Article: "I was America's first "non-binary" person. It was all a sham."

JoChris

Superstar
https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/03/10/i-was-americas-first-non-binary-person-it-was-all-a-sham/

If I was an expert lawyer in the USA I would be rubbing my hands together and studying legislation on how to help men/ women like him get justice. He was suffering mental health issues, and the health professionals caved into his delusions of really being a woman.

The health professionals put self protection from The LBGTQ*#%@ Mafia before the patient's best interest (although he would have been outraged at their telling him the obvious truth at the time).

If he ever ends up seeking compensation and WINS expect an eventual "dam wall breaking" flood of lawsuits from all the people who wake up to reality and discover they can't return to normal life e.g. thanks to mutilating surgery.

JoChris

Superstar
No... just no. A lawsuit is not the appropriate response. I'm truly glad he's woken up and wish him the best, but as he says, he's not a victim:

"Only one therapist tried to stop me from crawling into this smoking rabbit hole. When she did, I not only fired her, I filed a formal complaint against her. “She’s a gatekeeper,” the trans community said."

Transgenders seek out therapists and medical personnel who tell them what they want to hear. They enjoy the fame and attention they get from the LGBT and SJW crowds, which again is telling them what they want to hear. Who's fault is that?

"The medical community is so afraid of the trans community that they’re now afraid to give someone Blanchard’s diagnosis."

Yes, because some members of the LGBT community absolutely destroy people's lives for not agreeing with them. This is what they wanted and pushed for - acceptance without question - and now they have it. No one can have it both ways.

"LGBT organizations helping me to screw up my life had become a common theme."

There is no way he didn't know what he was doing... but then he changed his mind. People have the freedom to indulge any fantasy and delusion they want, but also need to own up to the consequences. I hope he will continue to be public about his experience and help others, but suing the people who did what he asked would be wrong. It's up to us as individuals to seriously question our wants and desires, because no one is going to do that for us.
I have mixed feelings where it comes to potential lawsuits in this area.
An **adult ** who has 100% cognitive abilities should take personal responsibility for commencing their hormone therapy etc in adulthood.

e.g. It could be argued that he was not mentally healthy due to PTSD and bipolar disorder, therefore he was not giving informed consent. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3725243/

elsbet

Superstar
Reading through his entire story, I'm not seeing that he was incapable of making his own decisions or was not cognizent of what he was doing. We're all human and fallen. We're all capable of acting on sinful desires and delusions. Imagine if we all started suing other people for that.

It's a fine line where the mentally ill are concerned, I think. Plus, the medical community has sold out-- some doctors believe the garbage cranked out today, but those who dont could easily lose their livelihood by going against the grain. It is a sad state of affairs... especially where children are concerned.

JoChris

Superstar
Reading through his entire story, I'm not seeing that he was incapable of making his own decisions or was not cognizent of what he was doing. We're all human and fallen. We're all capable of acting on sinful desires and delusions. Imagine if we all started suing other people for that.
People have criminal sentences reduced all the time because of judges consider the criminal's unhappy childhood (e.g. abuse), drug use, broken families, mental health issues etc.

PTSD certainly affects mental health. So do incorrect medical/ psychological diagnoses and artifical sexual hormones.
I am not saying whether this man should go to court or not; I am saying I won't be surprised if one day a transexual/ non-binary individual sues professionals for actively encouraging them to have a sex change.

Dalit

Star
Can anyone explain to me why some scientists think that non-binary is natural ? I confess I have limited intelligence.

https://slate.com/technology/2018/11/sex-binary-gender-neither-exist.html
Don't insult your own intelligence, dear.

Interesting article and I hate how female athletes were subjected to "femininity tests" aka sexual harassment and/or worse boundary violation.

I'm not saying there's a spectrum, yet there are different body types in men and women, maybe more so in women, which is why anthropologists could misidentify a narrow hipped, tall skeleton as a male skeleton when it could likely be a female. I've seen men with pear shapes. Very few, but they exist.

justjess

Superstar
Well that guy sure doesn’t know how to take any responsibility for his own actions...

saintroserosalia

Established
Don't insult your own intelligence, dear.
Thank you :')

Interesting article and I hate how female athletes were subjected to "femininity tests" aka sexual harassment and/or worse boundary violation.

I'm not saying there's a spectrum, yet there are different body types in men and women, maybe more so in women, which is why anthropologists could misidentify a narrow hipped, tall skeleton as a male skeleton when it could likely be a female. I've seen men with pear shapes. Very few, but they exist.
Oooo.... I see. It's true about men with pear shapes. I have seen one or two myself too in real life...