Avengers Endgame

mecca

Superstar
Or those people are probably just fans doing their fanboying/fangirling. I'd call the people looking at those reactions and acting like the world is ending, the mad ones.
People have been following the marvel universe since their childhood, from comics to films. Its obvious that they would feel towards such a massive crossover. The people looking too deep into this just probably don't know what fandoms are.
Yeah it makes sense to care about characters that you've grow up with... but it's truly not that big of a deal because it's literally not real. You can be disappointed for a bit, but you'll eventually get over it. People don't need to overreact.

manama

Star
Yeah it makes sense to care about characters that you've grow up with... but it's truly not that big of a deal because it's literally not real. You can be disappointed for a bit, but you'll eventually get over it. People don't need to overreact.
People cry at movies, i've had complete breakdowns while reading books. I think its normal. People need to stop looking too deep into it honestly.

mecca

Superstar
why does there need to be a quota on the number of heterosexuals in the film?
i dont care and do not want to know what their sexual identity or gender politics are. just hire the damn actor/actress based on MERIT. for lefties, LGBTQ quotas always supersede talent. thats why lefties like you are the racist ones.
Your quote didn't say anything about a quota... and no, I am not racist in any way. There are many talented LGBT and non-white actors and they should have a shot at playing a role that represents them too. If you truly didn't care about their sexuality/gender then it really wouldn't matter if there were some LGBT characters. Moviegoers should be able to see characters that they can relate to as well.

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
Your quote didn't say anything about a quota... and no, I am not racist in any way. There are many talented LGBT and non-white actors and they should have a shot at playing a role that represents them too. Other people should be able to watch characters that they can relate to as well.
let me ask you this: if the white hetero actors/actresses do a better job for the role, should some of them be excluded from the film to make room for LGBTQ inclusion?

mecca

Superstar
let me ask you this: if the white hetero actors/actresses do a better job for the role, should some of them be excluded from the film to make room for LGBTQ inclusion?
Creating non-white or not heterosexual characters doesn't exclude white and heterosexual characters or actors... They can both exist alongside each other, as opposed to how it is currently done with the vast majority of characters and actors being white and heterosexual. If most characters are white heterosexual men, then that excludes all of the other actors from getting important lead roles. There should be a balance, and people should be able to see a diverse range of characters and perspectives in movies. Non-white people should be able to see characters that can represent them as well... there's nothing wrong with that.

polymoog

Superstar
Creating non-white or not heterosexual characters doesn't exclude white and heterosexual characters or actors... They can both exist alongside each other, as opposed to how it is currently done with the vast majority of characters and actors being white and heterosexual. If most characters are white heterosexual men, then that excludes all of the other actors from getting important lead roles. There should be a balance, and people should be able to see a diverse range of characters and perspectives in movies. Non-white people should be able to see characters that can represent them as well... there's nothing wrong with that.
answer my question and quit dancing around it.

more diversity being shoved down your throats, coming to a new marvel movie soon!

https://screenrant.com/marvel-mcu-avengers-endgame-diversity-joe-russo/

In an interview with Variety, Kevin Feige, the cast of Avengers: Endgame, and its directors, Joe and Anthony Russo, opened up about their experiences in the MCU. And, while the focus revolved around the concluding film in Phase Three of the franchise, Joe Russo explained that the future of the MCU will be much more inclusive, saying, "The future of these movies will be an inclusive one. Diversity, both in front of and behind the camera, will be its gold standard."

great... nothing like a big fat helping of identity politics with your film:

Marvel Studios Kevin Feige Promises LGBTQ Characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
https://boundingintocomics.com/2018/06/28/marvel-studios-kevin-feige-promises-lgbtq-characters-in-the-marvel-cinematic-universe/

by the way, for those who saw the film, did anyone catch the big feminist moment when all the female characters gather around captainess marvel in the middle of a battle for female solidarity? give me a break.

the scene is at 2:27:10. if this is what the bad guys are fighting against, i want them to win.
As always the true “outrage culture” is from the right. Oh noes womenz and teh gayz ruining my superhero movies and my childhood!

polymoog

Superstar
As always the true “outrage culture” is from the right. Oh noes womenz and teh gayz ruining my superhero movies and my childhood!
not that i care at all about comic books or superheros (even as a kid i didnt like it), but re-working or remaking original works so that it includes 21st century gender politics programming and being "woke" is a disgrace.

