Baptist church exposed as "inclusive" - are all churches going society's path?

JoChris

Superstar
This was on my suggested list. Youtube must be tracking cookies too (previous secular thread)?!!

Dated 1 July 2018.
I couldn't believe it. Surely it had to be another denomination than my own narrowminded, judgemental, bible-bashing one that even Christians like mocking .....

Nope. Here is their statement. Note rainbow colours and word "inclusive". https://fbcpaloalto.org/about/
Weddings of all genders welcomed on another page. So any bible-believing Christians in that area - you have been forewarned to steer clear of that church.

Is there any major church other than Roman Catholic that isn't being carried along with the tide of social pressure (image of dead fish comes to mind)? If anything suggests Last Days/ End Times to me, it is false religion truly coming out of the closet alongside LGBTQ (etc) supporters.
I have seen Baptist pro-gay advocates expressing support for celibate homosexuals. I never thought I would see Baptist churches marrying them. Is this USA only?

Thunderian

Superstar
The term Baptist doesn't mean what it used to, and that's for sure. There is no unity in the denomination any longer.

The church I belong to is a Baptist church. We sing the old hymns and we use the King James, and we have a transsexual in our church. She doesn't come because we fly a rainbow flag. She comes because we love her and she knows she needs Jesus. She understands that as far as the Bible is concerned, inclusivity means that all have sinned, and all come short of the glory of God.

Churches don't need to be inclusive to reach LGBT people. They need to preach the entire Bible and let the Holy Spirit do his work.

JoChris

Superstar
The term Baptist doesn't mean what it used to, and that's for sure. There is no unity in the denomination any longer.

The church I belong to is a Baptist church. We sing the old hymns and we use the King James, and we have a transsexual in our church. She doesn't come because we fly a rainbow flag. She comes because we love her and she knows she needs Jesus. She understands that as far as the Bible is concerned, inclusivity means that all have sinned, and all come short of the glory of God.

Churches don't need to be inclusive to reach LGBT people. They need to preach the entire Bible and let the Holy Spirit do his work.
Another KJV Baptist church attendee! I hadn't known any KJV only churches until I moved to this little town.

Your church has a great attitude. Welcoming to all sinners, but still naming sin as sin. I hope she appreciates your church's honesty and hospitality equally.

My pastor actually said when the gay marriage plebiscite was passed that the church would seriously consider marrying church members ONLY if churches started being hassled to provide wedding services to gay couples. To be a church member you have to be in total agreement with their doctrinal statement.