Are Satan And Lucifer The Same Being?

Aero

Superstar
You are deliberately muddying the waters.
Direct quote from you:

That is putting curses on other people from the Church out of personal revenge, using Satan as your tool.
Bible verse where Christians are given the green light to use demonic entities of any rank to punish other people please.
I am not the one muddying anything. At least not this time anyway.

It's not for revenge, it's for protection. An illuminating light from God. That would reveal I was a true follower of the Supreme God, so that would grant me the power of miracles. The power to reveal the will, and nature of The Unknowable One. And this is why I recommend people studying the concept of duality. Because something that reveals one thing, can distort another. So these apparently opposing forces don't really oppose each other. Heaven and Hell are right in front of us.

So says Gnostic Jesus. Amen

JoChris

Superstar
I am not the one muddying anything. At least not this time anyway.

It's not for revenge, it's for protection. An illuminating light from God. That would reveal I was a true follower of the Supreme God, so that would grant me the power of miracles. The power to reveal the will, and nature of The Unknowable One. And this is why I recommend people studying the concept of duality. Because something that reveals one thing, can distort another. So these apparently opposing forces don't really oppose each other. Heaven and Hell are right in front of us.

So says Gnostic Jesus. Amen
Perhaps GNOSTIC "Jesus" would say something like that.

Aero

Superstar
Lol Gnostic Jesus did say those things. It's just a question if you consider them valid, or relevant. And I don't think it makes you a cultist to pay attention to those words. People have hyped up all of that inverted Christianity stuff to the point where it's all totally misunderstood. The differences between schools of thought are blurred to the point of conspiracy.

You can't attach your beliefs to someone else and act like it overrides what's in their brain, and heart. Because it doesn't. The differences between modern day "Satanism" and modern day Gnosticsm are like night and die. Plus there's a lot of busters and imposters out there. And I've brought up how the Bible talks about sorcery being forbidden, which brings me to my question.

If sorcery is forbidden than why is there sorcery going on everywhere we look? If we take that stuff literally about how keeping things hidden is basically sorcery. Than we live in the opposite type of world the Bible envisioned for us. Sorcery is promoted, and done without people even knowing it. It's considered normal, where shining the light on the truth. Is not normal.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Lol Gnostic Jesus did say those things. It's just a question if you consider them valid, or relevant. And I don't think it makes you a cultist to pay attention to those words. People have hyped up all of that inverted Christianity stuff to the point where it's all totally misunderstood. The differences between schools of thought are blurred to the point of conspiracy.

You can't attach your beliefs to someone else and act like it overrides what's in their brain, and heart. Because it doesn't. The differences between modern day "Satanism" and modern day Gnosticsm are like night and die. Plus there's a lot of busters and imposters out there. And I've brought up how the Bible talks about sorcery being forbidden, which brings me to my question.

If sorcery is forbidden than why is there sorcery going on everywhere we look? If we take that stuff literally about how keeping things hidden is basically sorcery. Than we live in the opposite type of world the Bible envisioned for us. Sorcery is promoted, and done without people even knowing it. It's considered normal, where shining the light on the truth. Is not normal.
Interesting observations! Quantity of darkness is usually an indication of absence of light...

The Bible describes the Earth in the Last Days as having the characteristics of both the days of Noah and of Lot. In Noah's time the Earth was full of evil and violence. In Lot's time the cities were judged because not even ten righteous remained.

I know I sound like a street preacher but if today was your last day, do you honestly know where you would be going? Do you have peace and assurance about it? If not, now is as good a time as any to have a think about it...

Today is Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement. Yom Kippur falls on the tenth day of Tishrei, the seventh Jewish month, and is considered to be the holiest date on the Jewish Calendar.

It signals the end of the High Holy Days, a sacred 10-day period of repentance that commenced with Rosh Hashanah - the Jewish New Year.

Also known as the Sabbath of Sabbaths, Yom Kippur translates into English as ‘Day of Atonement’.

Last edited:

JoChris

Superstar

Short answer : Sorcery is everywhere because sinners are everywhere. That doesn't make it acceptable.

Same logic could be applied by other unrepentant sinners to their favourite sin/s.

Adultery is given the OK by many (going on statistics), does that mean it is OK in your eyes?
Sorcery is SPIRITUAL adultery.

Aero

Superstar
Short answer : Sorcery is everywhere because sinners are everywhere. That doesn't make it acceptable.

Same logic could be applied by other unrepentant sinners to their favourite sin/s.

