Are We Permitted To Test God?

Tatilina

Star
I wanted God to prove He was real because I never sensed His presence any more. My faith was severely damaged post surgery. This is why. http://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/encounter/the-link-between-temporal-lobe-epilepsy-and-mysticism/5956982
My faith had been in my experiences. I got angrier and angrier that I felt nothing and thanks to the Internet learned that mental illness/ neurological diseases are tied to human spirituality and religious experiences.

Because I heard nothing and felt nothing I walked away. Because I did that I gave myself permission to delve into books and movies I never would have dreamed of doing pre-surgery. I never felt things watching me any more. I wasn't even scared by horror movie music any more. http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/06/19/why-is-scary-music-scary-heres-the-science/

I never unbelieved in Christianity though. I unbelieved in my "faith".
Thanks for sharing that link because I don't think enough people are well educated in how the brain works and contains the spirit/spiritual experience. I believe that is where our spirit is contained is in the brain/mind.

It is possible that there are legit spiritual experiences that God used in some instances, maybe not all. I've experienced God's confirmations about certain things and felt his presence.

Also, I know it is not unusual for God to remain silent with us either for long periods of time. I wouldn't dismiss that God wasn't using these seizures and that they didn't have a purpose.

JoChris

Superstar
Thanks for sharing that link because I don't think enough people are well educated in how the brain works and contains the spirit/spiritual experience. I believe that is where our spirit is contained is in the brain/mind.

It is possible that there are legit spiritual experiences that God used in some instances, maybe not all. I've experienced God's confirmations about certain things and felt his presence.

Also, I know it is not unusual for God to remain silent with us either for long periods of time. I wouldn't dismiss that God wasn't using these seizures and that they didn't have a purpose.
It's a bit like "What comes first- the chicken or the egg?"But in my case the memory of "faith formation" really is scrambled.
Christian friends said similar things to what you typed too, but like many people typing on this forum who have left the Christian faith for alternatives I was trusting in my (now lack of) experiences and opinions instead of the bible.

You do not want to test God if you ever knew Him to begin with.

Somebody who tests God, without having ever known Him, will not get any answer in my opinion.

God Is The One Maintaining our eyesight at each and every moment.

Do you really want to test such A Benevolent Being?

Can you imagine your life without your eyesight?

Can you imagine your life without any of your other senses of perception?

We have so much to be grateful for, yet we find all the reasons not to be.

We have been blinded by Satan and his cohorts.

They have lain out their webs across this world.

They have invented jobs and payment systems whereby you forget God Almighty and instead place your reliance on the salary that's coming at the end of the month.

They have invented the world wide web and have made evil so easily accessible so that anybody may be perverted on their own.

They made us forget God by entangling us in this web of lies and deceit.

So no, we are not permitted to test God Almighty given that He Is The One To Whom we should feel forever grateful for the lives we've been given, let alone the other blessings we all tend to take for granted.

Why would you want to test The One Who Knows Best what's good for us than anybody else?

He's The One Maintaining us alive and well at each and every moment. Even those who are sick or suffering, nobody knows their plight and what they are going through except God Alone. Everybody is blessed, in one way or another. God Never Burdens a soul beyond its capacity to bear it. No matter what happens, you will always be able to bear any burden. God Is In Control. We were nothing so no thank you.

Tatilina

Star
It's a bit like "What comes first- the chicken or the egg?"But in my case the memory of "faith formation" really is scrambled.
Christian friends said similar things to what you typed too, but like many people typing on this forum who have left the Christian faith for alternatives I was trusting in my (now lack of) experiences and opinions instead of the bible.
Oh I totally agree with you on that for sure. Whatever spiritual experience that you or others had that were legit has to line up with the word of God. That is the only way to be certain, otherwise than you know that it's either just in your mind or that it is something else.

JoChris

Superstar
Oh I totally agree with you on that for sure. Whatever spiritual experience that you or others had that were legit has to line up with the word of God. That is the only way to be certain, otherwise than you know that it's either just in your mind or that it is something else.
So that explains why I personally am so focused on what the bible actually says. I would have no faith if I did not believe what it says about Jesus and what He has done for me.

Tatilina

Star
So that explains why I personally am so focused on what the bible actually says. I would have no faith if I did not believe what it says about Jesus and what He has done for me.
I'm the same way, that is why I am not fond of sermons over scripture because sermons can have personal interpretation of certain verses and turned into something else with different meaning. I say this because all human understanding and our perceptions are fallible. This is why I also prefer bibles without any commentaries or foot notes and just scripture alone. If you have any trouble with understanding a certain verse or chapter, I just pray and ask for wisdom and for God to guide me through his holy spirit as I read his word, so that I don't make the mistake of misinterpreting his word. I ask humbly. I remind him of how many false teachings and doctrines there are and I don't want to fall into the traps of all the false doctrines that are out there.

Time for bed, finish tomorrow.
Goodnight Joanne. :)

Mr. Blah

Veteran
You do not want to test God if you ever knew Him to begin with.

Somebody who tests God, without having ever known Him, will not get any answer in my opinion.

God Is The One Maintaining our eyesight at each and every moment.

Do you really want to test such A Benevolent Being?

Can you imagine your life without your eyesight?

Can you imagine your life without any of your other senses of perception?

We have so much to be grateful for, yet we find all the reasons not to be.

We have been blinded by Satan and his cohorts.

They have lain out their webs across this world.

They have invented jobs and payment systems whereby you forget God Almighty and instead place your reliance on the salary that's coming at the end of the month.

They have invented the world wide web and have made evil so easily accessible so that anybody may be perverted on their own.

They made us forget God by entangling us in this web of lies and deceit.

So no, we are not permitted to test God Almighty given that He Is The One To Whom we should feel forever grateful for the lives we've been given, let alone the other blessings we all tend to take for granted.

Why would you want to test The One Who Knows Best what's good for us than anybody else?

He's The One Maintaining us alive and well at each and every moment. Even those who are sick or suffering, nobody knows their plight and what they are going through except God Alone. Everybody is blessed, in one way or another. God Never Burdens a soul beyond its capacity to bear it. No matter what happens, you will always be able to bear any burden. God Is In Control. We were nothing so no thank you.
I am aware of those things.

But, why does He not care everyone of us equally in life?
Why does He let 1-day-old baby die (I have seen her tomb.)? Maybe if she survives until now, she would be great mother. Who knows?

I am aware of those things.

But, why does He not care everyone of us equally in life?
Why does He let 1-day-old baby die (I have seen her tomb.)? Maybe if she survives until now, she would be great mother. Who knows?
Oh He Does Care about everyone of us equally in life. It's just us who can't see it yet.

The heart is the most important organ in the human body and believe it or not, the heart too has eyes and ears.

The heart is God's House. But when man chooses to let other things enter his heart other than God, then the heart cannot be of any help to us spiritually. Follow your heart, always.

Death is not a curse but a blessing. The death of young infants might actually be a blessing in disguise for their own selves. Like you said, who knows?

Evidently, The Almighty Knows Best Always and that's why it happened in the first place. Maybe she would have been mk-ultra'd or something like that and death did spare her from having to go through that.

That being said, this world isn't worth much to be honest. Consider the fact that our bodies are full of waste for example. That in itself alludes to some unpleasantness that many among us would have been glad to have been devoid of. That might be one reason why they are seeking to transhumanize us through robot parts, don't you think? However, in Paradise, there won't even be a need to use the bathroom...