Atheist ad during Democrats' debate mocks 'burning in hell'

saki

Star
...this is an opinion/editorial piece from The Washington Times... in response to the TV ad featuring Ron Reagan during last night's Democratic Debate....

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/oct/15/atheist-ad-debuts-democrat-debate-mocking-burning-/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

1571236051943.png
Freedom From Religion Foundation’s co-president Annie Laurie Gaylor at the foundation headquarters in Madison, Wis.
By Cheryl K. Chumley - The Washington Times - Tuesday, October 15, 2019

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

In between the first and second hour of the Democratic Party’s presidential debate in Ohio was a brief commercial from the Freedom From Religion Foundation calling for watchers to remember that secularism was a founding father plan for America’s government from the get-go and that those who say differently are, well — uninformed.

Come on in guys, the fire’s warm.

Ronald Prescott Reagan — the son of the late, great President Ronald Reagan — actually made the pitch for FFRF on national TV, wrapping with this mocking line: “I’m a lifelong atheist, I’m not afraid of burning in hell.”

Yikes.

Still: Can you think of any ad more suitable for showing at a Democratic Party event than one from an atheist-linked organization?
In 2012, the party faced concerted push-back for dropping “God” from its platform — so concerted, in fact, the powers-who-be quickly reversed.

“Democrats Rapidly Revise Platform to Include ‘God,’” ABC News reported, shortly after headlines like this one, from The Washington Post, rocked and roiled September 2012 news feeds: “Democrats under fire for removing ‘God’ from party platform.”

Fast-forward a few years, and Democrats haven’t exactly confessed and repented.

“Democrats still haven’t faced their God problem,” The New York Post wrote in 2017.

And this, from the polling FiveThirtyEight.com site: “Why Democrats Struggle To Mobilize A ‘Religious Left.’”

That list is probably long.

But here’s one reason for sure: ‘Cause they let atheist-minded groups like FFRF advertise during their party’s presidential debates.

Mocking God by mocking the existence of hell is not exactly the key to a good Christian’s heart. Neither is revising and rewriting U.S. history to make it seem as if the founding fathers were completely devoid of religion, faith and belief in a higher power — and that they wanted the rest of us, including the government of, by and for the people, to be that way, too.

But oh how so Democratic.

If it’s not “impeach Trump,” it’s denying and disdaining God. Truly, Democrats don’t have much to offer America at all.

....Here's the FFRF ad with Ron Reagan:

https://ffrf.org/news/news-releases/item/36010-ffrf-s-unabashed-atheist-ron-reagan-ad-to-run-during-cnn-dem-debate-tuesday

Last edited:

Lisa

Superstar
...this is an opinion/editorial piece from The Washington Times... in response to the TV ad featuring Ron Reagan during last night's Democratic Debate....

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/oct/15/atheist-ad-debuts-democrat-debate-mocking-burning-/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=socialnetwork

View attachment 26389
Freedom From Religion Foundation’s co-president Annie Laurie Gaylor at the foundation headquarters in Madison, Wis.
By Cheryl K. Chumley - The Washington Times - Tuesday, October 15, 2019

ANALYSIS/OPINION:

In between the first and second hour of the Democratic Party’s presidential debate in Ohio was a brief commercial from the Freedom From Religion Foundation calling for watchers to remember that secularism was a founding father plan for America’s government from the get-go and that those who say differently are, well — uninformed.

Come on in guys, the fire’s warm.

Ronald Prescott Reagan — the son of the late, great President Ronald Reagan — actually made the pitch for FFRF on national TV, wrapping with this mocking line: “I’m a lifelong atheist, I’m not afraid of burning in hell.”

Yikes.

Still: Can you think of any ad more suitable for showing at a Democratic Party event than one from an atheist-linked organization?
In 2012, the party faced concerted push-back for dropping “God” from its platform — so concerted, in fact, the powers-who-be quickly reversed.

“Democrats Rapidly Revise Platform to Include ‘God,’” ABC News reported, shortly after headlines like this one, from The Washington Post, rocked and roiled September 2012 news feeds: “Democrats under fire for removing ‘God’ from party platform.”

Fast-forward a few years, and Democrats haven’t exactly confessed and repented.

“Democrats still haven’t faced their God problem,” The New York Post wrote in 2017.

And this, from the polling FiveThirtyEight.com site: “Why Democrats Struggle To Mobilize A ‘Religious Left.’”

That list is probably long.

But here’s one reason for sure: ‘Cause they let atheist-minded groups like FFRF advertise during their party’s presidential debates.

Mocking God by mocking the existence of hell is not exactly the key to a good Christian’s heart. Neither is revising and rewriting U.S. history to make it seem as if the founding fathers were completely devoid of religion, faith and belief in a higher power — and that they wanted the rest of us, including the government of, by and for the people, to be that way, too.

But oh how so Democratic.

If it’s not “impeach Trump,” it’s denying and disdaining God. Truly, Democrats don’t have much to offer America at all.

....Here's the FFRF ad with Ron Reagan:

https://ffrf.org/news/news-releases/item/36010-ffrf-s-unabashed-atheist-ron-reagan-ad-to-run-during-cnn-dem-debate-tuesday
Ron Reagan, so unlike his father. He has no clue as to what he’s saying concerning the lake of fire where there’s weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Isn't this really religion mocking itself? LOL Maybe if your religion wasn't such a bloodthirsty concept in the first place, people wouldn't even feel the need to say things like "I'm not afraid of burning in hell".

Just kidding, I can't wait to see this heretic get booted straight to HELLL!!!11!!! Sayonara, sucker! Depart into everlasting torture!! LOL sucks to be you!! /sarcasm

Ron Reagan, so unlike his father. He has no clue as to what he’s saying concerning the lake of fire where there’s weeping and gnashing of teeth.
Your bible says that the vast majority of those you love will be in hell.

I see that you, like many Christians are looking forward to watching loved ones burn without purpose below you and them in heaven.

I think that to be rather disgusting.

Regards
DL

Lisa

Superstar
Isn't this really religion mocking itself? LOL Maybe if your religion wasn't such a bloodthirsty concept in the first place, people wouldn't even feel the need to say things like "I'm not afraid of burning in hell".
What’s a blood thirsty concept? That a holy God would punish people for their sins? Luckily for all of us, He sent His Son to take the punishment in our places...doesn’t sound so blood thirsty.

Just kidding, I can't wait to see this heretic get booted straight to HELLL!!!11!!! Sayonara, sucker! Depart into everlasting torture!! LOL sucks to be you!! /sarcasm
Neither I or God wants to see anyone in hell...

Your bible says that the vast majority of those you love will be in hell.
Does it?

I see that you, like many Christians are looking forward to watching loved ones burn without purpose below you and them in heaven.
When did I say that?

DavidSon

Star
I was offended by the entire commercial montage. I guess that's our punishment for sucking up to the billionaire class and their brainwashing/marketing tools. What was the first ad, another Pentagon sponsored war/action movie? Some other garbage and the worst was the Washington Post advert mocking alternative journalism. I tried to find a copy of the whole group but haven't yet.

In my opinion something like the FFR segment is put in so their other messages (with the attention of millions) recede into the subconscious.

At least they're being honest about the designed separation of church and state in the US Govt. What, people think disgusting white supremacists like Franklin and Washington were Christians? LOL.