ASTROLOGICAL CONNECTIONS WITH THE BIBLE

Camidria

Veteran
No not our current Astrology, the current astrology was taught to humans by the Nephilim and fallen angels before the flood. If Yahuwah ever intended to tell a story though the stars it is far different from the Astrology we know today....

JoChris

Superstar
Deuteronomy 18:9 When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. 10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch. 11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

https://carm.org/what-does-the-bible-say-about-astrology

Fleur D'Amour

Rookie
I remember vaguely of a guest speaker of our church speaking of how astrology, the 12 zodiacs, tell the earth's history from the beginning to the end when Christ returns. I'm sorry I don't have any factual evidence explaining his theory but I will post more when I find my notes on it.

I only remember that how he explained made sense. He also claimed that, like how the devil does most things, takes something holy and makes it unholy by adding magic and esoteric knowledge, particularly to astrology. People have been looking to the stars for centuries for the purpose of the telling of times and seasons. The guest speaker claimed that the stars told the story of the world's history, but the devil covered it up by throwing esoteric knowledge or whatever else current astrology claims to do.

Thunderian

Superstar
I wouldn't be surprised if the stars tell the story of Jesus somehow, since God made them.

And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

But I have yet to see someone I trust explain how that all works. There are more than 12 constellations, so the story could be pretty good.

Fleur D'Amour

Rookie
Okay, these are nearly three-year-old notes and I wrote what I could at the time. Turns out the guest speaker was a former pastor of our church. I don't know if they make sense to anyone but I'll type out what I've written and we can figure it out together: (Parentheses and brackets are the notes that I've added).

1.) Virgo = The Virgin: It represents the virginal birth of Jesus through Mary. (Matthew 1:23 and Isaiah 7:14)
2.) Libra = The Scales: Son paid the paid the price [for our sins]
3.) Scorpio = Scorpion aka "Evil" --- (This is all I put for the notes. If anyone wants to add their input on this feel free).
4.) Sagittarius = Horseman. This represents battle as the Horseman shoots the arrow at the Scorpion, aka the "Evil One". He also adds that the Horse and the Man = the divine and the mortal.
5.) Capricorn = Goat & Fish: The goat is a sacrificial animal and the fish is the equivalent to Christianity.
6.) Aquarius = Water: [A man] is giving living water to other fish. (This can be related to Matthew 4:19 "...Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Fish = Men aka Humankind?)
7.) Pisces = Two fish: There are two different kind of fish --Two different kinds Christians[?]
8.) Aries = Ram: Ram is caught in thicket and sacrificed (I didn't clarify this back then so feel free to make sense of this too)
9.) Taurus = Bull: Christs' glorious coming. (See above)
10.) Gemini = Twins: Christ with two different natures aka Prince & Savior.
11.) Cancer = Crab: Crabs protect their young with their pincers. We're held safely [in his arms?] (This could be symbolic of the troubles that come in the end times?)
12.) Leo = Lion: The Lion of the tribe of Judah. Christ comes back and puts an end to Sin.

With the way he presented this, it is in order from the time of Christ's birth to the end of the age. It's a very interesting viewpoint and I look forward to all of your comments!

JoChris

Superstar
I can kinda understand why a pastor or preacher might try and Christian-ize a system of beliefs held by many in modern culture....
But IMO that is very risky. It is not the same as Jesus using metaphors in his parables e.g. The sower, the mustard seed et. al.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark+4&version=KJV

Astrological signs are used in other opposing religions. A once-off - maybe, but if I turned up to a church one day where that was being preached and found out that was the lead pastor and he OFTEN used such images WITHOUT preaching against the set of beliefs they represent, I would not go that church.

Galatians 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.

Fleur D'Amour

Rookie
I can kinda understand why a pastor or preacher might try and Christian-ize a system of beliefs held by many in modern culture....
But IMO that is very risky. It is not the same as Jesus using metaphors in his parables e.g. The sower, the mustard seed et. al.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=mark+4&version=KJV

Astrological signs are used in other opposing religions. A once-off - maybe, but if I turned up to a church one day where that was being preached and found out that was the lead pastor and he OFTEN used such images WITHOUT preaching against the set of beliefs they represent, I would not go that church.

Galatians 5:9 A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
I agree somewhat, Jo. Up until that point I always thought astrology was a no-go for Christianity. (A system that predicts/influences your daily activities? No. Don't follow it, Fleur). Yet, I believe it could be a possibility that he may not be too far off from the truth? If that makes sense. I'm not saying I believe these teachings, but just something to take into consideration. :confused::D

Also, I left out a big chunk of the sermon in these notes. It could be that he could have mentioned something about the other belief systems. This was the first time I heard any of this, and I admittedly didn't go to that church enough to know what his beliefs were... :oops: Good point though.

Thunderian

Superstar
I don't think the signs and the names of the constellations as we know them today and that are used for astrology relate to any God-intended spiritual story they might tell. I wouldn't listen to any preacher who was using them.

Yahda

Veteran
The NT is based off astrology. Christ the sun/son and the 12 apostles ( zodiacs)

The fish is a symbol of Christianity which represents Pisces

3 wise man represents the stars of the belt of Orion

Christ and the jar of water represents the age of Aquarius

December 25 winter solstice

The cross represents The crux.....

I'll see if I can find the story or you guys can search it on your own if you dare.

Fleur D'Amour

Rookie
Good points guys. It was one of those moments in church that a.) grab your attention and wake you up and b.) make you go 'ooh' and 'aah' for an otherwise boring sermon.

For a group that's avoided things like these and for one of our to present them as a possible truth is awakening, in a way.

I hope I'm not turning anyone off from my beliefs I promise this is the first time I've heard it >.< and I'm just trying to grasp possibilities

Thunderian

Superstar
Satan is the most brilliant being after God. There is not any reason to think that he didn't know the entire plan of salvation a long, long time ago. So it makes sense that he would lard human history with fables and false religions that would attempt to preempt the gospel. The difference is that the gospel of Jesus Christ is truth, and real truth seekers, by the grace of God, are able to recognize it.

Yahda

Veteran
It's called a bi(2) bull ( Taurus) come on !

For the record I know there is 1(ONE) word.

To the Christians let the record reflect that you guys never have answers when there is a brick load of questions. How long will you guys stay in denial and reject the obvious ?

O that's right. Your book instructs you to keep the faith. Just believe. Fear, and condemn. I know, I know.... Many will fall away...." smh.

Forced into darkness chained with the words of the text !

How does a book instruct you to fear astrology but is full of astrology references and revolves around all kinds of other things you are told to fear ? HOW ?

You could be learning something. The astrological, scientific, mathematical....aspect is just as cool and educational as well. Besides that's the only way you will have a Christ. Israel is the son. Sorry not sorry.

With that being said I think I will go to the OP next door where someone quoted Jesus as king, and I post several verses where GOD SAID DAVID would be king. Listen for the crickets and brush offs.

However I won't waste my time. I was just giving an example as to the blind man denial, deflect syndrome going on with what we call Christianity and it's doctrine.

Fleur D'Amour

Rookie
You could be learning something. The astrological, scientific, mathematical....aspect is just as cool and educational as well.
I don't think science in and of itself is bad and/or banned. God created science after all, so it isn't evil. Some Christians call the Bible an acronym for Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. Maybe what is confined is just the basics, and it is up to us to search for other parts that are not mentioned, just as long as it coincides with the Scriptures? There's nothing wrong with searching for the truth through the Truth, right?