mecca

Superstar
answer my question and quit dancing around it.
I just told you. White and heterosexual people aren't being excluded from movies... they've been the majority of actors and characters for years. The fact that the vast majority of characters have been white heterosexual men means that the industry has been excluding women as well as non-white and non-heterosexual people in movies for years making them disproportionately represented in important roles. If you create a white character then the only pool of actors that you can choose from will be white. Since most characters are white, that excludes all non-white people from playing important roles. And many straight actors are cast to play LGBT characters as well. So since the majority of actors that are cast in movies are white and heterosexual, there's nothing wrong with deciding to hire a talented non-white actor to play a non-white character or an LGBT actor to play an LGBT character. If people actually make an effort to cast non-white and LGBT actors, that will improve representation in films and make it more equal, it doesn't exclude white people from films it simply includes other people.

polymoog

Superstar
I just told you. White and heterosexual people aren't being excluded from movies... they've been the majority of actors and characters for years. The fact that the vast majority of characters have been white heterosexual men means that the industry has been excluding women as well as non-white and non-heterosexual people in movies for years making them disproportionately represented in important roles. If you create a white character then the only pool of actors that you can choose from will be white. Since most characters are white, that excludes all non-white people from playing important roles. And many straight actors are cast to play LGBT characters as well. So since the majority of actors that are cast in movies are white and heterosexual, there's nothing wrong with deciding to hire a talented non-white actor to play a non-white character or an LGBT actor to play an LGBT character. If people actually make an effort to cast non-white and LGBT actors, that will improve representation in films and make it more equal, it doesn't exclude white people from films.
my Q again: if the white hetero actors/actresses do a better job for the role, should some of them be excluded from the film to make room for LGBTQ inclusion?
answer yes or no.

mecca

Superstar
my Q again: if the white hetero actors/actresses do a better job for the role, should some of them be excluded from the film to make room for LGBTQ inclusion?
answer yes or no.
They aren't being excluded in the first place... white, straight actors are continuously cast as the few LGBT characters that are written. Your hypothetical scenario is not really occurring. I don't have a problem with the idea of straight actors playing LGBT characters as long as LGBT actors can also play straight characters. The problem in the film industry is that LGBT actors are hardly allowed to play any characters... not even LGBT ones. Heterosexual actors are continuously being placed above LGBT actors and LGBT actors who are just as qualified are being excluded. They are overlooked for LGBT roles but not seen as suitable for heterosexual roles. LGBT actors are pigeonholed into only going for LGBT roles, but those roles are still primarily given to heterosexual actors. I see no problem with deciding to hire an LGBT actor to play an LGBT character even if there are non-LGBT actor candidates since LGBT people have been excluded from movies for years. LGBT actors are more likely to be able to truly express that aspect of an LGBT character's identity.

We currently have heterosexual writers and directors creating lgbt characters and casting straight people to play them.... if feel like real LGBT people should be included in there somewhere. The film industry wants to make money from portraying the lives and struggles of LGBT people without letting actual LGBT people tell their own stories or become successful in the industry themselves. I don't think that's fair. So if some people are recognizing this and deciding to cast a few qualified and talented LGBT people, then I think that's fine.

And if a character is white as most are, then non-white people can't even play the character... which is why it's good to include more important non-white characters into movies as well. It's really the casting director's choice though and in reality, they don't solely cast based upon who's the "most talented" actor for the role... they choose the actor based upon who's face will make them the most money among other factors. This is one of the reasons why they overlook openly LGBT actors. I think that as things become more equal, this will no longer even be a problem and we will see non-white or non-heterosexual actors getting a fair shot at playing a character that represents themselves without being excluded... we can see both white and non-white characters in important roles.

Last edited:

polymoog

Superstar
They aren't being excluded in the first place... white, straight actors are continuously cast as the few LGBT characters that are written. Your hypothetical scenario is not really occurring. I don't have a problem with the idea of straight actors playing LGBT characters as long as LGBT actors can also play straight characters. The problem in the film industry is that LGBT actors are hardly allowed to play any characters... not even LGBT ones. Heterosexual actors are continuously being placed above LGBT actors and LGBT actors who are just as qualified are being excluded. They are overlooked for LGBT roles but not seen as suitable for heterosexual roles. LGBT actors are pigeonholed into only going for LGBT roles, but those roles are still primarily given to heterosexual actors. I see no problem with deciding to hire an LGBT actor to play an LGBT character even if there are non-LGBT actor candidates since LGBT people have been excluded from movies for years. LGBT actors are more likely to be able to truly express that aspect of an LGBT character's identity.

