Bankers, arms makers expect Iran war profits

justjess

Superstar
I was talking to this Vietnam vet the other day. A coworker. He said that this country “needs” another war. He said he sees all the signs that what is coming down the pipeline again.. he said it’s 1933 all over again.

This will be devastating.

z gharib

Veteran
Strangely enough, Lincoln knew the real influences at work behind the Civil War, and when it was over, he said:
"As a result of the war, corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until wealth is aggregated in the hands of a few and the Republic is destroyed. I feel at this moment more anxiety for the safety of my country than ever before, even in the midst of the war."

When Woodrow Wilson returned to America for the last time, he was an enlightened man. He had seen all his great ideals scattered like chaff; he had even lost faith in the Covenant. In an address at St. Louis, September 1919, he said:
'Why, my fellow-citizens, is there any man here, or any woman—let me say, is there any child here—who does not know that the seed of war in the modern world is industrial and commercial rivalry? . . . This war, in its inception, was a commercial and industrial war. It was not a political war.'