Austria Ban On Burqa Difficult To Enforce

Kung Fu

Superstar
Why do I feel like you feel that I'm attacking you? or your religion? or your freedom?:(
I don't feel like you're attacking me at all. I believe the real issue why so many Western women feel uneasy about the burqa is because they have been indoctrinated by MEN in elite positions in the West to believe that a women can only truly be free if she wears almost nothing.

floss

Star
@floss those are not burkas, those are niqabs. Burka is even worst.
Burka:

Niqab:
My goodness, these head covers are like different level of faith.

Do they really think wearing like this is to prevent men from lusting after them?
“I’m too secy for these bois, need to cover all my skins so they don’t committ sins in their heart”
Only if the secy part are true lol...
“Need to be modest wih my appearances” - put tons of make up underneath those veil, lol

Oh bois, islam continue to trapped and contained people’s mind to the 7th century. This is what I called “magic”.

Etagloc

Superstar
Haven't you been Christian for about.... something like six months, floss?

And weren't you into New Age stuff before?

I don't say this to really address you. You've already decided you have it figured out, and you're 100% sure of your religion (although I wonder if you will still be Christian a year from now- your version of Christianity doesn't seem.... balanced.... or Biblical) and you're not interested in other points of view.

But I write this to suggest what I think is blatantly obvious- you clearly are someone who in RL is diagnosed with psychiatric issues but that's not my point- I think you clearly have some sort of evil spirit inside you. It's that sort of spirit that delights in bashing religious faith. And honestly, you're just a warped person who antagonizes people. You're not remotely Jesus-like and you embody the worst stereotypes of Christianity. How can you be Christian and not know basic decency?

And just saying "I'm a Christian" won't save you on the day of judgement.

Many will say to me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in your name and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name performed many miracles? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

-Matthew 7:22-23

And clearly you are here disturbing the peace and working iniquity.

P.S.Calm down

mecca

Superstar
And @mecca it is extremely sexist that women having to cover up all their bodies because a little glimpse of skin may provoke men to have ungodly thoughts and act on them like animals. It is disrespectful to women to have to bow down to appease the beast in men, and disrespectful of men that believes he is no more than a beast that he can't control.
I agree. But some women choose to wear the burka and they should have a right to choose for whatever reason. Men don't have to be the reason why a woman chooses to wear a burka.
I don't think any women that grew up with freedom of choice will pick the option that will cover her whole body to make happy men. She may chose to wear any of other of the covering traditional garments that won't hide her like she shouldn't even be there.
A woman should still have the right to wear it without being fined or arrested by the government. Banning it doesn't solve the problems that created the burka in the first place. We should try to get both men and women to see the harm and the negative aspects of the burka by themselves naturally... without forcing women to be unable to wear it at all. But if a woman sees no harm in it and decides to wear a burka, that should be her right.The government shouldn't be able to tell people what to wear.

Last edited:

Venus

Rookie
Why do I feel like you feel that I'm attacking you? or your religion? or your freedom?:(
This was a lousy call to our writings. Since we can't see or hear our interlocutor, its very hard to know the tone of the conversation and it's easy to misunderstand it. Obviously, some are just downright direct with their rage that there is nothing to misunderstand.

I don't feel like you're attacking me at all. I believe the real issue why so many Western women feel uneasy about the burqa is because they have been indoctrinated by MEN in elite positions in the West to believe that a women can only truly be free if she wears almost nothing.
I think the burka is as extreme as wearing almost nothing is. There is a happy medium were most women find themselves comfortable.
Being at the beach or pool in a bikini doesn't really count if what you are doing is sunbathing, even if you don't agree with the activity.

Venus

Rookie
There is a place and an occasion for everything. the beach and the pool during the day are the places and occasions for sunbathing.

Life is not black and white, if there is one extreme, then the other is also present. The same way that traditionalist won't be able to totally eradicate what they see as wrong, extreme liberals won't be able to eradicate the other side. The more we move towards one side, the stronger the other becomes.

There will always be women that chose to wear a burka, for the right or wrong reasons. There will always be women that chose to go semi nude, for the right or wrong reasons, even if you can only think of wrong reason to do it.

And that's the magic of life, there you can find everything under the sun, and nothing is hidden to god.