Asmr. Anyone else love listening to it?

lovesoul

Established
Never heard of it then watched a tap video (for 5 seconds) and coffee bean video (for 2 seconds) and hated it. Totally creeped me out so - no.
To each their own :)
I think it depends on the creator of the asmr. Alot of them are creepy i lbecause of how they're portrayed imo. Get a good creator and it's just relaxing. I turn them on and put the phone down and listen. Some like to watch, some like just sound, some both. Glad you liked the coffee bean one! lol

polymoog

Superstar
I think it depends on the creator of the asmr. Alot of them are creepy i lbecause of how they're portrayed imo. Get a good creator and it's just relaxing. I turn them on and put the phone down and listen. Some like to watch, some like just sound, some both. Glad you liked the coffee bean one! lol
i like the sound of the beans; what can i say. its really no different than visually staring at the iridescent shell of a ground beetle or of a intensely metallic blue winged butterfly. perhaps it is like white sugar for the eyes and ears.

It's the whispering that creeps me out more than the rest. I didn't like taps or beans.

Most ASMR is creepy as hell for me. Like I'd likely be less unsettled if they were whispering how I belong to them and if I stray they'll cut my throat... Since that's the general vibe I get from ASMR videos. It's very serial killer-y to me.

elsbet

Superstar
I hate ASMR talking... *no talking* videos with Calligraphy or Painting are some of the best imo.

This one too... it's not as artsy but it's still pretty fabulous. Esp if you're not familiar with (real) Kinetic Sand (as opposed to the knock off).

But like @Maes17 ... Accidental ASMR is my favorite. ♡

... happy little clouds... :D

elsbet

Superstar
I do enjoy watching Bob Ross, so if that counts for ASMR then OK.
The Original. :D

Did you know he was dead? I didn't, until recently. He also had a habit of rescuing (typically small, defenseless) wildlife... and he kept the little squirrel who was diabetic. Named 'Peapod.'

I think just about everyone loved Bob Ross.

The Original. :D

Did you know he was dead? I didn't, until recently. He also had a habit of rescuing (typically small, defenseless) wildlife... and he kept the little squirrel who was diabetic. Named 'Peapod.'

I think just about everyone loved Bob Ross.
Bob Ross - the original ASMR. Someone oughta make a video about that. :)

I did know he was dead, but I didn't know about Peapod - that's a great name for a pet!