Are There Ex-christians Here? Why Do You Leave The Faith?

mecca

Superstar
But doesn't that beat the purpose of this life? If you know you're going to be reincarnated to try again, surely you'd just do what you want and be heedless of God the first time since you know you'll have a second chance...
I don't agree with Art at all about reincarnation, but what you are saying doesn't make any sense. We all complain about the evill and suffering that happens in this world, yet you arguing that most would choose to do whatever they want and come back for a second chance. See, even if I did beleive in reincarnation, I would still be motivated to do everything I could so I didn't have to come back to this world again.
When one reincarnates they forget their past life and all the actions/choices they made outside of their new body, right? (If reincarnation is actually real.)

Haich

Superstar
I don't agree with Art at all about reincarnation, but what you are saying doesn't make any sense. We all complain about the evill and suffering that happens in this world, yet you arguing that most would choose to do whatever they want and come back for a second chance. See, even if I did beleive in reincarnation, I would still be motivated to do everything I could so I didn't have to come back to this world again.
Well they would choose to do what they want. It's almost like a licence to sin, you get to enjoy the 'fruits' of this life and live a holy life when you're reincarnated. Why would God test you twice if you failed your firstborn life? Doesn't make sense to me

Haich

Superstar
When one reincarnates they forget their past life and all the actions/choices they made outside of their new body, right? (If reincarnation is actually real.)
That's the thing Art didn't specify but if they were reincarnated with a clean slate it still doesn't make sense why would God do that? It contradicts with the very principles of the abrahamic religions. One life equals one chance

That's the thing Art didn't specify but if they were reincarnated with a clean slate it still doesn't make sense why would God do that? It contradicts with the very principles of the abrahamic religions. One life equals one chance
Where does it say one life one chance in the Gospel?

Anyway, your soul has an inherent longing to go home where it belongs, to become one with God. In Islam you have fitra which signifies this same intrinsic nature longing for oneness. Same concept. Your body/mind is the vehicle and your "job" is to establish contact with your divine origins. If you don't succeed at that, your soul returns to hell (= earthly life).

Think it was Stephan Hoeller who described the crying of a baby taken out of his mother's womb as the soul realizing he's back where he was. :p

Edit: Btw, Christian teachings on this aren't very elaborate particularly because the Catholic concept of hell has pretty much distorted and pushed aside this view.

Last edited:

Lady

Star

Anyway, your soul has an inherent longing to go home where it belongs, to become one with God. In Islam you have fitra which describes this same intrinsic nature longing for oneness. Same concept. Your body/mind is the vehicle and your "job" is to establish contact with your divine origins. If you don't succeed at that, your soul returns to hell (= earthly life).

Think it was Stephan Hoeller who described the crying of a baby taken out of his mother's womb as the soul realizing he's back where he was. :p

Edit: Btw, Christian teachings on this aren't very elaborate particularly because the Catholic concept of hell has pretty much distorted and pushed aside this view.
Lol!
"NOOOO! Not back here again!"

Last edited:

Todd

Star

Anyway, your soul has an inherent longing to go home where it belongs, to become one with God. In Islam you have fitra which signifies this same intrinsic nature longing for oneness. Same concept. Your body/mind is the vehicle and your "job" is to establish contact with your divine origins. If you don't succeed at that, your soul returns to hell (= earthly life).

Art, I think we believe very similar things on this, except that instead of retuning to the age or realm of human history on this planet, I believe unbelievers go through the same process in ages or realms that are still to come. But agree with your question "where does it say one life one chance in the Gospel?"

Art, I think we believe very similar things on this, except that instead of retuning to the age or realm of human history on this planet, I believe unbelievers go through the same process in ages or realms that are still to come.
What is the difference between "age or realm of human history on this planet" and "ages or realms that are still to come"? Do you think we will move somewhere else?

I don't think the world (our planet) will disappear, it will simply transform. We will likely hardly realize it, something which will probably and only be obvious to the "elect". Don't you believe the world changed 2,000 years ago? Cause I sure do. The world was baptized, the old structures fell apart, a reign of the "church" began.

Lady

Star
What is the difference between "age or realm of human history on this planet" and "ages or realms that are still to come"? Do you think we will move somewhere else?

I don't think the world (our planet) will disappear, it will simply transform. We will likely hardly realize it, something which will probably and only be obvious to the "elect". Don't you believe the world changed 2,000 years ago? Cause I sure do. The world was baptized, the old structures fell apart, a reign of the "church" began.
Interesting point that the world will change without many realizing it. Will this change be gradual, and will it begin with the signs in Revelations, or has it already begun?

Todd

Star

I'm not entirely sure, but I do not believe that we are reincarnated multiple times into the present timeline of human history that we are living in (about 6000 years). I also believe that everyone will have the memory of their life in this current age, when we get to ages to come.

Monika

Rookie
I was a born again christian in my teens but it was just the worst time for me, not only with what was going on in my life but with how I felt inside too. I felt incrediably torn and conflicted; right from the beginning I was trying to reconsile my scientific mind with creationist young earth views and it was like trying to stuff cotton wool into the logical part of my brain. I obsessed about sin constantly and was always fearful and full of guilt, especially over natural impulses such as sexual desire. I was searching for truth but never felt so confused, longing for acceptance but felt inadequate and judged, craving love but felt...nothing. Just empty space despite my prayers and tears, even shedding my own blood because I couldn't stand the pain no more. Yes, the people in my church were nice but when sh*t hit the fan even they backed off. It took me many years to get over my experience of Christianity so I don't wish to go back there.

floss

Star
I was a born again christian in my teens but it was just the worst time for me, not only with what was going on in my life but with how I felt inside too. I felt incrediably torn and conflicted; right from the beginning I was trying to reconsile my scientific mind with creationist young earth views and it was like trying to stuff cotton wool into the logical part of my brain. I obsessed about sin constantly and was always fearful and full of guilt, especially over natural impulses such as sexual desire. I was searching for truth but never felt so confused, longing for acceptance but felt inadequate and judged, craving love but felt...nothing. Just empty space despite my prayers and tears, even shedding my own blood because I couldn't stand the pain no more. Yes, the people in my church were nice but when sh*t hit the fan even they backed off. It took me many years to get over my experience of Christianity so I don't wish to go back there.
God is setting you up for an awesome victorious come back, you'll be on your knees full of tears. Don't sweat it, and good luck my friend.

JoChris

Superstar
My walk as a teen was very turbulent too.
Make sure you have good Christian support next time. It sounds like you were under extreme spritual attack.

Interesting point that the world will change without many realizing it. Will this change be gradual, and will it begin with the signs in Revelations, or has it already begun?
I actually think it happened already 2,000 years ago and gradually manifested throughout the world. Reading the Gospel you get the idea the Apostles are speaking as if the World had already been transformed by Christ's Word. That's what the Word or Logos does btw: it shapes reality. What happened after Christ had come cannot be underestimated with 4 billion at present people believing He's the Messiah who will come back.

But the World is transforming back according to Satan's will. We can see it with our waking eyes through the window of the internet. The antichrist apparently has to arrive before Christ returns.