Are There Ex-christians Here? Why Do You Leave The Faith?

Mr. Blah

Veteran
Are there ex-Christians here?

Why do you leave the faith?

(I don't want to judge you.... but just want to know it....)

Are there ex-Christians here?

Why do you leave the faith?

(I don't want to judge you.... but just want to know it....)
Yes. Because as a Christian, I could not find the answers I was searching for about the reason I was born, the meaning of my life, and what would happen to me after I die. All praise is for God, now I know those answers without any doubt.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
I went away for a time and pursued a hedonistic lifestyle. I wanted to move the goalposts so that it was 'OK'. The thing is that God loves you too much as one of his children to give up on you.

I met someone who grew up in a Christian home, rejected what he perceived to be parental oppression and eventually turned to satanism. Even so, over time and through unusual circumstances, God brought him back... If you have fallen away, you are still never further than turning in the other direction to find the open arms of the Father.

Lisa

Superstar
Yes. Because as a Christian, I could not find the answers I was searching for about the reason I was born, the meaning of my life, and what would happen to me after I die. All praise is for God, now I know those answers without any doubt.
You said you were a catholic, it's not the same thing.

JoChris

Superstar
You said you were a catholic, it's not the same thing.
Very true. I have read a few Muslim converts' testimonies over the years who have converted from Roman Catholicism. That shows you how little Christianity RCs actually know.

Thunderian

Superstar
What are the answers to those questions, and how did you find them? I'm genuinely curious.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
We are born having received that vaccination - original Sin.
I know where you are coming from!!

What I was getting at was the way a vaccination works. You are injected with a weakened form of the virus and your body learns to recognise its protein coat. Next time it sees something like it, it has all the antibodies ready to attack it and eliminate it...

One day it struck me that so many people are shown a kind of 2 Timothy 3:5 Christianity early on -

"5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof..."

This is a weak, works based 'faith' without a genuine encounter with God and SO many people in churches settle for it. Eventually many of them turn away from an empty religion and look for something else. It is very hard to get any presentation of the Gospel over to them as they have heard it all before...

Lol. I was a raised a Catholic (Christian) who was taught that Jesus Christ is God's son and God and part of a Trinity, that we were all born with original sin and can't get to heaven unless we believe that Jesus died for our sins - basically the same Christian tenets that Protestants believe - but since Lisa and Co.take umbrage with that :rolleyes: , I'll disqualify myself from this thread and let you Christians who were never ex-Christians take over- how's that? :D
What are the answers to those questions, and how did you find them? I'm genuinely curious.
Right. Genuinely you've read it all before on the previous forum: why were we born .... why are we here ... what will happen when we die ... I found the answers by submitting in Islam to the Will of the Creator and following His guidance and His pure religion meant for all of humanity. Thanks for asking and may you be guided too. :)

Lisa

Superstar
Very true. I have read a few Muslim converts' testimonies over the years who have converted from Roman Catholicism. That shows you how little Christianity RCs actually know.
I read about a guy that converted from islam to catholicism, I think that's interesting in that they both worship Mary, and Jesus has a diminished role for both. They also believe in works, to me it's not that far a stretch.

Lisa

Superstar
Lol. I was a raised a Catholic (Christian) who was taught that Jesus Christ is God's son and God and part of a Trinity, that we were all born with original sin and can't get to heaven unless we believe that Jesus died for our sins - basically the same Christian tenets that Protestants believe - but since Lisa and Co.take umbrage with that :rolleyes: , I'll disqualify myself from this thread and let you Christians who were never ex-Christians take over- how's that? :D
Well, there are catholic rituals and traditions that don't match up with true Christianity, so you weren't actually a Christian but a catholic. You can't have basically the same, sorry.

Thunderian

Superstar
Right. Genuinely you've read it all before on the previous forum: why were we born .... why are we here ... what will happen when we die ... I found the answers by submitting in Islam to the Will of the Creator and following His guidance and His pure religion meant for all of humanity. Thanks for asking and may you be guided too. :)
I know what the Bible says, and I'm sorry you weren't able to find the answers there, because they are there. But I am asking for my personal knowledge and not to fight with you. What does Islam say are the answers to your questions? Or what was the process you went through that led you to the answers?

