Baptism... It's What Pagans Did

Thunderian

Superstar
Listen, I was simply trying to connect with the knowledge that you cling to in order to bridge the gap of your misunderstanding. According to their source: the Catholic Church in their Encyclopedia, they were initially released anonymously
So the Catholic Church said something, and you think that's going to make a difference to me. Why not argue based on what the Hindus say about the gospels? It would mean exactly as much to me.

However the information you are going off of is that Mark was an author. My point in either case is why should we trust "Mark," who wasn't even an eye witness according to Jochris.
My belief, as I have told you before, is that Mark was an eyewitness, and he certainly knew people who were, so that falls flat, too.

I don't buy that he was the author at all. Understand?
What I understand is that you stepped in your own nasty mess, and now you're sliding around in it, trying to convince me it's not what it really is.

King David

Established
So the Catholic Church said something, and you think that's going to make a difference to me. Why not argue based on what the Hindus say about the gospels? It would mean exactly as much to me.

My belief, as I have told you before, is that Mark was an eyewitness, and he certainly knew people who were, so that falls flat, too.

What I understand is that you stepped in your own nasty mess, and now you're sliding around in it, trying to convince me it's not what it really is.
You're wasting My time. A man of wisdom would acknowledge he is engaged in paganism. You are deaf, dumb, and blind. :(

Thunderian

Superstar
Sooner or later, KD, people are going to notice that you abandon your own threads rather than face hard questions.

I would have hoped that archangels were brighter than this.

King David

Established
Sooner or later, KD, people are going to notice that you abandon your own threads rather than face hard questions.

I would have hoped that archangels were brighter than this.
What you're not getting is that the Catholic Church is behind the entire New Testament. You may not want to accept that, but that's the Truth. That's one of the points I'm trying to get you to understand.

The other is that you are engrossed in pagan traditions. You accept these traditions, because the Christian religion evolved out of the Catholic church and not the church of the Most High.

The one who has repeatedly dodged hard questions is YOU. You still can't explain Ezekiel 42:13 and 46:12 and why there will be sacrifices again if Jesus was the final sacrifice. You still can't explain the Prince. You still haven't answered how it is possible that a man died for another man's sins, when the Father says, "every man shall die for his own sin." Deut 24:16, Jer 31L30, Ezekiel 18:20.

You disappear every time I ask these "hard questions," because you are deceived and a deceiver.

JoChris

Superstar
What you're not getting is that the Catholic Church is behind the entire New Testament.
*Sigh*.
There is another school of thought that the Christian church slowly became the Roman Catholic Church after becoming the Official Religion. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Catholic_Church
Over the centuries Christian groups who tried to return to the biblical ways and teachings were greatly persecuted by the RC church.
You disappear every time I ask these "hard questions," because you are deceived and a deceiver.
Because it is speculation from someone who has repeatedly shown an inability to use the bible in context.

Thunderian

Superstar
The one who has repeatedly dodged hard questions is YOU. You still can't explain Ezekiel 42:13 and 46:12 and why there will be sacrifices again if Jesus was the final sacrifice. You still can't explain the Prince. You still haven't answered how it is possible that a man died for another man's sins, when the Father says, "every man shall die for his own sin." Deut 24:16, Jer 31L30, Ezekiel 18:20.

Every time you accuse me of avoiding questions, I remind you of the questions I asked you first that you still have to answer. As I have repeatedly said, I will address your misunderstanding of scripture as soon as you explain how you have proved who wrote each book of the Old Testament, and what language each was originally written in. Remember?

Thunderian

Superstar
These aren't that hard for people who know the Bible.

First, Ezekiel 42:13 and 46:12.

42:13 - Then said he unto me, The north chambers and the south chambers, which are before the separate place, they be holy chambers, where the priests that approach unto the LORD shall eat the most holy things: there shall they lay the most holy things, and the meat offering, and the sin offering, and the trespass offering; for the place is holy.

46:12 - Now when the prince shall prepare a voluntary burnt offering or peace offerings voluntarily unto the LORD, one shall then open him the gate that looketh toward the east, and he shall prepare his burnt offering and his peace offerings, as he did on the sabbath day: then he shall go forth; and after his going forth one shall shut the gate.

The short answer is that during the millennial reign of Jesus Christ, the sacrifices outlined in the Old Testament will again be performed in the Temple that is described in Ezekiel 40-48. The nation of Israel will finally be in possession of the land that God promised to the seed of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and will be fulfilling all the terms of their covenant with God. These sacrifices during the Millennium are also noted in Isaiah 56:6-8; Zechariah 14:16; and Jeremiah 33:15-18.

Sacrifices never took away sin. Read in Isaiah 1:

11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.

Sacrifices were always an object lesson about sin. Sin is offensive to God and it causes death, and that will not change during the reign of Jesus Christ on earth.

As to the prince. I'm not sure what you want me to explain. Please clarify.

Lastly, your question as to how one man can die for another's sin doesn't make any sense when you have already accepted the idea of sacrifices. Each man is under a death sentence for his own sin, but the Old Testament is full of verses about sin offerings that God commanded and accepted in lieu of death. As noted, these did not ultimately please God, or satisfy the requirements of his holiness.

Jesus substituted his own death for ours, and this did please God. Isaiah 53 prophesied of Jesus Christ's sacrifice:

10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

King David

Established
These aren't that hard for people who know the Bible.

First, Ezekiel 42:13 and 46:12.

42:13 - Then said he unto me, The north chambers and the south chambers, which are before the separate place, they be holy chambers, where the priests that approach unto the LORD shall eat the most holy things: there shall they lay the most holy things, and the meat offering, and the sin offering, and the trespass offering; for the place is holy.

