Banned in most countries, OK in the USA

Sibi

Star
  • GMOs - genetically modified food - 90% of all soybean cotton and corn, also sugar beets, alfalfa, canola, papaya, and summer squash
  • Animal Antibiotics rBGH and rBST in milk and other products
  • Beef with growth promoting synthetic hormones like Zeranol and Melengestrol acetate - can increase cancer risks
  • Farm-raised salmon are banned in countries like Australia and New Zealand because they are raised on an unnatural diet of grains and icky drugs like antibiotics. These additives leave the salmon with gray skin, and then that gets made to look pink with synthetic astaxanthin. This doesn’t sound great, because it isn’t. Synthetic astaxanthin can be toxic.
  • Chicken with Arsenic - arsenic is allowed in the US because it promotes growth and boosts pigmentation. EPA calls it a human carcinogen. The arsenic put in American poultry can kill a human being if consumed in a high enough dosage.
  • Chicken washed in chlorine - banned in EU since 1997.
  • Stevia - Potential disturbances in fertility and other negative health impacts
  • Synthetic Food Colors - Red 40, Yellow 5, Yellow 6, Blue 1, Blue 2, Green 3, Orange B, and Red 3 are among the food colors associated with hyperactivity. More on food dyes causing behavior problems.
  • Brominated vegetable oil (BVO), emulsifier found in Mountain Dew, Gatorade, Powerade and Squirt — and around 10 percent of all drinks sold in the US . It’s been linked to major organ system damage, birth defects, growth problems, schizophrenia, and hearing loss, which explains why it’s been nixed in more than 100 countries.
  • BHA & BHT - found in cereal, butter, meat, snack foods, and more. BHA is even listed under “reasonably anticipated” human carcinogens.
  • Meat made with ractopamine - causes weight gain in animals, linked to heart disease
  • Olestra - It not only removed unwanted fat from foods but also negated the body’s ability to absorb essential vitamins. Side effects include cramps, gas, and loose bowels, diarrhea.
  • Azodicarbonamide, or ADA, used as a whitening agent and can help bread rise faster and last longer. It is also used to make rubber yoga mats. ADA has also been shown to increase your risk of asthma, cause diarrhea or cyanosis, affects your gut microbiota (which can lead to disease), and even makes you more susceptible to depression.
  • Potassium bromate bread bleach that also decreases baking time - causes cancer. Banned in the EU, China, Brazil, and Canada.

The FDA is definitely not looking out for our best interest. In fact it seems the opposite that they are deliberately trying to kill us. And they only care about money. So whoever pays them off. They are like a prostitute but worse. Some prostitutes have some ethics but the FDA has none.

Brominated vegetable oil (BVO), emulsifier found in Mountain Dew, Gatorade, Powerade and Squirt — and around 10 percent of all drinks sold in the US . It’s been linked to major organ system damage, birth defects, growth problems, schizophrenia, and hearing loss, which explains why it’s been nixed in more than 100 countries.
This ingredient is also found in something called Glucola, which is a drink they try to force pregnant women to drink during pregnancy to test for gestational diabetes. Makes zero sense to force pregnant women to drink something that has been linked to birth defects - unless the point is to increase the chances of producing children with birth defects.

While glucola is largely considered to be safe, some of the ingredients it contains give people a bit of pause. While the crux of the glucola drink is the 50 grams of glucose that it contains, many also contain artificial colors, artificial dyes and a substance called BVO (brominated vegetable oil).

• BVO, or bromated vegetable oil, is an emulsification agent used in citrus drinks. BVO has actually been banned in many countries due to concerns about potential toxicities. To be fair, concerns about the effects of BVO are related to long-term use, not the amount found in a single glucola drink.
  • The inflammatory effects of artificial colors and dyes on the body are being studied more and more and while the amount in the glucola drink is minimal, many people want to avoid unnecessary exposure.
While gestational diabetes can be serious, it is possible to simply do blood tests after meals to see if there is a blood sugar spike. Not giving medical advice lol, but that's what i've done and my doctors have all been fine with it.

as far as i know, it is OK. its melon-like and grown in southern china, so if you live in the temperate zones, you probably could grow it yourself.
I have read that most monk fruit Is actually erythritol. I myself have a bag of it made by Lakanto. On the front it says it is Monk Fruit sweetener but when you look at the back the main ingredient is erythritol which I think is stevia. I personally hope stevia is harmless because I use this brand often. Best sweetener is xylitol though in my opinion.

