Asia Argento, Who Accused Weinstein, Made Deal With Her Own Accuser

Thunderian

Superstar
Oh boy.

Asia Argento, Who Accused Weinstein, Made Deal With Her Own Accuser
The Italian actress and director Asia Argento was among the first women in the movie business to publicly accuse the producer Harvey Weinstein of sexual assault. She became a leading figure in the #MeToo movement. Her boyfriend, the culinary television star Anthony Bourdain, eagerly joined the fight.​
But in the months that followed her revelations about Mr. Weinstein last October, Ms. Argento quietly arranged to pay $380,000 to her own accuser: Jimmy Bennett, a young actor and rock musician who said she had sexually assaulted him in a California hotel room years earlier, when he was only two months past his 17th birthday. She was 37. The age of consent in California is 18.​
That claim and the subsequent arrangement for payments are laid out in documents between lawyers for Ms. Argento and Mr. Bennett, a former child actor who once played her son in a movie.​
The documents, which were sent to The New York Times through encrypted email by an unidentified party, include a selfie dated May 9, 2013, of the two lying in bed. As part of the agreement, Mr. Bennett, who is now 22, gave the photograph and its copyright to Ms. Argento, now 42. Three people familiar with the case said the documents were authentic.​

Leviathan

Established
I was shocked to read that. It would seem she did all that crusading against sexual predators knowing damn well she had skeletons in her own closet. Although Jimmy deleted his Twitter account you can still find plenty of tweets by Asia to him which are very interesting. I managed to screenshot several. Also worth noting is that as of tonight, Jimmy and Asia still follow each other on Instagram. I don't know what to think about all this.

IMG_20180819_235947_197.jpg
IMG_20180819_235923_272.jpgIMG_20180820_000222_493.jpg

TonyVanDam

Established
If these stories from 2013 are true [and I have a strong feeling that they are, IMO], then Asia Argento should still be arrested for charges of sexual assault. As of 2018, this was within 5 years ago, just under the 7 years time limit for her accuser to press criminal charges, never mind filing a civil lawsuit.

Leviathan

Established
In addition to the tweets I linked above there were also tweets of her going on and on about how talented and great he was, how he was one of the greatest actors she had ever seen. It felt like she was obsessed with him from all the tweets of her gushing over him, including the ones I posted above. There is also this one where she says she has pictures of him "all over her house":
IMG_20180820_000248_579.jpg

To me, it sounds like there was some grooming going on. I have seen some say a 17-year-old would be able to consent in most states. But to me, it is the fact she knew him since he was 7 that makes it different. Also, there is the whole director/actor power dynamic and the promise of future roles. She did exactly the same thing she accused Harvey Weinstein of. Also worth noting is that she signed a petition demanding the release of Roman Polanski, who, as we all know, raped a 13-year-old. Later she changed her tune and had this to say:

IMG_20180820_092611_047.jpg

So it is highly interesting to see her say all this knowing very well she did it all herself and used the same tactics.

Leviathan

Established
There is something on my mind about this story. At the end of the article Thunderian linked in the original post, it states:

"Although it is unclear whether Mr. Bennett and Ms. Argento have spoken since the payment was made, Ms. Argento seems to remain supportive. On July 17, she added a 'Like' to a moody portrait of himself he had posted on his Instagram account. The account has since been scrubbed of much of its content."

And as I sit here writing this post, Jimmy and Asia both still follow each other on Instagram. No joke. Maybe I am the crazy one, but I wouldn't want to follow someone who raped me on social media. Just as I wouldn't want to follow someone who made fake accusations about me and was blackmailing me with them. I certainly wouldn't "like" their content. Something seems very fishy.

Do you think it is possible they were both in it together trying to scam Anthony out of money which they'd both split 50/50? Perhaps the public was never intended to know and it got out because of Harvey. Or is the entire thing a false flag as we commonly talk about here? I just don't know what to make of that.

Last edited:

has

Rookie
Notice how she says she "never had any sexual relationship with Benett". She implicitely doesn't deny the sexual assault
Please could someone confirm that "sexual assault" and "r*pe" aren't the same in the US? In my coutry that's actually a whole different offense... You can sexual assault someone without actually r*pe them.

If a convicted murderer tells you that murder is bad. The convict's hypocrisy doesn't change the fact that murder is bad!
The response is actually in your post. "CONVICTED muderer". Asia didn't wait to assume and pay for her own sexual misconduct(s?) to lead a whole witch hunt movement against Hollywood rapists/abusers, thusotally destroying her legitimacy.

has

Rookie
And as I sit here writing this post, Jimmy and Asia both still follow each other on Instagram. No joke. Maybe I am the crazy one, but I wouldn't want to follow someone who raped me on social media. Just as I wouldn't want to follow someone who made fake accusations about me and was blackmailing me with them. I certainly wouldn't "like" their content. Something seems very fishy.
Yet, didn't Asia keep sleeping with Weinstein after he raped her?
Didn't some of the actresses who complained about Westein abuse kept working with him after those events happened?

Interesting how those very same questions didn't get asked when it was women who were the victims...

Last edited:

TonyVanDam

Established
Well this doesn't look good for her or the #MeToo movement. Ignore that it's TMZ reporting. Texts and pictures from Argento seem pretty damning.

At this rate, we're going to find out that Harvey Weinstein is Rose Macgowan in a fat suit.

TMZ Report Contradicts Asia Argento’s Claim of No ‘Sexual Relationship’ with Minor
At this point, everyone can see in plain sight that Asia is nothing but a damn liar AND a sexual predator! And to make matters worse, she knows from being a sexual abuse victim in her own right that this crap is wrong.

pumkinspice

Established
Seems like she was/is very obsessed with him. If she's been this way since he was a boy, he might have some sort of Stockholm's Syndrome. That might be why he still follows her on instagram..or this could be part of some agenda. Only God knows. Weird situation either way.

Leviathan

Established
Seems like she was/is very obsessed with him. If she's been this way since he was a boy, he might have some sort of Stockholm's Syndrome. That might be why he still follows her on instagram..or this could be part of some agenda. Only God knows. Weird situation either way.
He has unfollowed her and her daughter both now, but she still follows him. With the amount of hate comments she gets on a daily basis, I don't think she'll log on for a very long time to change that, though.

TonyVanDam

Established
Bill Cosby is in jail; But yet, no one in law enforcement OR the USA justice system can find/make a way to have Asia Argento arrested yet?!?

From this moment on, I do not want to hear one more words from anyone trying to tell me that White Privilege does not exist. And lets not overlook the obvious double standards concerning how male and female sexual predators are treated.

mecca

Superstar
Bill Cosby is in jail; But yet, no one in law enforcement OR the USA justice system can find/make a way to have Asia Argento arrested yet?!?

From this moment on, I do not want to hear one more words from anyone trying to tell me that White Privilege does not exist. And lets not overlook the obvious double standards concerning how male and female sexual predators are treated.
That's right, sexism and racism are alive and well. People act like women can't be predators and they don't take it seriously and that allows them to get away with it. And black people are seen as dangerous and criminalized immediately while white people are more likely to get away with it and people make excuses for their actions. A predator is a predator and they should all be in prison for their crimes.