We currently have heterosexual writers and directors creating lgbt characters and casting straight people to play them.... if feel like real LGBT people should be included in there somewhere. The film industry wants to make money from portraying the lives and struggles of LGBT people without letting actual LGBT people tell their own stories or become successful in the industry themselves. I don't think that's fair. So if some people are recognizing this and deciding to cast a few qualified and talented LGBT people, then I think that's fine.

And if a character is white as most are, then non-white people can't even play the character... which is why it's good to include more important non-white characters into movies as well. It's really the casting director's choice though and in reality, they don't solely cast based upon who's the "most talented" actor for the role... they choose the actor based upon who's face will make them the most money among other factors. This is one of the reasons why they overlook openly LGBT actors. I think that as things become more equal, this will no longer even be a problem and we will see non-white or non-heterosexual actors getting a fair shot at playing a character that represents themselves without being excluded... we can see both white and non-white characters in important roles.
i am still waiting for you to answer me.

neptunejoo

Established
Now that I think about it. Tony Stark does represent the elite, his superpower comes from the machines he builds and he was supposed to dead but the blue thing on his chest keeps him alive. It reminds me about the lore of the elite that they have some sort of disease that make them got to drink human blood or depend on machine to continue living.

His conflict with captain america, and hydra being secret society who brainwashes people, turn soldier like Bucky to be a supersoldier. And Steve spent 2 movies defending Bucky, as if telling us all MK Ultra puppets are innocent. Even though they kill millions people (including the elite's parents if necessary).

Wakanda, a hidden highly advanced technology society, has the rarest metal on the earth, possibly from meteor (means government harvest or keep the public out from knowing that this kind of metal exists.

Scarlet Witch, the combination of witchcraft with technology. I will say infinity stones are metaphysical entities.

Doctor Strange is the guard of time. Possibly, time travel does exist but it requires the unseen power, magic.

Also doctor strange is a witch. Only the one with this power knows how.

Soul stone, a soul for a soul.

To attain these metaphysical powers, you gotta sacrifice your most beloved.

And not all them gotta make sacrifice, only the selected ones who have the quest to gain the soul stone.

Quantum realm, i do believe this realm exist. A realm where time does not work like in this 3D dimension. but i am not sure you have to be little to access it. However you need special technological advance to do this. Probably witchcraft too.

Alternative universes, there are theories that we actually have this. At least 7 universes happen simultanously. This could be a way telling us they find a way to cross universes and it requires the opening gate of quantum realm.

Captain America, LGBT undertone, diversities agenda I refrain myself to have opinion about these.

Hulk is the representation of dual personalities. A genius one and a beast. Multiply personalites have been the theme several times, Glass featuring James McAvoy.

I tend to categorize it with secret society and MK Ultra, just like Winter Soldier

But somehow the advanced victim can intergrate the beast and the self and can be useful.

What else?

Fat Thor?

Thanos, for me thanos represent the devil, a powerful ones who seek for these metaphysical stones because he knows their power and the human also aware of this treat.

He has army of the unseen.

All aliens like mantis, drax, gamora, groot are the creatures of the unseen.

Somehow maybe there are breeds of humans and these metaphysical beings like Quil. And they can be powerful.

Asgardian probably the society of the unseen. And they've been regarded as gods and goddess for centuries because they have special powers. But they are not gods. They are the djins. They can die.

neptunejoo

Established
Now that I think about it. Tony Stark does represent the elite, his superpower comes from the machines he builds and he was supposed to dead but the blue thing on his chest keeps him alive. It reminds me about the lore of the elite that they have some sort of disease that make them got to drink human blood or depend on machine to continue living.

His conflict with captain america, and hydra being secret society who brainwashes people, turn soldier like Bucky to be a supersoldier. And Steve spent 2 movies defending Bucky, as if telling us all MK Ultra puppets are innocent. Even though they kill millions people (including the elite's parents if necessary).

Wakanda, a hidden highly advanced technology society, has the rarest metal on the earth, possibly from meteor (means government harvest or keep the public out from knowing that this kind of metal exists.

Scarlet Witch, the combination of witchcraft with technology. I will say infinity stones are metaphysical entities.

Doctor Strange is the guard of time. Possibly, time travel does exist but it requires the unseen power, magic.

Also doctor strange is a witch. Only the one with this power knows how.

Soul stone, a soul for a soul.

To attain these metaphysical powers, you gotta sacrifice your most beloved.

And not all them gotta make sacrifice, only the selected ones who have the quest to gain the soul stone.

