ASMR - Auditory Sensory Meridian Response

Hey guys,

I noticed on Vigilant Citizens new article that the subject of Auditory Sensory Meridian Response came up.

Now I don't know about you guys, but its the first I have heard of it. From what I can see its really been pushed on YouTube.

In fact one video with a girl eating McDonalds got 39 million likes! From just eating some McDonalds. My mind is boggled!!

I know that there is some agenda being pushed here...does anyone know what it is? I know its supposed to give you a tingle on your head (just like you would if someone was brushing your hair) but something stinks to high heaven with this one. See below for videos

Thank you all,

Vixy

Star
I just watched the first 20 seconds of the vid and now I want to go to MD and get me some chicken nuggets.

I hate ASMR, whatever it is. I call it mindfuck.
i just have to say your avatar is the BEST. :cool: Reminds me of Howard the duck. I loved that movie.

Aero

Superstar
It's super irritating.

Keep in mind that any video on youtube can get 40 million likes with enough advertising. Plus their algorithm tends to play the same content over and over. With autoplay on it takes like an hour for youtube to actually spit out stuff I haven't heard.

I just watched the second video you posted ... ok. That's really disturbing. I feel like a paedophile only watching it.
Man this is disgusting shit.
I honestly was highly disturbed when I watched it...its so wrong on every level. What happened to good old fashioned meditation music????

Dalit

Star
Okay, so I finally checked out ASMR and like the ones with cute animals eating, yet it's weird. I don't want to see people eating or tapping or whatnot, but oddly like the rabbit eating watermelon and the hamster eating pumpkin. I think it's the cuteness factor and just a love of fat, fluffy animals. However, I'm not promoting obesity in animals :)

HoneyB

Out of all the threads I’ve read this is the one that pushed me to finally register on the site ASMR is like music- there are so many different kinds! I’ve been listening to ASMR for a few years because it really helps me to relax and fall asleep. That being said- A LOT of the more popular content is incredibly sexual and/or weird. Two ASMRtists (that’s what they’re called ) I followed quickly crossed over into that realm which is such a shame because they were amazing. A good one to check out is GentleWhisperingASMR- she’s been around for several years and while she sometimes gets paid for ads-it’s always natural. Another good one is SpringbokASMR but she stopped making videos a few years ago when she had a child. Please don’t judge the ASMR community based on the more popular content-there’s some pretty good stuff out there if you just dig deeper.

TempestOfTempo

Superstar
Hey guys,

I noticed on Vigilant Citizens new article that the subject of Auditory Sensory Meridian Response came up.

Now I don't know about you guys, but its the first I have heard of it. From what I can see its really been pushed on YouTube.

In fact one video with a girl eating McDonalds got 39 million likes! From just eating some McDonalds. My mind is boggled!!

I know that there is some agenda being pushed here...does anyone know what it is? I know its supposed to give you a tingle on your head (just like you would if someone was brushing your hair) but something stinks to high heaven with this one. See below for videos

Thank you all,

I dont know whom the guy in the second video is, but I think hes just as strange as the videos hes addressing and twice as vulgar.

Asmr is one of the strangest things, it's just....uh....
I'm still struggling with how it even appeals so many people as much as it does.

I'm thinking partially in the area of auditory stimulation (with the subtleties of quiet sounds that are often inaudible) and psychological (possibly blending intimacy, fantasy and tension-release).

The reason why it trends the way it does, even with this considered, remains a mystery. It could be some result of lacking in the social world perhaps, maybe even a primer for the kinds of things they'll likely be pumping out more with future VR stuff. I'm not sure. The angle definitely could go several ways, both as a thing in itself and it's further role in entertainment/relaxation etc.