46:12 - Now when the prince shall prepare a voluntary burnt offering or peace offerings voluntarily unto the LORD, one shall then open him the gate that looketh toward the east, and he shall prepare his burnt offering and his peace offerings, as he did on the sabbath day: then he shall go forth; and after his going forth one shall shut the gate.

The short answer is that during the millennial reign of Jesus Christ, the sacrifices outlined in the Old Testament will again be performed in the Temple that is described in Ezekiel 40-48. The nation of Israel will finally be in possession of the land that God promised to the seed of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and will be fulfilling all the terms of their covenant with God. These sacrifices during the Millennium are also noted in Isaiah 56:6-8; Zechariah 14:16; and Jeremiah 33:15-18.

Sacrifices never took away sin. Read in Isaiah 1:

11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.
12 When ye come to appear before me, who hath required this at your hand, to tread my courts?
13 Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.

Sacrifices were always an object lesson about sin. Sin is offensive to God and it causes death, and that will not change during the reign of Jesus Christ on earth.

As to the prince. I'm not sure what you want me to explain. Please clarify.

Lastly, your question as to how one man can die for another's sin doesn't make any sense when you have already accepted the idea of sacrifices. Each man is under a death sentence for his own sin, but the Old Testament is full of verses about sin offerings that God commanded and accepted in lieu of death. As noted, these did not ultimately please God, or satisfy the requirements of his holiness.

Jesus substituted his own death for ours, and this did please God. Isaiah 53 prophesied of Jesus Christ's sacrifice:

10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
Utter foolishness...

God/Jesus is bigger and better than any of these deceptions you are focusing on. They were already prepared for all the evil. In all the tactics of man, God still left us a book that helps guide us through life - it only works if you have the Holy Spirit and are willing to listen to It's guidance. Do you believe in the Holy Spirit? Your take on Archangel Michael is crazy and I'm coming to believe that you only write on this forum to cause distractions. You are a unique type of evil. A modern day know it all that I bet does literally nothing to make this world a better place. You are an (or I should say you believe you are) intellectually elite person but I have yet to see another person make such a fool of themselves. I absolutely believe in baptism no matter who had ever done it before or it's origins in the Bible. Real believers are given God's Holy Spirit and they allow it guide them in life. It becomes their reasoning for right and wrong and it leaves them at peace in their struggles through this life. You are full of lies and deception. You don't know God nor do you want to know God. You simply want to confuse and fight. Stop dominating this forum, it's annoying to see all your stupid articles every day.

The Spirit

When someone accepts Jesus Christ in their heart they are bestowed with the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the greatest gift the world has ever received, even superior to the Bible. The Bible is the recorded word of God and great way to learn God’s ways but it can do a person no good if they’re not open to the actual Spirit of God. In the same way digital glasses are necessary to see clearly and bring a 3D movie to life the Holy Spirit makes the Bible a living piece of art that allows God to illuminate the truth of His word.

The Holy Spirit lives inside each and every Christian. It is the actual Spirit of God that when accepted enters the hearts of Christians and helps guide them into becoming the people they were made to be. The Holy Spirit opens up a gateway of direct supernatural communication with our creator and Heavenly Father. It is given to Christians to guide them in their transformation from children of the world to Children of God.

The Spirit helps Christians overcome their carnal nature and offers each person the ability to build a tangible relationship with their Heavenly Father. It also equips Christians with power and is the main weapon needed to defeat Satan and all his evil ways. Although all true Christians are blessed with the Holy Spirit few appreciate the gift and foster it with love and discipline. Just like a developmental disability can leave an adult with the mind of a child, many Christians have allowed pride, selfishness and a lack of discipline to stunt their spiritual growth and trap them as infants in their development as Children of the Almighty God.

Thunderian

Superstar
Utter foolishness...
Another devastating rebuttal.

For those keeping track, KD has repeatedly shown himself to be inconsistent in his arguments, not willing to answer direct questions about the claims he makes, and completely unprepared to defend any of his Biblical positions.

King David

Established
I spent an hour an a half on a rebuttal this morning that did not want to post for some reason. It was a sign among others to Me not to continue to waste My time with you. The truth is that the Father despises you.

Thunderian

Superstar
I believe that Islam, as well as Judaism, has ceremonial bathing rituals. I am wondering what makes Christian baptism pagan, and these acts, not.

Yahda

Veteran
Which Christianity are you referring to as Christians do not even have holidays.

Find me one antiquated Christian group pre Rcc that was steeped in paganism.

The idea in itself is pagan. Son/SUN worship.....

Christianity has nothing to do with The Most High. You all follow the teachings of Jesus the SUN.....everything about it is BLASPHEMY and pagan. To be following anyone but God is pure blasphemy. Yet Christianity entire existence and the word itself is based on following another entity/god and it's teachings. It's sad most can't see the OBVIOUS.

That's those goSPELLS ( gospels) we speak of. Most Christians can't think straight.

Last edited:

DisenfranchisedDespot

Established
The idea in itself is pagan. Son/SUN worship.....

Christianity has nothing to do with The Most High. You all follow the teachings of Jesus the SON....everything about it is BLASPHEMY and pagan. To be following anyone but God is pure blasphemy. Yet Christianity entire existence and the word itself is based on following another entity/god and it's teachings. It's sad most can't see the OBVIOUS.

That's those goSPELLS ( gospels) we speak of. Most Christians can't think straight.
Well I am quite pleased you are so enlightened. May you enjoy your sacrifices to a defunct and destroyed temple.