunderian

Superstar
How do Muslims take things out of context?
By cherry-picking verses and ascribing properties to them that are non-existent. It's as ridiculous as when non-Muslims try and take verses from the Quran and make them say something that no Muslim would ever believe they are saying.

Are you not taking what Jesus said out of context when he said "why do you call me good?" by comparing what he said there with something else he said at another time in a completely separate conversation?
Do you not think that Jesus was consistent in the things he said? He said, in various places, that he was the good shepherd, that he and God were one, and that he had been with God from the beginning. There is nothing in scripture where Jesus ever denies that he is God -- only statements from him that showed that he was. In the context of all this, for him to say, as you believe, that he is not good is completely at odds with everything else he said. But Muslims take this one verse, decide on an interpretation of it that suits them, and promote it to the exclusion of the rest of the Bible. It makes no sense, and when someone like me who knows the Bible reads it, it's very hard not to just laugh.

A Christian who knows the Bible can read that verse and not think for a minute that Christ is denying that he is good because we know the other statements that he made about himself. So we read that verse, correctly, as Jesus saying, "If you are calling me good, and only God is good, are you not admitting that I am God?"

If I were to mash up a bunch of different quotes from you, from completely different posts and use them to say you said something and this is what you meant by it, you would say I'm twisting your words, so why do you do that with what Jesus said?
If you can find something I have said about myself that completely contradicts everything else I have said about myself -- which is what you are saying that Jesus Christ did when he said that only God was good -- then you will have proved your point. So please, be my guest.

@Thunderian

Other than texts, what do you have that ''proves'' that Jesus is God Almighty?

@Tanya I don't think we are ruining this thread since all of life is dependent on God Almighty. That being said, every aspect of life should be lived according to His Will and not according to what our whims and desires dictate us to. Actually, i think that the OP would rather that people post anything that makes sense on his thread rather than not comment at all. Just saying.

Tatilina

Star
@Thunderian

Other than texts, what do you have that ''proves'' that Jesus is God Almighty?

@Tanya I don't think we are ruining this thread since all of life is dependent on God Almighty. That being said, every aspect of life should be lived according to His Will and not according to what our whims and desires dictate us to. Actually, i think that the OP would rather that people post anything that makes sense on his thread rather than not comment at all. Just saying.
I don't think Lurker would agree and nor do I believe this is what he intended when he created the thread. It is to talk about your favourite beer, not whether or not it is drinking it a sin. Religion should be kept in the religion section. As far as I know, Lurker isn't religious neither is the lounge section. People come to the lounge to get away from it.

I don't think Lurker would agree and nor do I believe this is what he intended when he created the thread. It is to talk about your favourite beer, not whether or not it is drinking it a sin. Religion should be kept in the religion section. As far as I know, Lurker isn't religious neither is the lounge section. People come to the lounge to get away from it.
Lol, are you his spokesperson?

Have you noticed that he liked my first post?

Okay. Do you like beer? Have you ever tried it? Maybe I haven't had the right one yet, but I think they are gross.
I am ashamed to say that i had tried it at some points in my life and had even liked it. I am even tempted to drink it but i fear God and i think that's the better choice between drinking and abstaining from it.

I thought they were gross too at first coz you know, the body naturally rejects what its Maker Has Not Intended for it during this lifetime, but then afterwards it grows on you and it's like you've forced your body to accept it and find a liking for it. I just really hope God Forgives me for these past mistakes. Amen...

Tatilina

Star
I am ashamed to say that i had tried it at some points in my life and had even liked it. I am even tempted to drink it but i fear God and i think that's the better choice between drinking and abstaining from it.

I thought they were gross too at first coz you know, the body naturally rejects what its Maker Has Not Intended for it during this lifetime, but then afterwards it grows on you and it's like you've forced your body to accept it and find a liking for it. I just really hope God Forgives me for these past mistakes. Amen...
I love wine, sparkling wine and champagne. You can buy alcoholic beverages that are so low in alcohol content that no matter how much you drank, you couldn't get intoxicated from it. For me, it has to be sweet, it can't be dry.

