Avengers Endgame

Bela91

a comment for those who believe in the Christian rapture.
A few days ago I talked to my boyfriend about Thanos' snap and he said "will it be that after the rapture there will be jokes about the disappearance of the people since this is what happens in the movie of the avengers?" is interesting because it is a way for people not to go crazy with the unexplained disappearance of people.

Lisa

Superstar
a comment for those who believe in the Christian rapture.
A few days ago I talked to my boyfriend about Thanos' snap and he said "will it be that after the rapture there will be jokes about the disappearance of the people since this is what happens in the movie of the avengers?" is interesting because it is a way for people not to go crazy with the unexplained disappearance of people.
I’m of the opinion that people will know what happened to the raptured people since I don’t believe the rapture will happen like pre tribulation Christians think. We won’t get taken out before the tribulation and will be witnesses in the tribulation. When we are gone I think most people will be happy and won’t miss us, but then again at that point in time they will be getting ready to feel God’s wrath.

The X-Files

Rookie
Hello. This is my first post.

I've been a VC reader for some months now, but there are so many themes missing (I know the editor can't cover everything) that I'm glad that there's a forum to discuss other topics on the mass media.

I watched Endgame a week ago, and while it's an entertaining movie with lots of fanservice, it obviously has its fair share of propaganda and, most likely, predictive programming. Shouldn't surprise anyone, since it's on its way to be one of the top 5 most watched movies in history. Here is my list, but I'm sure I missed a lot more.

- The concept of killing half of the population and belittle the consequences. If this happened in real life, there'd be unstoppable chaos, riots, wars, crisis, generalized grief, but in the movie it is depicted as something you can just overcome in a few years (most notably Captain America). The only apparent side effect seems to be some people depressed at support groups and empty stadiums. People like Tony Stark moved on as if nothing happened, and is even happier than before the "cleansing". In short, the idea that massive genocide isn't THAT bad.

- Marvel (and therefore Disney) going "open minded". I mean, the obvious feminist messages (the girls kicking ass together, Cap Marvel never missing a hit, etc), the racial themes (Cap America, the historical white male american hero, passing the torch to a black guy), and pro LGBT (also the Captain, helping a gay character at the support group, being... the historical white straight male american hero).

- Erradicating all enemies (terrorists), a whole army, is OK. They defeated Thanos, who was controlling all of the Chitauris. Why did they have to kill all of them too? The main threat was gone. But they had to wipe them all too, right? I actually felt bad for them.

I'd like to discuss what else could I have missed (a lot of stuff, I guess).

Lisa

Superstar

I've been a VC reader for some months now, but there are so many themes missing (I know the editor can't cover everything) that I'm glad that there's a forum to discuss other topics on the mass media.

I watched Endgame a week ago, and while it's an entertaining movie with lots of fanservice, it obviously has its fair share of propaganda and, most likely, predictive programming. Shouldn't surprise anyone, since it's on its way to be one of the top 5 most watched movies in history. Here is my list, but I'm sure I missed a lot more.

- The concept of killing half of the population and belittle the consequences. If this happened in real life, there'd be unstoppable chaos, riots, wars, crisis, generalized grief, but in the movie it is depicted as something you can just overcome in a few years (most notably Captain America). The only apparent side effect seems to be some people depressed at support groups and empty stadiums. People like Tony Stark moved on as if nothing happened, and is even happier than before the "cleansing". In short, the idea that massive genocide isn't THAT bad.

- Marvel (and therefore Disney) going "open minded". I mean, the obvious feminist messages (the girls kicking ass together, Cap Marvel never missing a hit, etc), the racial themes (Cap America, the historical white male american hero, passing the torch to a black guy), and pro LGBT (also the Captain, helping a gay character at the support group, being... the historical white straight male american hero).

- Erradicating all enemies (terrorists), a whole army, is OK. They defeated Thanos, who was controlling all of the Chitauris. Why did they have to kill all of them too? The main threat was gone. But they had to wipe them all too, right? I actually felt bad for them.

Possible spoiler’s don’t read on if you haven’t seen movie....

I disagree that there was a belittling of the consequences. It wasn’t overcome in a few years. Five years later the world is still trying to deal with it and come to terms with it. The man who went to dinner...and why did he have to be homosexual in this movie? Anyway...he and his date cried at dinner and this is five years later. The kid riding the bike past Ant man didn’t look like he was dealing with it very well either.
Tony Stark is only dealing with it because he still has Pepper and they had their daughter. Kids help you move on because their lives about discovery and moving forward.

Ya, I agree, Marvel seems to be adding more and more pc moments in their movies and I don’t really know how well that will translate for many fans. I already feel like I won’t be caring about the next phase because they want to have new characters in the mcu. But, if these characters are going to be pc then I think that I won’t be seeing many of them, I don’t care for those messages.

Well, do we know if the chitauris would have stopped? They only had the one shot and. It seems that this is the one shot that Dr. Strange saw, one out of 14 million..couldn’t chance it.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
About the rapture analogy.

