Ayurvedic Medicine

Devine

Star
Is anyone else interested in Ayurveda or learning more about it? I have no formal training, besides a life long self education from the community I live in, but I would love to discuss if anyone would like to learn more. Thanks!

Devine

Star
also if anyone would like to message me privately about their health affliction i may have advice

Devine

Star
here's a couple: sleep with your head facing east if possible Never north. just sitting quietly and feeling your pulse is a very good practice. cmon guys tell me your health problems lol !

umphreak

Established
I always thought the Ayurvedic thing was interesting but weird and sometimes I couldn't wrap my head around it. Like, don't followers of Ayurveda avoid garlic and onions? Or is that just a TM movement specific thing. I always remember when I worked at Calabria's Pizza back in the day, that we couldn't put onions on the pizzas that were for slices, because all the TM folks wouldn't eat them. Always thought that was bizarre because garlic and onions are not only super delicious, but super healthy.

elsbet

Superstar
here's a couple: sleep with your head facing east if possible Never north. just sitting quietly and feeling your pulse is a very good practice. cmon guys tell me your health problems lol !
Hmm.. I sleep with my body (head) pointing East, but my face is obviously *looking* South. Is that what you mean?

What is the significance?

Vixy

Star
I have no idea what this auryedic stuff is but..You got anything for detoxing copper?

Devine

Star
I always thought the Ayurvedic thing was interesting but weird and sometimes I couldn't wrap my head around it. Like, don't followers of Ayurveda avoid garlic and onions? Or is that just a TM movement specific thing. I always remember when I worked at Calabria's Pizza back in the day, that we couldn't put onions on the pizzas that were for slices, because all the TM folks wouldn't eat them. Always thought that was bizarre because garlic and onions are not only super delicious, but super healthy.
garlic and onion get used more like you would medicine, too strong for daily consumption :)

Devine

Star
Hmm.. I sleep with my body (head) pointing East, but my face is obviously *looking* South. Is that what you mean?

What is the significance?
pointed east :) everything is about the sun. ideally you'd have a house facing east, where the sun rises, when you walk out your front door. :)

Devine

Star
I have no idea what this auryedic stuff is but..You got anything for detoxing copper?
well i too am loooking into heavy metal detox because my kid is obsessed with hot wheels cars and ive seen its full of heavy metals. so far ive heard of chlorella to detox metals. but ive never heard of over copper usually you'd hear someone is low oncopper? i thought copper pipes were most healthy for water too?

Vixy

Star
well i too am loooking into heavy metal detox because my kid is obsessed with hot wheels cars and ive seen its full of heavy metals. so far ive heard of chlorella to detox metals. but ive never heard of over copper usually you'd hear someone is low oncopper? i thought copper pipes were most healthy for water too?
Ive tried both chlorella and that other stuff. None of it worked on me. Probbaly due to a calcium shell,

Dalit

Star
I looked into this awhile back, in my mid-20s, and couldn't really get behind the philosophy of it since it doesn't jive with what I personally believe. Plus, I thought I fit in two different categories of the three and it tells you what to eat and seems to favor vegetarianism. Forgot about the onions and garlic thing. Onions and garlic are super healthy and should be added to recipes, especially Italian ones. Just be sure to brush your teeth after before breathing in someone's direction or get an Altoid. :) It also recommends a lot of grains.

Personally, I think just cutting out sugar and flour is doing wonders for me and removing inflammation I suspected, but didn't know for sure, I had. That being said, with any major change to diet and lifestyle, be sure to supplement appropriately. Have been having major hamstring and calf cramping and think it's from a depletion of minerals like potassium and magnesium. Will start eating more bananas and potatoes and may supplement potassium. Already supplementing with magnesium.