Bassnectar

Violette

Star
So before I recently revived my walk with Christ I was heavily involved with the electric dance community (EDM). There was one artist in particular that I really liked that goes by the name Bassnectar. He has a cult following at this point. I remember listening to one of his video on YouTube and reading a comment that he was a satanist and he mixes his music with Norwegian death metal. That's a pretty heavy accusation. But the more I listened to his music, observed his symbol and art the more suspicious of his music I became. Here are some pictures of his symbol,album art, and festival family photo.
IMG_2067.JPG IMG_2068.JPG IMG_2069.JPG IMG_2070.JPG

I go to a lot of music festivals but I'm growing more and more concerned about the festival culture. I read once that they have these festivals to get lots and lots of energy from people, but why? Most festival goers claim to not be religious but it is centered around new age philosophy. They always have yoga, sell tapestries with new age symbolism, majority of the tattoos I see are chakra related, lotus flowers, and sacred geometry. Bassnectar sticks out because he's at almost every festival as a headliner and they schedule him so that everyone can see him perform. Usually there's at least two big acts at once so you have to choose. My ex couldn't listen to his music because some of the noises nauseated him. He said that his music goes against music theory. I think Bassnectar would be a great artist for VC to do an article on.

TMT

Star
Well if you (sadly) went back to an old religion, of course people having a good time is always satanic.
Music festivals are great, I've known people who have seen avatars of Pan at them, which I suppose is also Satanic to you.

Violette

Star
Well if you (sadly) went back to an old religion, of course people having a good time is always satanic.
Music festivals are great, I've known people who have seen avatars of Pan at them, which I suppose is also Satanic to you.
I love music festivals and go to them often. The people there are friendly and just want to dance and party. But they're typically on drugs which makes them more susceptible to subliminal messages or harmful situations in general. I'm more concerned with the artists than the attendees. Music has a strong effect on people and if an artist I like is creating music that has a sinster message then I'd like to be aware. I actually went to a music festival a couple of weekends ago and it was great. However, on the last night in the camping area there was a girl screaming like she was being murdered and convulsing all over the ground. The way her body was moving didn't even look human it looked like she was being tossed around by something. I've seen lots of people completely out of their mind on drugs but this was way scarier. And of course I think Pan in satanic, there's several reasons. He's associated with sex and music so I'm not surprised people have seen him at music festivals since it's a pretty sexual community based around music.

TMT

Star
I love music festivals and go to them often. The people there are friendly and just want to dance and party. But they're typically on drugs which makes them more susceptible to subliminal messages or harmful situations in general. I'm more concerned with the artists than the attendees. Music has a strong effect on people and if an artist I like is creating music that has a sinster message then I'd like to be aware. I actually went to a music festival a couple of weekends ago and it was great. However, on the last night in the camping area there was a girl screaming like she was being murdered and convulsing all over the ground. The way her body was moving didn't even look human it looked like she was being tossed around by something. I've seen lots of people completely out of their mind on drugs but this was way scarier. And of course I think Pan in satanic, there's several reasons. He's associated with sex and music so I'm not surprised people have seen him at music festivals since it's a pretty sexual community based around music.
I've seen dozens of people have seizures and it does look like possession, and that's what humans thought for a long time.

Biotio

Established
Interesting topic. I can see how music can reflect and mimic our inner state of being. If we are angry, the music we 'choose' will reflect this anger, likewise if we are feeling sad/depressed, the same deal...

TMT

Star
Yes devvie, some humans have these things called seizures that cause the body to shake, following? And for a long time our ignorant ancestors guided by even more ignorant religions have called it demon possession. See? :)

Devine

Star
Yes devvie, some humans have these things called seizures that cause the body to shake, following? And for a long time our ignorant ancestors guided by even more ignorant religions have called it demon possession. See? :)
aww your so rude but kinda funny. at least i am laughing this time. i get what you said now.