When I first watched Infinity War I tought it was a ploy to normalize genocide as it was changed from the comics.

In the comics Thanos is in love with the embodyment of Death, that's why he tried to impress her killing half the universe. Pretty silly it's true but it's superfluous and kinda harmless.

Now in the movie there was the enviromental subplot about scarce resourses that many people agreed it. Then I guess they got what the wanted.

Lisa

Superstar
About the rapture analogy.

When I first watched Infinity War I tought it was a ploy to normalize genocide as it was changed from the comics.

In the comics Thanos is in love with the embodyment of Death, that's why he tried to impress her killing half the universe. Pretty silly it's true but it's superfluous and kinda harmless.

Now in the movie there was the enviromental subplot about scarce resourses that many people agreed it. Then I guess they got what the wanted.
Are you saying people agreed with the genocide in the movie? What I read was why didn’t he just ask for more recourses?

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Are you saying people agreed with the genocide in the movie? What I read was why didn’t he just ask for more recourses?
Yep, people would ask why he didn't asked for more resourses and then someone would just pop the malthusian theory to justify what he did. (in a nuthsell: population growth is exponential while resourses growth is linear, if he just asked to double the resourses they wouldn't last very long and it would be all for naught)

Which is exactly what the Georgia Guidestones are about... a simple search should show you lots of arguments based around the malthusian theory
1557236898834.png

Lisa

Superstar
Yep, people would ask why he didn't asked for more resourses and then someone would just pop the malthusian theory to justify what he did. (in a nuthsell: population growth is exponential while resourses growth is linear, if he just asked to double the resourses they wouldn't last very long and it would be all for naught)

Which is exactly what the Georgia Guidestones are about... a simple search should show you lots of arguments based around the malthusian theory
View attachment 21604
I guess I didn’t see the people who agreed with the genocide. :eek:

rockwool

Cheers, X!

mecca

Superstar
Yep, the movie had a terrible greyish sad vibe. I'm not really into these movies and I felt a terrible sad vibes coming from it, for those who were more attached it must have been really painful.
Sure there was a sad theme but it shouldn't be painful to watch, it's a fictional story. No one should be investing emotion into it.

mecca

Superstar
I guess I didn’t see the people who agreed with the genocide. :eek:
I don't think any of them did... none of the characters were on Thanos's side. They all saw him as evil and they fought against him.

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
Sure there was a sad theme but it shouldn't be painful to watch, it's a fictional story. No one should be investing emotion into it.
Do you remember Avatar? Some people literally went nuts after it ended

Mr.Anderson

Veteran
I don't think any of them did... none of the characters were on Thanos's side. They all saw him as evil and they fought against him.
Just do a quick search about thanos the malthusian, the people who didn't agree with him were at least exposed to the idea of population control under a "scientific" basis.

When I studied malthusianism back in high school I was terrified. Poor 12 years old Anderson

polymoog

Superstar
more diversity being shoved down your throats, coming to a new marvel movie soon!

https://screenrant.com/marvel-mcu-avengers-endgame-diversity-joe-russo/

In an interview with Variety, Kevin Feige, the cast of Avengers: Endgame, and its directors, Joe and Anthony Russo, opened up about their experiences in the MCU. And, while the focus revolved around the concluding film in Phase Three of the franchise, Joe Russo explained that the future of the MCU will be much more inclusive, saying, "The future of these movies will be an inclusive one. Diversity, both in front of and behind the camera, will be its gold standard."

great... nothing like a big fat helping of identity politics with your film:

Marvel Studios Kevin Feige Promises LGBTQ Characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
https://boundingintocomics.com/2018/06/28/marvel-studios-kevin-feige-promises-lgbtq-characters-in-the-marvel-cinematic-universe/

polymoog

Superstar
by the way, for those who saw the film, did anyone catch the big feminist moment when all the female characters gather around captainess marvel in the middle of a battle for female solidarity? give me a break.

the scene is at 2:27:10. if this is what the bad guys are fighting against, i want them to win.

mecca

Superstar
"The future of these movies will be an inclusive one. Diversity, both in front of and behind the camera, will be its gold standard."

great... nothing like a big fat helping of identity politics with your film:
What's wrong with that? different races and groups of people should be able to be a part of popular culture and work in the film industry. Why does the inclusion of non-white people have to be political?

manama

Star
Well, those people are not very smart.
Or those people are probably just fans doing their fanboying/fangirling. I'd call the people looking at those reactions and acting like the world is ending, the mad ones.
People have been following the marvel universe since their childhood, from comics to films. Its obvious that they would feel towards such a massive crossover. The people looking too deep into this just probably don't know what fandoms are.

polymoog

Superstar
What's wrong with that? different races and groups of people should be able to be a part of popular culture and work in the film industry. Why does the inclusion of non-white people have to be political?
why does there need to be a quota on the number of heterosexuals in the film?
i dont care and do not want to know what their sexual identity or gender politics are. just hire the damn actor/actress based on MERIT. for lefties, LGBTQ quotas always supersede talent. thats why lefties like you are the racist ones.