peridot

Established
I have read that most monk fruit Is actually erythritol. I myself have a bag of it made by Lakanto. On the front it says it is Monk Fruit sweetener but when you look at the back the main ingredient is erythritol which I think is stevia. I personally hope stevia is harmless because I use this brand often. Best sweetener is xylitol though in my opinion.
Erythritol and stevia are different. The brief bit of research I did on this mentioned them as two separate sweeteners and that erythritol had a slightly more bitter taste. But that article also said both were a "more healthy" alternative to sugar, and now there appears to be proof that stevia has serious issues, so there you go.

peridot

Established
A couple of the comments I just read tonight mentioned that "it looks like they are trying to kill us!"

There was an radio broadcaster that used to say, if some set of facts don't make sense
(e.g., why are so companies and government agencies supporting foodstuff that can harm humans),
start looking how those set of facts DO make sense.
(maybe they ARE trying to harm humans....).

If you've ever read or heard "The New Order Of The Barbarians," there is a section in there that since introducing some (fun) foods and other toxic items into the public was not causing cancer and killing off enough people fast enough to get the human population down to a more "acceptable" level, people at high levels of industry, medicine, etc would start introducing more and more items (medicines, food, atmospheric conditions, toxic fabrics, etc) that would kill of people faster.

A couple of the comments I just read tonight mentioned that "it looks like they are trying to kill us!"

There was an radio broadcaster that used to say, if some set of facts don't make sense
(e.g., why are so companies and government agencies supporting foodstuff that can harm humans),
start looking how those set of facts DO make sense.
(maybe they ARE trying to harm humans....).

If you've ever read or heard "The New Order Of The Barbarians," there is a section in there that since introducing some (fun) foods and other toxic items into the public was not causing cancer and killing off enough people fast enough to get the human population down to a more "acceptable" level, people at high levels of industry, medicine, etc would start introducing more and more items (medicines, food, atmospheric conditions, toxic fabrics, etc) that would kill of people faster.
Somewhat related, on the toxic fabrics subject, I found out recently that many brands of clothing have extremely high levels of BPA, which can be absorbed through the skin. Seems to be part of the depopulation plan.

The Center for Environmental Health (CEH) sent legal notices to 14 athletic wear brands after testing revealed some of their clothing items — sports bras and athletic shirts — could be exposing wearers to high levels of BPA, it said last week in a press release. Specifically, the clothes may expose people to up to 22 times the safe limit of BPA, in accordance with California law. The brands notified include popular names such as Nike, PINK, Athleta, The North Face, All in Motion, Brooks, Mizuno, Reebok, New Balance, FILA, and Asics. They have 60 days to work with the agency to fix the violations. If the violations remain unremedied, CEH will file a complaint.

Exposure isn't limited to ingestion. "Studies have shown that BPA can be absorbed through skin and end up in the bloodstream after handling receipt paper for seconds or a few minutes at a time," said Kaya Allan Sugerman, Illegal Toxic Threats program director at CEH, in the organization's release. "Sports bras and athletic shirts are worn for hours at a time, and you are meant to sweat in them, so it is concerning to be finding such high levels of BPA in our clothing," she continued. “Sweat acts as a solvent and has been found to pull contaminants out of clothing," adds Jimena Díaz Leiva, Ph.D., Science Director at CEH.

BPA mimics estrogen and can interrupt the body's normal methods of functioning, including reproduction and metabolism along with growth and development, according to the CEH.

Exposure to BPA is especially concerning for people who are pregnant. A fetus is more sensitive to BPA than an adult, and the consequences of exposure can "last a lifetime," Hugh Taylor, M.D., chair of the department of obstetrics and gynecology and reproductive sciences at Yale University and chief of obstetrics and gynecology at Yale-New Haven Hospital who has studied BPA, tells Shape.

Consequences may include behavioral changes, fertility issues, and risk of estrogen-sensitive diseases, such as breast cancer and endometriosis, he adds. "If the clothing is releasing BPA, this is something that is quite concerning and surprising and something that manufacturers should know to avoid."
Seems the only way to avoid these chemicals on clothing is wearing only undyed organic cotton or something, but unfortunately that's unrealistic for many people (including myself lol).