Adultery is given the OK by many (going on statistics), does that mean it is OK in your eyes?
Sorcery is SPIRITUAL adultery.
I don't like adultery. But I also don't confine myself. I think the spirit has some different motives than what we can consciously show. Like the mind can't totally control the spirit, or "soul". So our minds can be going in one direction, and spiritually going somewhere else. It really makes me wonder about destiny.

Anyway if everyone is a sorcerer, than I shall refer to one of my previous statements. About bringing Lucifer down on those fools.

Alanantic

Star
Hey, it's all God. The good/evil paradox is meant to create a dilemma for the human soul. It's a learning tool.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." -- Isaiah 45:7

WeepingWillow

Ijs. Seems like common sense to me. Stick to the scriptures, no guessing or assuming.

Is it true or false that Christians have wrapped the devil/lucifer/Satan/the falling one/bright morning star....all into one ?

When for one as I mentioned devil was never mentioned in singular form.

Two, Christian claim Satan is the ruler of the earth when in Job....long after the serpent in genesis, Satan was still answering to God.

Three, Jesus calls himself the bright morning star in revelations......

It's obvious that something is not right with Christianity interpretations.
Sorry I know your comment is a year old but I thought I’d answer it anyway.
Lucifer & Satan will always answer to God. As Lucifer did in the story of Job. He couldn’t have done what he did to Job without the permission of God bc Job was his creation. But how they may answer God is a different story.
It is said that Lucifer was Gods 1st & favorite angel/son. Even tho he was booted from heaven as a fallen angel he was still given the 2nd most important job. Some even say that he doesn’t create evil or make ppl do wrong it is the free will & choice given to the ppl that creates that. Lucifer simply “highlights” sin & has them punished for their sins.
Believe it or not the Gnostic scriptures that Emperor Constantine chose not to put in the Bible bc it didn’t help his plan to have complete control of the ppl’s lives, religion & even in their death, these texts fill in many of the gaps left by the Emperor & their are other scriptures & Gospels to be read. Enough to create an 800 page book. Once those gaps are filled in you will understand so much more. Things they couldn’t allow the ppl in 4th century to believe bc it didn’t fit his agenda. It’s called Gnosis which means higher knowledge. It’s enlightening

Satan was a murderer from the beginning. (John 8v44) Lucifer was Son of the Morning (Isaiah 14v 12) Are those compatible, and how does 'the Devil' fit in? Are they all the same being with different names, and if so, how?
My daughter asked me what Satan's powers were in comparison to God, and I found that I had no coherant answer in my head or reasons to back up my thoughts. Consequently I told her I wasn't sure, but went with the 'Satan is Lucifer, a fallen angel and therefore has the powers of an angel, not a god' line.
I would appreciate answers from any religious or spiritual perspective, not necessarily just Christian :)
Your answer to your daughter was correct.

Red Sky at Morning

Superstar
Your answer to your daughter was correct.
Imagine a "multi-trillionaire". To us such a person would seem wealthy beyond imagination. To someone with infinite resources, such an individual would look very poor indeed!

Isaiah 14 suggests we will one day have a different perspective on Lucifer as well:-

16They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Isthis the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

mecca

Superstar
Lucifer is Satan's sock account @mecca
Lol but there's nothing that connects those two concepts. They're two separate names referring to two separate things. Lucifer is a word that was used to refer to the planet Venus. Satan is a word that means adversary. So Lucifer is a planet and Satan is God's adversary, they're not the same thing.

Unknown Warrior

Established
Satan can appear as an angel of light. Some people believe that Lucifer is a separate entity and that he is a morning star or an enlightened being. The serpent is another creature that is identified with Satan and who offered wisdom and enlightenment. Satan wants to be worshipped as God but it is easier to get people to follow him if he appears as an angelic being who offers wisdom and enlightenment. Therefore, he would rather be known as Lucifer.

mecca

Superstar
The serpent is another creature that is identified with Satan and who offered wisdom and enlightenment.
There's nothing that connects that random serpent to satan. They're also two separate characters. The serpent is just a serpent... people later added a connection between it and satan even though there is nothing to support that idea.

Unknown Warrior

Established
There's nothing that connects that random serpent to satan. They're also two separate characters. The serpent is just a serpent... people later added a connection between it and satan even though there is nothing to support that idea.
Ok, so we have three separate beings who all want the same thing.

mecca

Superstar
Ok, so we have three separate beings who all want the same thing.
No, not really. How do you even know what they all want? Lucifer is just referring to a planet, not a being so it can't even want anything. And the serpent is simply just a serpent who advances the plot in the beginning of the story and teaches people a lesson. Satan is a separate being who serves as God's adversary.