Quantum realm, i do believe this realm exist. A realm where time does not work like in this 3D dimension. but i am not sure you have to be little to access it. However you need special technological advance to do this. Probably witchcraft too.

Alternative universes, there are theories that we actually have this. At least 7 universes happen simultanously. This could be a way telling us they find a way to cross universes and it requires the opening gate of quantum realm.

Captain America, LGBT undertone, diversities agenda I refrain myself to have opinion about these.

Hulk is the representation of dual personalities. A genius one and a beast. Multiply personalites have been the theme several times, Glass featuring James McAvoy.

I tend to categorize it with secret society and MK Ultra, just like Winter Soldier

But somehow the advanced victim can intergrate the beast and the self and can be useful.

What else?

Fat Thor?

Thanos, for me thanos represent the devil, a powerful ones who seek for these metaphysical stones because he knows their power and the human also aware of this treat.

Somehow maybe there are breeds of humans and these metaphysical beings like Quil. And they can be powerful.

Asgardian probably the society of the unseen. And they've been regarded as gods and goddess for centuries because they have special powers. But they are not gods. They are the djins. They can die.
Sorry if I am not coherent i am on my cellphone and it is hard to type in this thing.

elsbet

Superstar
The Nephilim are also called the Titans (Greek designation) and probably also other names. Social anthropologist Robert Sepehr has a excellent channel on Youtube combining scientific rigor of quality (as opposed to most sciences because they don't use the ethnographic method) with the 'abstract' ideas and new findings that mainstream science suppress. One excellent clip is called RH Negative Bloodlines in History, it's about the Nephilim bloodline; the Neanderthals.
That video centered on the Basques. According to Sepehr, they have the highest concentration of Rh negative blood in the world. Their language is unique-- it is not derived from any other known language, iirc.

I don't remember him referencing the nephilim or the Neanderthals, tbh... but I did think immediately of the former, when watching the video.

I really like Sepehr's work. Granted, its from an academic perspective-- but I already have my own perspective and it's all terribly interesting to learn / compare the differences and similarities. Cute dog, too.

Note: I didn't realize he had more than one video on this subject.. which one cites nephilim?

elsbet

Superstar
The only character that really shows his skin is green, I believe. Who, I wonder, is supposed to identify with him?

What else?

Fat Thor?

According to the bible, they will die like men.

+1 for Fat Thor

mecca

Superstar
How many times do you want me to say it? The hypothetical scenario you're describing doesn't ever actually occur... it's a flawed premise. The majority of LGBT characters have been played by heterosexual actors. Heterosexual actors have not been excluded to make room for LGBT people, it's typically been the other way around. White and heterosexual actors are not being excluded or removed from films, other actors are being included alongside white actors. No one is coming to a movie set and kicking out all of the white actors and replacing them with other, less qualified non-white people because they want "diversity". They don't have a quota for the amount of white heterosexual people in the film. They are deciding to create more non-white characters because they want to tell those stories and have those perspectives as well. Movie writers are creating more non-white/heterosexual characters and casting the appropriate actors to play those roles instead of primarily only creating white characters that can only be played by white actors. Don't you get that if they create a black character for example, they will cast the most suitable black actor for that role?

LGBT characters are somewhat different because they can be played by both non-LGBT and LGBT actors. This should normally not be a problem but it is one because straight actors have been continually cast in LGBT roles and LGBT actors have been continually pushed aside and not given a fair chance to get any roles at all. This is not because every straight actor is more talented than every single LGBT actor in existence, it's because LGBT actors have historically been excluded and overlooked. I've already stated that if someone creates an LGBT character, I think it would be beneficial if they made a real effort to cast an LGBT actor in that role, regardless of if there are non-LGBT actors who might also qualify because of how excluded LGBT actors have been from the industry for so many years. I don't think there's anything wrong with non-LGBT actors playing LGBT characters as a concept, but it becomes flawed when LGBT actors never get a chance to play any characters because they're always excluded. Therefore, choosing to specifically cast a talented and merited LGBT actor instead of a non-LGBT one could help make things more fair in that case. It would not be the exclusion of a heterosexual actor, it would be the reversal of the historical exclusion of LGBT actors.

If an LGBT actor plays an LGBT character, they can bring something to the role that a non-LGBT person really can't, because they understand the nuance of that very identity they're portraying... they really should be given a fair shot at playing those roles. But ultimately it's the casting director's choice and as I previously point out, they do not cast solely based upon talent, there are various other factors that are considered as well. Usually it comes down to multiple candidates that are all just as capable, qualified, and talented enough to play the role (they all have merit)... but other factors are always considered. Even just physical appearance alone is a large factor in casting, regardless of acting ability... aren't you aware of this?