I know what the Bible says, and I'm sorry you weren't able to find the answers there, because they are there. But I am asking for my personal knowledge and not to fight with you. What does Islam say are the answers to your questions? Or what was the process you went through that led you to the answers?
Don't get me wrong T - The Bible had alot of truths and inspirations. How about you tell me what the Bible says about them - where are those ansers to::
Why are we born?
Why are we here?
What happens to us when we die?

And I'll tell you how I see it differently in Islam after that.

Thunderian

Superstar
Why are we born?
The Bible says in Revelation 4:11 that all things were created for God's pleasure.

Why are we here?
David wrote in Psalms 139:13, thou hast covered me in my mother's womb, which tells us that we are here because God wanted us to be here. We can only trust in his purpose for us.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

What happens to us when we die?
Hebrews 9:27 says that after death come judgement.

JoChris

Superstar

RC Church has superficial appearances of Christianity. It matches verse 5. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Timothy+3:1-5&version=KJV

It says one thing in theory, does another in practice. Actions speak louder than words.
E.g. Who does the average Catholic approach in prayer first? Jesus or Mary/ saints?
A pro-Catholic website showing how they twist scripture (angels praying to God -》we should pray to angels)
and add traditions. https://www.ewtn.com/faith/teachings/maryc4.htm
Vatican website showing how much she is idolised. http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p6.htm

Galatians 5:9 A little leaven (yeast) leaventh the whole lump.

Well for me who was raised in the religion of christianity, it started when people kept telling me about the music industry and how it was corrupt. I didnt believe it at first and kinda made fun of them for believing it but ended up researching it and seeing that it was true. The fact that society would go that far in regards to what goes on in the music industry (among other things concerning the gov't)was proof enough for me that some type of Creator existed so I started looking deeper into topics concerning Him. Pretty much after praying, reading the bible front to back, researching beliefs in christianity (Jesus is God, died for our sins etc...) in comparison with the OT, and asking pastors or any christian/church going friends about discrepancies I saw to see if they could help, I decided to leave the belief system/religion/faith alone because the answers I got seemed more like excuses. At the time (and I'd like to think now) I had no bias leaning one way or another, I just wanted to know what I should believe in because of what I was just finding out what the common person is up against in regards to their own government. Later my exit was further cemented when I saw how much the beliefs of christianity were forced on people across the world through colonialism.

JoChris

Superstar
I know where you are coming from!!

What I was getting at was the way a vaccination works. You are injected with a weakened form of the virus and your body learns to recognise its protein coat. Next time it sees something like it, it has all the antibodies ready to attack it and eliminate it...

One day it struck me that so many people are shown a kind of 2 Timothy 3:5 Christianity early on -

"5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof..."

This is a weak, works based 'faith' without a genuine encounter with God and SO many people in churches settle for it. Eventually many of them turn away from an empty religion and look for something else. It is very hard to get any presentation of the Gospel over to them as they have heard it all before...
I had to put what appears to be a glib answer in first.
A person who is not born again will receive more and more vaccinations against Christianity via sin. A person who worships sport instead of God is as damned as a Satan worshipper.
A person who lives for self is serving another god.

JoChris

Superstar
Well for me who was raised in the religion of christianity, it started when people kept telling me about the music industry and how it was corrupt. I didnt believe it at first and kinda made fun of them for believing it but ended up researching it and seeing that it was true. The fact that society would go that far in regards to what goes on in the music industry (among other things concerning the gov't)was proof enough for me that some type of Creator existed so I started looking deeper into topics concerning Him. Pretty much after praying, reading the bible front to back, researching beliefs in christianity (Jesus is God, died for our sins etc...) in comparison with the OT, and asking pastors or any christian/church going friends about discrepancies I saw to see if they could help, I decided to leave the belief system/religion/faith alone because the answers I got seemed more like excuses. At the time (and I'd like to think now) I had no bias leaning one way or another, I just wanted to know what I should believe in because of what I was just finding out what the common person is up against in regards to their own government. Later my exit was further cemented when I saw how much the beliefs of christianity were forced on people across the world through colonialism.
Was the Internet a positive or negative factor in your questioning phase? E.g. alleged contradictions in the bible that the average Joe is unlikely to know much about?

Colonialism had very mixed results. World history repeatedly shows religion used as a tool of political manipulation by the morally corrupt.