Are you gonna celebrate christmas this year?

Alice

Rookie
I will say that my stance on Christmas has changed owhatver the years, growing up we celebrated it, I loved it as a kid for two main reasons. First of course I got presents and well truth be told any child always loves and wants presents, but the other reason was to see my parents together giving gifts and enjoying each other. I look back fondly now of those days when I could just sit and watch my mom and dad wake up, get ready, and then when it came time for dad to give mom her present and mom to give dad his present. Probably one of the greatest memories I have of Christmas was one year where me and my dad went and cut down a tree together. I didnt care about the tree, what it stood for, if it was pagan, Christian or anything like that, it was a wonderful bonding time with my father.

What is funny is I mentioned that to my father last year or the year before and he just laughed. I asked why, and this was also in a middle of a conversation about how my daughter views me, and he said " Son your daughter is going to see things so much differently than you do right now. The times that you are sharing with her may seem strained and stressed, but when she looks back she will remember and see the good and fun times above anything you think she will see. You just stated how much you loved that trip to get that tree, it was a special moment for you, it was great as you just said. For me it

was a nightmare!!" Laughing he continued " The drive out there took forever and we had some car problems, getting out to the tree was a trek that was anything but fun. Cutting the tree down took wayyy too long, dragging it back and trying to get it onto the car was even harder than treking out there in the first place. The tree was growing on a hill so when we got home it was crooked and we had to cut the trunk in a unusual way just to get the bleeping thing to sit right!!!"

See to my dad that wasnt a fun day, it actually sucked was hard work and the end result wasnt anything he intended. However to me, that was a magnificent journey where I got to help the person I looked up to most accomplish something that I felt was so very important. Even now hearing about his perspective it doesnt diminish in the least my view and what it means to me!!! I am so very thankful for all the hard work and toil he put into that day, it became a memory I will cherish for life, and to me THAT is what Christmas was about!!!

Growing up that is what Christmas was above everything, above Jesus, above some Pagan traditions or whatever you want to call it, it was about spending time with my Family, and creating or more like having these memories created for me, that now that I am older, my mother passing on and my father getting up in age, I can look back on with fondness and love. However as I got older of course the "magic" of Christmas began to lose its luster, I still enjoyed the family and the traditions we kept, but always the thing that made it the most bright was how it lit my mother up. She loved Christmas, she loved her family, she loved having them over and setting up the tree, decorating the house, serving the food, watching the kids grow older and then watching them have kids and all the joy of a full house of people she loved in her midst!! Sadly she began to get sick and year by year Christmas got harder and harder till she was too sick to host Christmas anymore, and she was heartbroken, and during that time Christmas really began to lose its luster in my life. I still enjoyed seeing the family but it just wasnt the same, I was older, single, the traditions of my immediately family were gone, it just wasnt anything like it used to be...

Around that time I began to get deeper into conspiracies, probably about 10 years ago, and came to understand about the whole Pagan aspect of Christmas, Easter and all the other Christian Holidays and I started to get rather dominate about not celebrating them. I was too the point of where I was condemning others if they choose to celebrate it, I called out my mom and my family, I was pretty hard core about it. A few years after that my wife and her child moved in, and she was only 6 and I was still on this Anti Christmas kick, Anti Everything kick and wouldnt let them really celebrate Christmas and I tell you what my daughter was heartbroken. I explained my position and why and my wife and her understood mentally but you could tell they were emotionally unhappy about it all. Instead of Christmas being anything fun or exciting or joyous, because of my views, it became contentious, joyless, and walking on eggshells. They still wanted to celebrate the TRADITIONS, I threw water all over everything, and everyone in my family. Christmas became the complete and opposite that it was when I was growing up.

Then a few years ago my mom got sick with Cancer and all of this was swirling around in my heart, in my head, and I began to pray on it and as I prayed on it I felt God steer my mind back to what Christmas really was like when I was young, and what it meant. Did it have anything to do with some Pagan Non Sense? Or did it have to do with the thing God is, which is Love? What is the Spirit of Christ according to the Word of God? In Gal 5 it says But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, what did Christmas really mean to me and my family? It meant Love, Joy and Peace with one another!!! My heart was broken, and it melted, and I saw myself for who I was, I was a Pharisees, trying to look down on others, trying to think I am self righteous because I was abstaining from this one day. I was crushing others happiness and joy just to be right in some ideological doctrine that bears absolutely nothing on Salvation.

So the next day I went to my mom and asked if she wanted to come over and help us decorate the house and get a tree and I tell you what the joy, the love, the excitement that came over her face was worth all the time and energy it took to set the house up. I am so glad that I choose to celebrate Christmas that year, I am so glad that I got to have my mother over to decorate, I am so glad she came over that morning and we opened presents, because its a memory I will have with me for the rest of my life, and it was the last Christmas my mother was there with us to celebrate. Even now writing this I am wiping away the tears, tears of happiness and tears of sadness, but I know if I would have had that hardened heart, then I wouldnt have these wonderful memories that I can keep with me, that revive in me that day and night where I saw my mom as she once was full of hope, joy, love and wonder!! What a fantastic day that was, and I know God Himself was there, He melted my heart and brought us together, He knew it would be her last and now I wont be looking upon that day in regret instead its a day of amazement in which I give God all the glory in!!!

