Ariana’s Blasphemous New Single: “God is a woman”

Aero

Star
The entertainment industry turns/reduces women into sex objects and exploits sex and sexuality for money. That's the opposite of empowering.
Lol, thanks for clarifying.

In a perfect world, women wouldn't have to lower themselves to the type of stuff you describe. They would be running the record companies and owning that shit. But it's not a perfect world. And women artists struggle to break through. Women have to push those boundaries or they won't get played, and paid.

This isn't an endorsement, it's just how it is. If you were born to be a singer you don't have a lot of options as a woman. So it's like they should give up on their dreams because of misogyny? That's letting the men win and keep you down.

mecca

Superstar
In a perfect world, women wouldn't have to lower themselves to the type of stuff you describe. They would be running the record companies and owning that shit. But it's not a perfect world. And women artists struggle to break through. Women have to push those boundaries or they won't get played, and paid.
That's a reflection of a flawed and sexist society that should be changed... you can't describe it as empowering when it simply isn't. Some positive promotion/depiction of female sexuality can be empowering but it doesn't exist within the entertainment industry.
This isn't an endorsement, it's just how it is. If you were born to be a singer you don't have a lot of options as a woman. So it's like they should give up on their dreams because of misogyny? That's letting the men win and keep you down.
You don't have to give up on that dream but you don't have to give in to a flawed society/system either, that seems like giving up your own humanity.

Aero

Star
That's a reflection of a flawed and sexist society that should be changed... you can't describe it as empowering when it simply isn't. Some positive promotion/depiction of female sexuality can be empowering but it doesn't exist within the entertainment industry.
Right, the industry is all about the illusion. So we agree, I think. The illusions should be dispelled, but let's do it in the right way. I don't see it as righteous to blame pop stars for being pop stars. They literally have nobody even trying to teach them about responsibility. And a lot of people are expecting them to be a moral compass.

For me, the worst thing about the industry isn't the sex. It's toxic fandom. And sometimes the drive there is sex, but people are going crazy over Star Wars actresses now too. Fans or ex-fans are both feeding into the illusions of a fake world inside their heads.

You don't have to give up on that dream but you don't have to give in to a flawed society/system either, that seems like giving up your own humanity.
Yeah Idk, what I would do. Sleeping your way to the top definitely doesn't work though. You will never be taken seriously, and none of those illusions are that good. So I imagine people in the industry repress everything. They think they are still human. But maybe they did give up their humanity and it's just buried under the dumpster fire people call entertainment.