Last edited:

elsbet

Superstar
How many times do you want me to say it? The hypothetical scenario you're describing doesn't ever actually occur... it's a flawed premise. White and heterosexual actors are not being excluded or removed from films, other actors are being included alongside white actors. No one is coming to a movie set and kicking out all of the white actors and replacing them with other, less qualified non-white people because they want diversity. Movie writers are creating more non-white/heterosexual characters and casting the appropriate actors to play those roles instead of primarily only creating white characters that can only be played by white actors. Don't you get that if they create a black character for example, they will cast the most suitable black actor for that role?

LGBT characters are somewhat different because they can be played by both non-LGBT and LGBT actors. This should normally not be a problem but it is one because straight actors have been continually cast in LGBT roles and LGBT actors have been continually pushed aside and not given a fair chance to get any roles at all. This is not because every straight actor is more talented than every single LGBT actor in existence, it's because LGBT actors have historically been excluded and overlooked. I've already stated that if someone creates an LGBT character, I think it would be beneficial if they made a real effort to cast an LGBT actor in that role, regardless of if there are non-LGBT actors who might also qualify because of how excluded LGBT actors have been from the industry for so many years. I don't think there's anything wrong with non-LGBT actors playing LGBT characters as a concept, but it becomes flawed when LGBT actors never get a chance to play any characters because they're always excluded. Therefore, choosing to specifically cast a talented and merited LGBT actor instead of a non-LGBT one could help make things more fair in that case. It would not be the exclusion of a heterosexual actor, it would be the reversal of the historical exclusion of LGBT actors.

If an LGBT actor plays an LGBT character, they can bring something to the role that a non-LGBT person really can't, because they understand the nuance of that very identity they're portraying... they really should be given a fair shot at playing those roles. But ultimately it's the casting director's choice and as I previously point out, they do not cast solely based upon talent, there are various other factors that are considered as well. Usually it comes down to multiple candidates that are all just as capable, qualified, and talented enough to play the role (they all have merit)... but other factors are always considered. Even just physical appearance alone is a large factor in casting, regardless of acting ability... aren't you aware of this?

This should normally not be a problem but it is one because straight actors have been continually cast in LGBT roles and LGBT actors have been continually pushed aside and not given a fair chance to get any roles at all

I don't believe that.

mecca

Superstar
I don't believe that.
You don't have to believe it but it's a historical (and present) reality. Being an LGBT person can be a risk and restriction to an actor's career and it certainly was in the past. There are still currently a lot of discriminatory hiring practices as well as underlying biases, especially in movies. LGBT characters in film are not prominent in the first place, the vast majority of characters are and have been heterosexual and cisgender. And the few LGBT characters that are written in movies are regularly played by heterosexual, cisgender actors. In many cases, LGBT actors are in fact pigeonholed into pursuing LGBT focused roles but they are rarely cast into prominent LGBT roles. Most of the prominent LGBT characters have been written by heterosexual writers and played by heterosexual actors. And openly LGBT actors are a lot of the time not seen as good for playing a straight character so they are overlooked for those roles as well. There is a lack of parity in the way they are treated by the industry and they have fewer opportunities. This is why I said it would be more fair and beneficial if more LGBT actors are included in the film industry and given a fair shot to succeed. They should be able to write LGBT characters from the perspective of an actual LGBT person and have a chance to play those roles.

This is true for non-white people as well, they have historically been excluded from films because the majority of characters are white, therefore the actors are too... the directors and writers are as well. There is absolutely nothing wrong with writers creating more non-white characters when the vast majority of important/prominent characters have unfairly been straight white guys. It is good for non-white actors to have a chance to play important lead roles, same for women. These are the people that have been continually marginalized by the film industry due to various biases and inequalities. It's a good thing when efforts are made to resolve those inequalities by wanting to create other types of characters. It's good when there's more equal representation of all kinds of human beings and their different perspectives in movies. This doesn't mean that straight white guys are being excluded from movies, it means that there are now various other people in the movies alongside them. Why is this hard to understand? I don't know why this is an offensive concept to some... why should movies only be limited to straight white guys as characters? Other people do exist.

Last edited:

manama

Star
White-washing non-white characters is bad and its equally awful the other way around. The only solution is to create diverse characters in the first place. Not a hard thing to understand.