I am soon to have my own child, and I can see that these TRADITIONS are important, I want her to be able to have cherished memories. I want her to be excited for the season, I want her to feel the love, joy and peace of the Spirit of Christ in the midst of the day and night. My family and I are not celebrating anything Pagan, we all know that Jesus wasnt born on Christmas, but we all love Jesus with all our hearts and the day will be a day we celebrate Him and all He has done for us and is going to do for us!! Its a day we are going to go be with our families and with our loved ones and celebrate each other and love one another. When she gets old enough to understand I will teach my daughter what was celebrated December 25th 1000's of years ago, and she will have the choice to either celebrate it as Christmas for the reasons we celebrate it or she can abstain. It will be her choice, but I no longer will be Pharisaical in my approach to the Holidays. The Word of God is clear concerning these things and it is as simple as this, judge no man on what days he holds holy to the Lord and judge no man on what days he esteems or doesnt esteem to the Lord. I believe the Lord created all the days, and thus everyone is justified in celebrating Him on any day they choose. The fact is I am quite sure I can find a Pagan or Satanic or Non Christian Holy day that is celebrated on just about any and every day of the year. Why should a day that Satan has been worshiped on stop me from celebrating and worshiping God? It would be no wonder why Satan would try and reserve everyday for himself if everyone begins to refuse to celebrate the Lord on days "associated" with Satan. I say forget that, how about we start taking back all the days and make them all Holy for the Lord so that Satan gets none?

Regardless, to each their own when it comes to Christmas, if you celebrate it then Merry Christmas may the Lord bless and guide you and may you worship Him in Spirit and Truth, and if you dont celebrate Christmas well then Happy 25th of December, may the Lord bless and guide you and I hope you choose to worship Him and Spirit and Truth and not let Satan rule the day in your life...
Your experiencied on Christmas is amazing! I'm glad that you shared with us! =) I come from a latin family, I'm from Brasil. Those kind of moments we share almost all the holidays or special dates. So, I thought we could let christmas go...because of the meaning behind it. I dont know if that sounds silly... but I wish I couldn't make part of it. But if you enjoy christmas and if it is brings good memories, so celebrate it!!!! =)

PS. : sorry for any grammar mistake.

Last edited:

Nicole

Rookie
I've heard about the pagan roots etc. and stuff, but haven't looked into it. My sister probably knows a lot about it since she's been talking about similar stuff that's like on this website. Anyway, I'm still celebrating Christmas. It's normally just my mom putting up the tree, us decorating it, and her buying me and my sister gifts so I haven't really thought to think about it like that. I do think it's good to talk about things like that though, heck I think it's neat to hear about other holidays too since there's more holidays than just Christmas in December for that matter.

Valtharia

Rookie
Are you going to celebrate *Yule this year?

Fixed it for ya! ;):D

Well, why the hell not? We are all going to hell anyways.

manama

Star
Thankfully i don't live in a place where the only time people see their families is Christmas lol

Never celebrated it, won't ever celebrate it.

Venus

Rookie
Was going to. I grew up with the tradition of Christmas been the celebration of the birth of Jesus, and all activities revolved around that joy of having the messiah come to earth. Unfortunately, I coudn.'t celebrate Christmas Eve as our tradition goes, but all the happenings of the last 2 weeks meant that Christmas was celebrated when we gave ourselves to those in need.

I guess I'm pagan...

Annit

My family still goes through the motions. And thinking back as a kid, it wasn't that fun either. I never minded Church though. Because I got to use my unique talent of scoping a girl from 100 yards away. Yes, I'll find those women. Even at church. I even give myself a mental pat on the back every time. Like "Got her!". The hunting ritual has been completed.

Christmas isn't about Horus. Or is it? People hunt for many things during the holiday season. And they try to avoid things too. Like we all turn into the hunted, and the hunters. I guess it depends on your perspective, but this can be good or bad. It's bad if people are being used and exploited. Like people don't realize they are just following an archetypal narrative. One with a lot of power over the mind.

Just saying. If you are going to be a little hunter. At least pay homage to the God of Hunting.
Is this serious? You know that's the sign of a psychopath, a controller and an abuser right? To target girls and manipulate them and treat them like objects? I knew boys in high school that were actually really decent human beings. You obviously are proud of yourself for objectifying females. ???

Vixy

Star
Is this serious? You know that's the sign of a psychopath, a controller and an abuser right? To target girls and manipulate them and treat them like objects? I knew boys in high school that were actually really decent human beings. You obviously are proud of yourself for objectifying females. ???
Yeah, sorry to say this but Aero, that IS the way psychopaths see the world; be the hunter or the prey.