I love wine, sparkling wine and champagne. You can buy alcoholic beverages that are so low in alcohol content that no matter how much you drank, you couldn't get intoxicated from it. For me, it has to be sweet, it can't be dry.
Well no matter how much alcohol a drink contains, it's forbidden nonetheless. Our bodies are not ours to begin with. They have been lent to us by God Almighty. He Sent His Message through the Last Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Prayers be upon him) in which the whole of humanity is commanded to abstain from intoxicants.

Qur'an Chapter 2 Verse 219 They ask you about intoxicants and games of chance. Say: In both of them there is a great sin and means of profit for men, and their sin is greater than their profit...

The sin of consuming the said intoxicant is greater than its profitability no matter how much you consume of it. If God Is Saying that in it is a great sin, then there's no question concerning the fact that we should avoid it at all costs.

But given that many do not believe the Qur'an to be the last-to-be-revealed and unchanged word of God Almighty, i will say this:

Consider all the disasters caused by alcohol. That in itself should be a message from God to you that you don't want any of those to happen to you and/or anybody else, hence the reason to abstain from it. Precaution is better than cure. Body's not ours. Let's stop taking it for granted. Be thankful to God for everything and consider those truthful messages seriously simply because you don't happen to read them randomly.

Last edited:

Tatilina

Star
Well no matter how much alcohol a drink contains, it's forbidden nonetheless. Our bodies are not ours to begin with. They have been lent to us by God Almighty. He Sent His Message through the Last Prophet Muhammad (Peace and Prayers be upon him) in which the whole of humanity is commanded to abstain from intoxicants.

Qur'an Chapter 2 Verse 219 They ask you about intoxicants and games of chance. Say: In both of them there is a great sin and means of profit for men, and their sin is greater than their profit...

The sin of consuming the said intoxicant is greater than its profitability no matter how much you consume of it. If God Is Saying that in it is a great sin, then there's no question concerning the fact that we should avoid it at all costs.

But given that many do no believe the Qur'an to be the last-to-be-revealed and unchanged word of God Almighty, i will say this:

Consider all the disasters caused by alcohol. That in itself should be a message from God to you that you don't want any of those to happen to you and/or anybody else, hence the reason to abstain from it. Precaution is better than cure. Body's not ours. Let's stop taking it for granted. Be thankful to God for everything and consider those truthful messages seriously simply because you don't happen to read them randomly.
It may forbidden for you, but it is not for me because I am not a Muslim and nor will I ever be. In fact, I am enjoying a lovely bottle of moonbeam today. :)

I'm sorry that you are missing out! Have a great day.

It may forbidden for you, but it is not for me because I am not a Muslim and nor will I ever be. In fact, I am enjoying a lovely bottle of moonbeam today. :)

I'm sorry that you are missing out! Have a great day.
Fact: everybody who believes in A Supreme Force Responsible for all of creation is a Muslim.

That's what the term ''Muslim'' means by the way. It simply means somebody who is conscious that God Is Watching him/her at all times. Also that person makes God his/her Beloved since he/she would have realized that he/she would have been nothing without Him.

I really wish you would get that preconceived idea concerning what a Muslim is or isn't according to the general media out of your mind. I mean, have you been brainwashed?

Is that all what you care about? The pleasures of this world? You're only enjoying the deception of illusion, trust me. It's ephemeral. It doesn't last. Nothing lasts in this world. You'll have to work to get the same pleasure again and again and again. There's no end to our desires. However, there's that thing called satisfaction. Perhaps you've heard them singing that they can't get no satisfaction? Now you know why!

Well, i am sorry/happy to reply to you that the joys of abstention, though painful and bitter at first, become blissful after some time by the Will and Benevolence of God Almighty. I really wonder what can be better than somebody enjoying praying to God Almighty more than anything else in the world... Thank you though and have a great day too!

Lurker

Star
Please keep religion in the religion section. Thanks.
Tbh, I don't mind...let threads go where they're going to go. But I see your point, with the number of religious people on this board it probably is best to keep it somewhat contained.

Back on topic, Midas Touch is still available and there's a habanero sculpin that I'm drooling over.