Are Spiritual Smells a Thing?

llleopard

Established
Particularly a smell of death?
My husband experiences a smell where nobody else does. It happens around people who are not even necessarily ill, but then pass away within a short space of time. For instance, we got out of the car on the road in front of a friend's house this evening, and he reeled back and asked if I could smell it. Nope. He said it was much stronger inside the house, but in general, not emanating from the person like a natural smell would. He says the smell is always the same, but when it's a child it has a kind of tragic overlay. He smells it with people we know, but has also had it happen with total strangers passing on the street.

My husband used to work as a mortician, so he knows what bodies smell like naturally after death. He says this is very different though . It's not a decomposition smell, more like a 'sweet, sickly heavy smell, sort of like lilies.'

I am wondering if anyone else has this experience, and also, what could the point of it possibly be? It seems like an unpleasant and not useful quirk. It freaks him out slightly for obvious reasons.

I know this information might prove to be useless, but I do remember an episode of the X-Files called "Revelations" where the character Owen Lee Jarvis, who was initially protecting the character of the young boy, Kevin Kryder, passes away. While on a table, Scully said she could smell a faint smell of a flowery scent emanating from him.

Scully is a Catholic so whether or not that means anything to your inquiry regarding your husband, I'm not exactly sure.

LBee

Rookie
No it is real. I experience it. Different smells too. The other day I smelt this horrible smell, like old rotten blood. Some of the smells are like the thread examples above, eg a horrible sweetish smell and it is candida, or the same frequency/smell that candida shares. Candida overgrowth is one of the factors causing our many deaths and it would be a common smell in a morgue, lying under all the other chemicals. Sometimes the smell is in our dimension just very faint, and it is as if the "sixth sense" instrument is boosting all senses. These are just my experiences and deductions, I could of course be wrong. Sometimes I smell something and it isn't the worst smell, it's like a metallic egg smell for example, but it makes my gag reflex go crazy for some reason so that is indicative of a strong immune type response